[ROM][BETA] Quattrimus ICS

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
There isn't likely to be much change to the code in the next couple of weeks. I'm busy with ICS bringup on my Marquee, which will be followed by my Slider. The ICS code in both CM and AOKP isn't changing much at all recently, as both are working on JB now.

So, any objections to promoting the 7/31 build to beta2? Are there any regressions or issues that weren't present in beta1?

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding me tdm you a beast bruh I'm on the 7/31aokp :D:thumbup::thumbup: got my vote on beta 2 haven't messed with oc yet aside 600/480 standard but hands down top rom and has been my daily

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yea, that bug I reported is apparently a VERY rare bug, so it's not that big of a deal, just a UI restart, and its fixed.

I say a promotion is needed, and I'd suggest only updating if you personally have something to add to the ROM, or if there's any changes to CM9 and AOKP.

sent from my un-dead sammich.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Benn running aokp for a week or so. Finally did thw partition and it made things run much smoother. Id say a definite beta 2 rom. Ive followed this since the very first release and its come so far it's amazing. A true tribute to your work tdm. However, I feel to go beta 3 or whatever, the new kernel has got to work. Getting that kernel working could be the single biggest upgrade the optimus has ever had. It will force other dev to turn the corner, leaving GB behind, and moving further in to 4.? :thumbup:

Edit: no pressure by the way :D

Reactions: tdm

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
^+1 all the way!!
Once that kernel is fully functional, it will most likely extend development for the into the next android milestone(kit-kat? :p).
Our little Optimi have already come a long way, lets push it to the Max! :D

K

kobequintana

^+1 all the way!!
Once that kernel is fully functional, it will most likely extend development for the into the next android milestone(kit-kat? :p).
Our little Optimi have already come a long way, lets push it to the Max! :D

Rock on nitestalker rock on :D

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Been testing out battery life with low to moderate use on AOKP, and I'm impressed so far.
I took my phone off the charger after a full charge at 12am (GMT +7hours Arizona) and it is now at 20% and its 4:55pm (GMT +7hours Arizona) which means, it has been running for ~17hours, with ~4hours of music playback, tapatalk for a total of ~3-5 hours, web surfing on WiFi for ~1-2 hours.
I wish the battery stats issue was fixed so i could show proof... it says its only been off the charger for 6 hours lol.

K

kobequintana

Aokp is awesome
Its almost as stable as CM9 for me clocked at 600/480 savadzen
I also love the custom options

kboone13

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Excuse me if I'm missing something, but what happened to this? Seems like the closest thing we've had to a YouTube fix so far..

So, this is probably a stupid question but, what makes youtube like a slideshow on AOKP but not CM9. Would it be possible to just copy files from CM9 to solve that on AOKP or is that easier said than done.

EDIT: Yeah, worked just fine. A copied over a few files. So i'll do a little more checking to see which one helped.
EDIT2: just libmediaplayerservice.so copied it over from the cm9 build and youtube is no longer a slideshow on AOKP.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Aokp is awesome
Its almost as stable as CM9 for me clocked at 600/480 savadzen
I also love the custom options

I should have mentioned that i've been running on 864/600 savegedzen the entire time :p
sadly, i couldn't wait for my phone to die, cause i needed to transfer some files via USB to my phone, BUT in the hour that i waited, it went from 20% to 17%... and it's been charging for about an hour through my computer(slow charge speeds) and its only gotten up to 34%.
But thats only cause usually when i charge with my computer, it takes several hours to get a full charge, versus charging with the wall charger, it takes less than an hour to reach 100% from a dead state.

MrDynamo

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a workaround for Netflix yet? If you could download netflix videos I could play them with MX Player, but I do not believe that is possible.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there a workaround for Netflix yet? If you could download netflix videos I could play them with MX Player, but I do not believe that is possible.

There's a thread for that somewhere on this forum. Search around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress