[Patch's]ZVJ to ZVD & ZVD to ZVJ Flashable zips(Optimus V)

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Or maybe remove MMS.apk from zip entirely.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

that's what im doing and also adding a combination of Optimus S and Optimus V RIL files.. i found that some Optimus S ones are needed for data, and Optimus V are needed for calling and sms

It has to be a specific magic combination of Optimus S and Optimus V files, to work with GB roms.. but every other rom, all Optimus V files works fine as is.

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
On Hydro rom, I have better reception meaning more stable connection. Im liking this. Gonna flash Mirage Kernel though. Hysro Kernel hates me. Sometimes the phone locks up and doesnt turn back on. :)

Edit:MRG kernel is incompatiable. Lucky I had a flashable Hydro Kernel. :p

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I THINK I have a mms working for Hydro but i can't test (no OV).

Non-flashable. Unzip, backup originals, and replace.

Thx again for the help nate. If this is the same as what you pm'd me then it doesn't work right yet. On wifi it'll say sent but the recipient won't get it and on 3g it says expired or not available. Receiving shows up as garbled text from 999-999-9999

Tapatalk'n it from my VM670 running LS670ZVJ Dante Rom

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I should have an updated patch fix soon.. accidentally rushed into experimenting with something, bricked my phone, but i recovered. anywho, about to upload the fix to the first patch in the OP.

Edit:
Updated the ZVJ to ZVD patch, should be flashable now.
And i added a tip from ThatGuyLurkin on how to get data working in Hydro, and other GB roms.
Thanks TGL!!!

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Could you be more specific, please? I see zvd to zvj and zvj to zvd downloads. haha well which one means zvd roms to work on zvj radio and which one means zvj roms to work on zvd radio?
lol

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Could you be more specific, please? I see zvd to zvj and zvj to zvd downloads. haha well which one means zvd roms to work on zvj radio and which one means zvj roms to work on zvd radio?
lol

I thought it was pretty straight forward, and I have explanations above each link.
Hope the following clears it up.
ZVJ(rom) to ZVD(firmware)
ZVD(rom) froyo ZVJ(firmware)

sent from my un-dead sammich.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
If you have access to wifi, you can manually install the patch on GB roms. TharGuyLurkin provided how he got it working, and I put it in the OP.

Oh I thought that was just to fix data. And that's a lot of work that I really don't wanna do haha I'll just stay on my quattrimus :) possibly going to zvj radio tomorrow.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh I thought that was just to fix data. And that's a lot of work that I really don't wanna do haha I'll just stay on my quattrimus :) possibly going to zvj radio tomorrow.

It is, I'm still not sure why there are so many mixed results with service on GB roms.

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Hydro Rom is good, yes. It locks up a lot, so I have a low overclock. Please, tell me if any of you guys have lock ups. I want to know if it's just me. :confused:

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hydro Rom is good, yes. It locks up a lot, so I have a low overclock. Please, tell me if any of you guys have lock ups. I want to know if it's just me. :confused:

I haven't really tested out the extents of hydro, just used that to see if my patch works out. It never locked up on me, and I had it overclocked at 844/600, when I messed around with it.