[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
system apps cant and shouldnt be moved from internal, thats why the option is greyed out...
if you have an sd/ext then data/apps should all move automatically if using any flavor of quatt... its built in... thanks tdm!... (provided you have made one)... <--- this can be done from recovery... make sure you backup all your sdcard info to your pc before making an ext partition...

Thanks for replying. That's just it. I've got apps like Facebook that, by your description, are showing up as system apps (I can't move them to sd or phone). I do have the /sd-ext partition. I did restore my programs using Titanium backup and it seemed like it put a lot of them on internal memory and I had to move the ones I could using the 'move to sd' option. So I'm guessing all of these 'pseduo-system' apps like facebook are taking up space on internal? How do I fix this? Uninstall and reinstall from the market?

*EDIT* Here are some apps I found that I can't move: Google Voice, Listen, Espiere Launcher, Facebook (even after uninstalling and reinstalling from market), Maps, Mobile Surveillance, Overdrive Media Console, Radio Pup, SDMaid, Solitaire, Swype Beta, WeatherBug, Wifinder, Youtube, uTorrent Remote

I think some of these may need to be system apps, but surely not all of them, right?

Last edited:

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for replying. That's just it. I've got apps like Facebook that, by your description, are showing up as system apps (I can't move them to sd or phone). I do have the /sd-ext partition. I did restore my programs using Titanium backup and it seemed like it put a lot of them on internal memory and I had to move the ones I could using the 'move to sd' option. So I'm guessing all of these 'pseduo-system' apps like facebook are taking up space on internal? How do I fix this? Uninstall and reinstall from the market?

just use a root capable file explorer and move fb and such from system/app to sd/ext, reboot... or delete them from system/app and reinstall from playstore... they should move automagically...

s13-d

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As an addendum to my last post, I never had this problem when running link2sd and I think I just figured out why - most of the space-hogging items found in /data/data are the library files included with many apps (netflix libs alone take ~18mb), and link2sd linked these as well as the apks and dalvik-cache.

Unfortunately, since quattrimus' sd-ext method is a relatively simple init script, I doubt there's any way to automate linking just the library files. After doing some more research it appears there are other "2sd" apps out there that relocate all of /data/data to sd, but supposedly this comes with a performance hit.

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Barnacle Wi-Fi Tether stopped working. Doesn't do anything after waiting for Wi-Fi disable. Same settings as I was using before. Tried clearing data and doing a reinstall. WPA_supplicant is skipped.

Solved. I had mobile data turned off (just wanted a friend to connect to my phone to share files). Barnacle was waiting to find an internet connection. Had to enable "local mode" in settings.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Alright, potential noob question here - sorry if this has already been asked and answered, this forum's search feature sucks. How come /data/data is not moved to the sd-ext along with /data/app and the dalvik-cache? I was surprised to find today that I was down to like 20mb on the data partition because the data directories from a few apps (notably Netflix and Dolphin Browser) were using a lot of space.

I worked around the problem for now by clearing Dolphin cache and uninstalling Netflix since it doesn't work under ICS anyway, but it seems like only a matter of time before /data/data fills up the data partition.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to have a separate partition for data, so you would need one ext for apps and one ext for data. There is some info about it over on the xda thread, as well as the old quattrimus alpha thread

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Checking out the changelog for 20120711, and there appears to be only one change (by @tdm) that might affect use, but I'm not exactly sure what that change means:

What exactly does this mean? When I see a change like this, I'm usually inclined to not bother flashing. It doesn't look like an important change, but I thought I'd ask first.

now I could be wrong, but tdm said something yesterday about a change in the branch that broke his nightly compile so he had to fix it? It could be from that?

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figure out how to get a working data toggle on aokp? It's no big deal but would be super convenient. Considering all of the other features the lack of a simple data toggle is kinda aggravating, especially when one is depicted in the toggles settings. Lol

Use the airplane mode toggle. It works for me. Where I work has great signal strength but horrible data. So I use wifi. And when I disconnect from wifi it doesn't always pick up 3g. So I toggle airplane mode and it comes back

chuckconnors

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
just use a root capable file explorer and move fb and such from system/app to sd/ext, reboot... or delete them from system/app and reinstall from playstore... they should move automagically...

I gave it a look using ES File Explorer with root enabled and I didn't see any of the apps I listed about in system/app . I tried to look in /sd-ext but didn't see anything except a few subdirectories. I think I read that there is some permissions issues when trying to view files in /sd-ext?

I also tried removing one of the apps and reinstalling from playstore and it ended up the same: no way to move to sd/phone. I'm pretty confused.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Works for me, too. I don't seem to have microbes, at least in my phone...

Same here on the S version of aokp. The preview for microbes won't even work.

bubbles is working for me but microbes has never worked on my phone :( which sucks cuz id like to use it

Bubbles an the unicorn work fine. Microbes not working here either. It won't display the preview. I just tried to set it and it flashed a few times then went to the default.

Thanks guys. I can't even get bubbles to work. It just says unfortunately bubbles has stopped working. And microbes doesn't even show the preview as well. Just wanted some confirmation. Thanks :)

Sent from my Decomposing Quattrimized AOKP OV.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I gave it a look using ES File Explorer with root enabled and I didn't see any of the apps I listed about in system/app . I tried to look in /sd-ext but didn't see anything except a few subdirectories. I think I read that there is some permissions issues when trying to view files in /sd-ext?

I also tried removing one of the apps and reinstalling from playstore and it ended up the same: no way to move to sd/phone. I'm pretty confused.

plug your phone into the pc sd & ext should both pop up...

Reactions: inceyet

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
@tdm, how is the kernel work going?

Did you get the kernel to decompress yet?

Haven't had much success yet. I got frustrated and started back on the merge from gingerkernel. Except this time I'm going one release at a time, and with an eye on the p700 kernel as I go.

I'm working on 2.6.36 now. When it's done, I'll update the ROM. Then the same with 2.6.37, 2.6.38, 2.6.39, 3.0, and finally ICS.

In the meantime, I am also tweaking the p700 kernel to see if I can get it to work.

So the two kernels will converge at some point.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Alright, potential noob question here - sorry if this has already been asked and answered, this forum's search feature sucks. How come /data/data is not moved to the sd-ext along with /data/app and the dalvik-cache? I was surprised to find today that I was down to like 20mb on the data partition because the data directories from a few apps (notably Netflix and Dolphin Browser) were using a lot of space.

I worked around the problem for now by clearing Dolphin cache and uninstalling Netflix since it doesn't work under ICS anyway, but it seems like only a matter of time before /data/data fills up the data partition.

Because /data/data holds system data also. So if you pull your sdcard with it relocated, you basically get a factory reset. I might implement this as an option if lots of folks are running out of space with sdext, but it's kinda risky.

Reactions: s13-d and Anonymo

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Checking out the changelog for 20120711, and there appears to be only one change (by @tdm) that might affect use, but I'm not exactly sure what that change means:

What exactly does this mean? When I see a change like this, I'm usually inclined to not bother flashing. It doesn't look like an important change, but I thought I'd ask first.

Merge remote-tracking branch means that they changed the same file that I did, and the changes were merged. The relevant changes should be just below that entry.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa