[ROM] Harmonia 2.09 18July12 (IHO Gingerbread)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 2 (IHO Gingerbread) See first post for updat

That's in the OP. down at the bottom of downloads.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

You are thinking of Harmonia 1.
2 only has black statusbars.

UOT kitchen can do it.

Last edited:

bhagerty

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I rooted my Optimus V and successfully installed Harmonia 2.0, and in general, it works great. I couldn't be happier that I went this route.

But I have encountered an odd bug that I thought I would mention. It relates to icons on my home screens. Here's what happens:

Suppose I delete an icon on a homescreen (any of them). I am then sometimes unable to put an icon in the empty space left behind by the deleted icon. That is, if I try to drop an icon from my apps list into the empty space, it simply vanishes when I lift my finger to release the icon.

"But where does the dropped icon go?" you ask.

The dropped icon lands in a folder called "Folder" on the rightmost homescreen.

Notably, it goes into "Folder" on the rightmost homescreen even if I was trying to drop the icon onto some other homescreen. Thus, for instance, today I deleted an icon from the central homescreen. I then changed my mind and tried to drop it back in place. The icon vanished when I dropped it. I tried dropping some different app icons. They all vanished when I dropped them. I later discovered, by poking around, that every icon I had dropped had ended up in "Folder" on the rightmost homescreen.

The behavior seems to be fixed by rebooting.

If more info about my setup would be helpful, let me know. I installed the bobzhome recovery and am running the March release of Harmonia 2.0 on a 2nd-generation Optimus V. As I said, this icon issue is the only problem I've encountered in a few days of running the new ROM.

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

Well, that's annoying. I had problems very similar to that when I was using the ADW Launcher. Couldn't place an icon to save my life. Too bad, because I liked the launcher, otherwise. Don't suppose you're using ADW or some other launcher?

jru

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I rooted my Optimus V and successfully installed Harmonia 2.0, and in general, it works great. I couldn't be happier that I went this route.

But I have encountered an odd bug that I thought I would mention. It relates to icons on my home screens. Here's what happens:

Suppose I delete an icon on a homescreen (any of them). I am then sometimes unable to put an icon in the empty space left behind by the deleted icon. That is, if I try to drop an icon from my apps list into the empty space, it simply vanishes when I lift my finger to release the icon.

"But where does the dropped icon go?" you ask.

The dropped icon lands in a folder called "Folder" on the rightmost homescreen.

Notably, it goes into "Folder" on the rightmost homescreen even if I was trying to drop the icon onto some other homescreen. Thus, for instance, today I deleted an icon from the central homescreen. I then changed my mind and tried to drop it back in place. The icon vanished when I dropped it. I tried dropping some different app icons. They all vanished when I dropped them. I later discovered, by poking around, that every icon I had dropped had ended up in "Folder" on the rightmost homescreen.

The behavior seems to be fixed by rebooting.

If more info about my setup would be helpful, let me know. I installed the bobzhome recovery and am running the March release of Harmonia 2.0 on a 2nd-generation Optimus V. As I said, this icon issue is the only problem I've encountered in a few days of running the new ROM.
Hmmm. I installed Harmonia 2.06 and I wasn't able to delete any iwidgets from the home screen. I'd drag them to the trash can, it would turn read and i would release. It would go back to the same position or on another home screen. I reflashed again, but after using Leslie Ann's Easy wipe zip. So far everything is working as I would expect it to.

It appears I had a bad flash. Maybe you have a bad flash too.

Jim

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Glad you like the rom. Rooting and rom'ing really makes a big difference.

That's either a launcher problem or a flash issue, I would almost bet on it.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

Is it just me or does the a) The harmonio logo not show (it shows stock Android logo) and b) The 'android guy' where the 'virgin mobile' stuff usually is is way longer now (in other words booting is even slower, which I found odd that it was slower (2.5 and 2.6) then stock (but it's not super important as what's loading is worth waiting for).

Not complaining I assure just very curious (did you remove your logo?) and I noticed I'm the only one who's posted this (at least that I see), kinda concerns me! :p

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or does the a) The harmonio logo not show (it shows stock Android logo) and b) The 'android guy' where the 'virgin mobile' stuff usually is is way longer now (in other words booting is even slower, which I found odd that it was slower (2.5 and 2.6) then stock (but it's not super important as what's loading is worth waiting for).

Not complaining I assure just very curious (did you remove your logo?) and I noticed I'm the only one who's posted this (at least that I see), kinda concerns me! :p

I would guess that you came from another rom and the kernel from this rom didn't take. You still have the old kernel lingering behind. Try reflashing

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LaFlamme

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

No, I've been lamenting the disappearance of the green Harmonia logo from the start. Loved that look. But to be fair, the new logo is pretty damn fine too and I haven't noticed any issues with the speed of the boot process.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I just accidentally left it out is all, I was anxious to get working on 1.8.
It will return next build probably.

niftypixel

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I just accidentally left it out is all, I was anxious to get working on 1.8.
It will return next build probably.

Thank you for posting this, I was about to take the advice and do a super-fresh install. Glad to know it's not just me. Thank you both very much for help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non