[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

cpshelley

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
works like a charm for me Leslie! havent had a chance to try wifi yet due to lack of an access point in my vicinity, but ill test it out at work tomorrow and let you know.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed 1.6 and my Wifi works without issue. I did a fresh wipe and flash though.

This update is awesome. Thanks so much Leslie for getting this fix in (and rather quickly too). For me, this extra 30mb is the difference between having to use LINK2SD and not having to use it. I much prefer not to! Thanks again!

Sent via VM670

Last edited:

cpshelley

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed 1.6 and my Wifi works without issue. I did a fresh wipe and flash though.

This update is awesome. Thanks so much Leslie for getting this fix in (and rather quickly too). For me, this extra 30mb is the difference between having to use LINK2SD and not having to use it. I much prefer not to! Thanks again!

Sent via VM670

ditto on the link2sd. i did a fresh wipe and install as well but haven't gotten to test wifi yet. im sure it'll work fine tho.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
ditto on the link2sd. i did a fresh wipe and install as well but haven't gotten to test wifi yet. im sure it'll work fine tho.

I have every app I use and need right now (quite a lot actually) and I still have 95MB free. With nothing at all moved to the SD card. I'm very pleased to say the least.

Sent from my iPod touch

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

I have over 340MB of apps atm down from the 460MB+ I had lastnite before trimming things abit.

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

briguyy, what exactly were the problems you were having with wifi so i know what to look for?

When i would click on the WIFI button or the Portable Wifi Hotspot button in Settings > Wireless Networks it would try to connect and then say "error" underneath instead of "connected"...This may only apply to the newer phones that have the black screen problem because i flashed the kernel that bigsupersquid linked to in the following link and it fixed the problem http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/113762-fix-black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html I used the xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1024876

Edit- oh yeah i have to do the home and menu key swap fix also after flashing ( fix also found in this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/113762-fix-black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

BTW- The Harmonia ROM is the best i have found yet for the V and i just got it 4 days ago and have flashed them ALL ;) so good work!

Last edited:

jsngonz

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Hello Leslie! This is my first post ever on Android Central's Forums but I am not new to Rooting, Flashing Custom Recoveries, or Flashing Custom ROMs. I admire your work and Im a big Harmonia fan! IHO is too buggy and overwhelming for my LG Optimus V. I prefer using Harmonia and have used 1.3, 1.3.1, and 1.5E and just like everyone else, I did experience the lost of 30 MB after installing 1.5E. I was so excited when 1.6 was released last night but this was the first time I had ever experienced a problem. After wiping everything including the Dalvik Cache and installed 1.6, I reboot and get a blue screen and it appears to be in fastboot mode. I had tried flashing back to 1.3 and it works but 1.6 loads fastboot mode and nothing else happens. Any advice on why this is happening? Thanks a million!

matthewrknoll

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

Hello Leslie! This is my first post ever on Android Central's Forums but I am not new to Rooting, Flashing Custom Recoveries, or Flashing Custom ROMs. I admire your work and Im a big Harmonia fan! IHO is too buggy and overwhelming for my LG Optimus V. I prefer using Harmonia and have used 1.3, 1.3.1, and 1.5E and just like everyone else, I did experience the lost of 30 MB after installing 1.5E. I was so excited when 1.6 was released last night but this was the first time I had ever experienced a problem. After wiping everything including the Dalvik Cache and installed 1.6, I reboot and get a blue screen and it appears to be in fastboot mode. I had tried flashing back to 1.3 and it works but 1.6 loads fastboot mode and nothing else happens. Any advice on why this is happening? Thanks a million!

I'm in the same exact boat and decided to come on here to share. I get the same blue screen after flashing 1.6 with CMW recovery. Any ideas?

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
The only weirdity (that should be a word) I've found since flashing Harmonia 1.6, is when using Google Navigation, and pressing the volume keys, it brings up the Media Volume instead of the Navigation Volume. I've never seen it do that before. I restored Google Maps from a MyBackup backup that I made last night.

Not that I think Harmonia actually is responsible, but just looking for ideas. Maybe it's something that can happen after flashing a new ROM and restoring Maps from a backup.

EDIT; I've reinstalled Maps and no change. Navigation Volume doesn't exist.

Sent from my iPod touch

Last edited:

jsngonz

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for sharing Matt! For a sec, I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem! I have never seen this occur and I have been flashing ROMs since the good ol Windows Mobile days. I had tried flashing from CWM, from Xionia, from ROM Tools, and had also tried hard resetting, but still, no success. All other ROMs install without conflicts.

Last edited:

briguyy

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

The only weirdity (that should be a word) I've found since flashing Harmonia 1.6, is when using Google Navigation, and pressing the volume keys, it brings up the Media Volume instead of the Navigation Volume. I've never seen it do that before. I restored Google Maps from a MyBackup backup that I made last night.

Not that I think Harmonia actually is responsible, but just looking for ideas. Maybe it's something that can happen after flashing a new ROM and restoring Maps from a backup.

EDIT; I've reinstalled Maps and no change. Navigation Volume doesn't exist.

Sent from my iPod touch

I had this same thing on 1.3 and 1.5 as well

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I can't get 1.6 to flash. I put IHO recovery 4.0.1.4.3 on, then flashed 1.6 and I keep getting the darned blue screen of death. haha or in other words the fastboot blue screen.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't get 1.6 to flash. I put IHO recovery 4.0.1.4.3 on, then flashed 1.6 and I keep getting the darned blue screen of death. haha or in other words the fastboot blue screen.

Weird. I used IHO Recovery to flash 1.6 without issue. So that's not it I don't think.

Sent via VM670

jsngonz

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I had installed 1.6 on multiple recoveries and had experienced the same blue screen on all of them. It cant be the recovery.

dumpc

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

When i would click on the WIFI button or the Portable Wifi Hotspot button in Settings > Wireless Networks it would try to connect and then say "error" underneath instead of "connected"...This may only apply to the newer phones that have the black screen problem because i flashed the kernel that bigsupersquid linked to in the following link and it fixed the problem http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/113762-fix-black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html I used the xionia_kernel_014_anykernel_OptimusV_signed.zip found here [KERNEL] Xionia Kernel (v014 - v008, & v005) Ported to Optimus V (4/13/2011) - xda-developers

Edit- oh yeah i have to do the home and menu key swap fix also after flashing ( fix also found in this thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/113762-fix-black-screen-custom-recovery-custom-roms.html

BTW- The Harmonia ROM is the best i have found yet for the V and i just got it 4 days ago and have flashed them ALL ;) so good work!

I had no WIFI Followed Briguyy instructions Its now working. Thanks

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not entirely sure what it is. I can install Harmonia 1.3, 1.3.1, 1.5E, 2.0b1 all perfectly fine, as well as backside and bumblebee.

It's just strange...maybe the download file got corrupted? I can always try again to download it although I've done it twice...

guapinoy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

LeslieAnn was the picasticks kernel not packaged with Harmonia 1.6? I came from IHO and the kernel didn't change. I flashed Harmonia 1.5 again then 1.6 to get the picasticks kernel.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

just wondering if anyone has tried the Reborn themes with Harmonia yet. i'm heavily considering going back to Harmonia from IHO just because my phone has never run so smooth on this ROM. i would really like to use the Reborn themes with power toggle and they supposedly work with all Froyo roms.

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vergoña69