[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
LOL, "Updating the Towers " the word towers stand out considering VM has like 1 PRL, 61007 :p

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, with each baseband, they update their PRL, they have 2, technically 3 (2 have the same name, but different radio fixes (zv4 and zv5 basebands), and the other is released with zv9 baseband).
But yea, its still funny xD

sent from my un-dead sammich.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Guide][Port][WIP]Porting ANY OptiS rom to the OptiV in 1 Fla

I have a nandroid of my Froyo ROM. Does anyone want me to upload the activation App and they can give it a try? I'm kinda curious my self now...

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Nitestalkr, you know, you could do it differently. You could make a new thread for all zvj rom fixes and people could make requests on what rom they would like, and you could make the zvj fix.zip for them and put it in the op.

Also, did the usb mounting build.prop fix work for the jellybean fix.zip?

Last edited:

ilikechicken123

May 4, 2012
Visit site

Would it work if prior to flashing a GB rom, we flash a froyo rom, use the activate app then flash to GB?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I checked and the build.prop already has the usb mass storage in there. So it must be somewhere else that's causing the problem.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Just thought about it.... See if the rom boots if you use a CM7 Build.prop from Mirage.

Activate app uses framework and libs I think. Leslieann attempted to port it to GB.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Nitestalkr, you know, you could do it differently. You could make a new thread for all zvj rom fixes and people could make requests on what rom they would like, and you could make the zvj fix.zip for them and put it in the op.

Also, did the usb mounting build.prop fix work for the jellybean fix.zip?

I believe that would be something wrong with CM10.. not 100%, but if i find a way to fix it, i will.
and try to keep the JellyBean fix discussion to the Jelly Bean thread, that way, i dont get confused with adding things to this .zip, and the Jellybean specific zip. :p
(i can easily get confused in the graveyard hours, like that one directory mishap i did when i fixed the keylayout xD )

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

So I tried using the flashable port patch when flashing GB, and it didn't work, I have 0 service. Am I supposed to use the activate app now? or was that only to fix data?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm on zv9. Can't seem to get any service whatsoever going on it. haven't tried the activate app, wasn't sure if that's what I was supposed to do or what...?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on zv9. Can't seem to get any service whatsoever going on it. haven't tried the activate app, wasn't sure if that's what I was supposed to do or what...?

Hmm, well I can confirm zv4, and zv5 work.
The activate app was theorized to get data working, but it needs to be properly ported to GB(will look into its achievability.)
And I'm assuming yyou mean texting and calling right?
It worked for me on hydro... strange...

sent from my un-dead sammich.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

Well that's why then. Go to ZV5 and this will work, go to ZV9 and this won't work on GB based ROMs only.

Reactions: nitestalkr

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

@sammyz I was just thinking. What if we flashed the hydr rom and fix and then could we use lgpnst to restore our *nvs??? And then fix data with the method for fixing data that's used for your guide?? And then all we'd need is a simple key fix and mms.

Would that work??

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

@sammyz I was just thinking. What if we flashed the hydr rom and fix and then could we use lgpnst to restore our *nvs??? And then fix data with the method for fixing data that's used for your guide?? And then all we'd need is a simple key fix and mms.

Would that work??

Nope.
The problem is that it gets reprogrammed with sprint settings because of the bin file......it won't make a difference doing it this way...the phone will actually still be detected as a VM670 ZV9 phone while running hydro rom...