[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.5E (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 10AUG11 Edify FIxe

is there any chance of getting the new market compatible with Harmonia 1.3?
The power button mod messes with the file signing.
The new Market has a new security system that checks the signing.

Until I can find a way around this, it's going to be iffy at best. The "easy" method means re-signing a bunch of files, including the Market app. However that breaks the next Market update.

Now, how do I remove "News and Weather"?
A file manager with root can remove it.
It's in system/app and it's called GenieWidget.apk

Reactions: mewikime

newtechie

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site

I am wondering if somebody can help me with my issue. I am new to all these root, backup, flash ROM thing. I rooted my Optimus V using Gingerbreak (after many tries thought) and then followed the instruction here. My phone randomly reboot itself from time to time. At first, I though it might because that I did not format everything except the MicroSD card. So I re-did everything again, strictly as suggested. It seems that the situation improved for the first couple of days. But yesterday and today the rebooting issue is getting worse.

What could be the causes? What should I do to solve this problem? Or should I just try another ROM? If so, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

overclocking too high can cause reboots.
if you've set an overclock, try turning it down a notch.
sometimes bad sd cards can do it too.

glowshi

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Eagerly awaiting new harmonia iho build! Is it in the works? First build was nice but it seems like it could be trimmed down a bit more.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Eagerly awaiting new harmonia iho build! Is it in the works? First build was nice but it seems like it could be trimmed down a bit more.
It can be slimmed down more, that was just a first run.

The problem is that I rebuilt my server and therefor my build box. During the downtime, kernel.org was hacked and have shut everything down while they secure everything, which makes it impossible to build a rom now unless you already have it set up.

Once they get back online I will be cranking out another Harmonia 2 IHO.

Is there a specific thread for Harmonia 2.0? I've searched on my Android via Tapatalk and can't find it.
xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Oh, and I found the issue with 1.5E storage, I just have to get it in a working rom. Probably by this weekend I will have it all fixed.

Reactions: Ticojpunk

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
It can be slimmed down more, that was just a first run.

The problem is that I rebuilt my server and therefor my build box. During the downtime, kernel.org was hacked and have shut everything down while they secure everything, which makes it impossible to build a rom now unless you already have it set up.

Once they get back online I will be cranking out another Harmonia 2 IHO.

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Oh, and I found the issue with 1.5E storage, I just have to get it in a working rom. Probably by this weekend I will have it all fixed.

Lots o' good news there! Looking forward to 1.5 with full storage. Also to 2.0. I'm a big fan of your approach to ROMs.

Sent from my VM670

Reactions: LeslieAnn

cpshelley

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn, thanks again for another amazing ROM. I have been with you since Aphrodite 1.x, and am currently using your latest Harmonia release and I love it! With your ROMs I've never had a problem (that wasn't caused by myself, lol) and couldn't be happier. While I occasionally experiment with other ROMs on my secondary device, my primary device has been running nothing but your ROMs since I first fell in love with Aphrodite. I agree with you completely, this is how Virgin SHOULD have released this phone!!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks,
There have been issues, but I try and keep it to a minimum and pull them once we know, so most never see them. Glad you like it though.

I hope to have the corrected 1.5 up this weekend.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

kernel.org is holding me up, but I found a prior install, so I may be able to get going again.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

kernel.org is holding me up, but I found a prior install, so I may be able to get going again.

had you seen this post of JerryScript's?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104423-building-your-own-rom-3.html#post1222678
it worked to get my codeaurora repo back when I substituted in the right branch and manifest tags..
didn't try it for stock aosp repo, or cm, but it might work for you.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

had you seen this post of JerryScript's?
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104423-building-your-own-rom-3.html#post1222678
it worked to get my codeaurora repo back when I substituted in the right branch and manifest tags..
didn't try it for stock aosp repo, or cm, but it might work for you.

I'm still learning what a lot of this stuff is and does. I need to comprehend it a little better before I start messing with things like that.

I forgot that the first build box I did was an older Sony notebook I had laying around. I completely forgot that this box still had a working dev system. It has what I need and I have it copying over right now. Once I get it all up to date and such, I'm making a backup of all of it so I don't get stuck like this again.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I hope to have the corrected 1.5 up this weekend.

I may have to hold off on my project if 1.5 will be updated this weekend. lol I'm currently using your ROM as the basis of a custom creation with my own apps added, new wallpapers, etc but still the Harmonia boot screen and kernel, but I was going to use 1.3 since it has more space, at least for now.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I've been looking all over this ROM but can't find where the default wallpaper is stored...I'll continue looking but hopefully someone can give me an idea of where to look :)