[GUIDE] Optimus V ZVJ

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
New info! I just checked out the files in the zvd fix for jb and pulled thoes files from hydro rom and now I can run well....pretty much any from I want zv4 zv5 zv9 or zvd all from the zvj radio.

EDIT: Heres the files. NOTE THIS IS NOT FLASHABLE.
http://www.mediafire.com/?p45uy7mu5016lyd
unzip them and put them in /system/libs/ of the rom you want to use on zvj and you'll have working data tested on cm7 and 9 OV roms.. This also means working MMS with the ZVJ Radio on the V. nitestalkr will be making it flashable

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: mlson and Nate456

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
New info! I just checked out the files in the zvd fix for jb and pulled thoes files from hydro rom and now I can run well....pretty much any from I want zv4 zv5 zv9 or zvd all from the zvj radio.

http://www.mediafire.com/?p45uy7mu5016lyd
unzip them and put them in /system/libs/ of the rom you want to use on zvj and you'll have working data tested on cm7 and 9 OV roms.. This also means working MMS with the ZVJ Radio on the V. nitestalkr will be making it flashable

Flashable should be up sometime mid-day of 7/28, its going to be the very first thing I do when I wake up!

sent from my un-dead sammich.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

zv-4-5-9-d-to-zvj.zip

MMS WORKS??!? :WHAT: how did that fix mms? Haha and won't we need to fix every rom for mms? Either way, you are a boss! I'm definitely switching over asap!

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
MMS WORKS??!? :WHAT: how did that fix mms? Haha and won't we need to fix every rom for mms? Either way, you are a boss! I'm definitely switching over asap!

Remember, its not yyet flashable.
@Sammyz & thewairh420, if we can somehow manage to make installing ZVJ firmware easier (flashable zip, or update zip), then development for the Optimus V/S all basebands, could be taken place without worry of which phone, or baseband someone has. Which I'm sure devs would just LOVE!

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You should make two of these zips nitestalkr. One for s users and one for v users. Changing the build.prop identities and keys as well for each respective phone.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
You should make two of these zips nitestalkr. One for s users and one for v users. Changing the build.prop identities and keys as well for each respective phone.

That's on my morning todo list.
Idk why, but all of this makes me feel like a little kid in a candy shop... basically just integrated rom development for both phones, and rendered all of those sayings about "LG Optimus S roms/firmware bricks Optimus V, and could never work." now false.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by andrewnelson23<br />
<br />
<br />
Remember, its not yyet flashable.<br />
@Sammyz & thewairh420, if we can somehow manage to make installing ZVJ firmware easier (flashable zip, or update zip), then development for the Optimus V/S all basebands, could be taken place without worry of which phone, or baseband someone has. Which I'm sure devs would just LOVE!<br />
<br />
I think I know of an easier faster way than LGNPST, I need to make it flash as a KDZ file and I know how to do this :D and no it won't flash by changing .cab to .kdz
I got programs, I wont be home all day though :( will do it tonight ASAP.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

Reactions: nitestalkr

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering wouldn't it be easiest to do it via update.zip? Use the rooted deodexed rom as a base and then throw in the zvj radio or zvh. Have them use terminal or adb to flash the sprint recovery and flash away.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering wouldn't it be easiest to do it via update.zip? Use the rooted deodexed rom as a base and then throw in the zvj radio or zvh. Have them use terminal or adb to flash the sprint recovery and flash away.

I've tried using the update.zip for zvd and h but there's too many traces of V firmware. The most I could get is voice sms and 1x data.

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Hydro Rom

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've tried using the update.zip for zvd and h but there's too many traces of V firmware. The most I could get is voice sms and 1x data.

Factory reset, then update.zip

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset, then update.zip

I should have elaborated a little more. That was coming from VM670ZV4 firmware. I then ran optiauto to update to zvj directly but all I could get going was 1x for some reason. Since that I've re flashed the zvd bin and restored data all over again with no trouble. You were right the first time when you told me that's what had to be done. I'm not sure we'll ever have an easy way to zvj but at least now once it's working you can bring your favorite VM rom to zvj easy enough

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I should have elaborated a little more. That was coming from VM670ZV4 firmware. I then ran optiauto to update to zvj directly but all I could get going was 1x for some reason. Since that I've re flashed the zvd bin and restored data all over again with no trouble. You were right the first time when you told me that's what had to be done. I'm not sure we'll ever have an easy way to zvj but at least now once it's working you can bring your favorite VM rom to zvj easy enough

I figured that wouldn't work. :p
Gonna work on this to flash as a KDZ, the ZVD cab, can someone test it please? Someone who is on ZV4/5/9 firware?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Sammyz, the op needs to be changed. you forgot to add in the last steps of the data fix. or the other thread by phatninja55 needs to have it in. that's the steps that include adding the meid@mdata.vmobl.com to the hdr an and the hdr an long data sections. Sorry, I would test for you, but I already went back to OS zvd.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Wraith, I can't seem to get data going. It's really annoying. I think I've done everything exactly according to your instructions. the problem is the hex's don't appear to stick now. I'll type them in and click write and then I'll read again and the hex's are cleared again.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Sammyz, the op needs to be changed. you forgot to add in the last steps of the data fix. or the other thread by phatninja55 needs to have it in. that's the steps that include adding the meid@mdata.vmobl.com to the hdr an and the hdr an long data sections. Sorry, I would test for you, but I already went back to OS zvd.

Yeah..I know how ya feel. last night / this morning I went full zv4 to try using the update.zip files to get to rooted zvj but there was apparently too much vm670 firmware still there the best I could get was 1x data. So then I used e-mode to get to full zvd again and I'm once again on zvj with working data and running vm670 quatrimus.... yeah its been a busy day lol

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah..I know how ya feel. last night / this morning I went full zv4 to try using the update.zip files to get to rooted zvj but there was apparently too much vm670 firmware still there the best I could get was 1x data. So then I used e-mode to get to full zvd again and I'm once again on zvj with working data and running vm670 quatrimus.... yeah its been a busy day lol

ZVD quattrimus on ZVJ??? o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress