[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I've done a factory reset and formatted all my partitions (except sdcard) and I am getting a black screen on boot.

I think you have a 2nd Gen OV which has a Hitachi display. The 1st Gen OVs have Novatek displays. If you revert to Nandroid backup, download Harmonia with Picasticks Remixed kernel that has the Novatek drivers, flash that in recovery, and reboot, should show the display.

Another warning: the Picasticks remixed kernel overclocks the CPU by default. If ur phone has random forced reboots you will have to change the CPU settings.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

almoser

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you have a 2nd Gen OV which has a Hitachi display. The 1st Gen OVs have Novatek displays. If you revert to Nandroid backup, download Harmonia with Picasticks Remixed kernel that has the Novatek drivers, flash that in recovery, and reboot, should show the display.

Another warning: the Picasticks remixed kernel overclocks the CPU by default. If ur phone has random forced reboots you will have to change the CPU settings.

I had to revert back to backside. I kept getting a ton of random reboots, even with installing setcpu and setting my CPU to 480/768. Any ideas what could cause it. My phone is stable on backside at 787

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I had to revert back to backside. I kept getting a ton of random reboots, even with installing setcpu and setting my CPU to 480/768. Any ideas what could cause it. My phone is stable on backside at 787

Man I had the same problem as you! Lol :D. I had random revolts, even at 748. The only way I could get it stable was to run it at stock 600 MHz.

I actually bought a used first Gen OV. It overclocks great! So I think u should get a first gen if u want 2 overclock.

TheKyro

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6.1c (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 21Sept11

same here random reboots at 748
when it was running perfectly on backside or harmonia 2.x or harmonia < 1.8

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site

What I'm finding bizarre after 3 days of using 1.8 is that I was getting significantly better battery life from 2.05, which I used for the week prior to this. I reset battery stats when I installed 2.05 because I replaced the stock battery with an Anker. It just seems odd since I had more going on with 2.05 vs 1.8.

Could be an app that updated or you added, or even one that doesn't work as well on Froyo.

Seems like I'm having better luck now. 8h19m working from home using GrooveIP, Wifi, and Bluetooth, about 80 minutes on the phone via GroovIP, and another 5 minutes over cellular connection, and I'm at 54%. Brightness at 25%, Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn/tumblr/Ubuntu One/Google all on auto sync.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
1.8 is Edify.
The last version with Amend was 1.4

Ok, I am confused. I believe in your second post, you say that the replacement parts are now in Edify? When I looked at the changelog, I saw Edify was in 1.5E, but I don't see it in 1.8

The reason that I am asking is because I am trying to find the black status bar. I checked a number of places, and no luck. Sorry if I am not understanding something.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I clearly said 1.8 is Edify in my response and that the last version of Amend was 1.4 (which was incorrect, 1.5 was the last).

1.5E marked a switch to Edify for all future versions.
I don't state Edify because I assumed people would expect all later versions to be Edify as well. Amend has been removed from newer recoveries and is an old programming system.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I think I see what you are seeing.
The statusbars are 1.3+, but I say 1.5e is Edify.

I reworked the 1.3+ statusbars to be Edify and didn't state it on the downloads, sop the 1.3+ statusbars will work on any newer recovery and on any Harmonia 1.3 and newer.

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I see what you are seeing.
The statusbars are 1.3+, but I say 1.5e is Edify.

I reworked the 1.3+ statusbars to be Edify and didn't state it on the downloads, sop the 1.3+ statusbars will work on any newer recovery and on any Harmonia 1.3 and newer.

Ok thank you where do I download or activate the black status bars? When I click on the status bar icons in your second post all I download is a jpg file. And I looked in the Settings menu for the Status bar tweaks, I could not find them.

If u could tell me how to get the black status bar, I would appreciate it. I tried on my own and I just dont know how to do it. Thank you for your help.

rkhanso

May 22, 2011
Visit site

Don't right-click and then save as....
Just left click on the bar and you'll go to a page to download the zip file of the bar you clicked on.
Install that zip in recovery and reboot. Good to go.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok thank you where do I download or activate the black status bars? When I click on the status bar icons in your second post all I download is a jpg file. And I looked in the Settings menu for the Status bar tweaks, I could not find them.

If u could tell me how to get the black status bar, I would appreciate it. I tried on my own and I just dont know how to do it. Thank you for your help.

You can't download them on tapatalk, try using a computer and it will work, or of you don't have one, open up this thread in your browser and the links will work.

Reactions: droidmyme

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
You can't download them on tapatalk, try using a computer and it will work, or of you don't have one, open up this thread in your browser and the links will work.

AHHH, ok TY man! I was clicking on the links in Tapatalk, but they work in the browser.

Now Im just wondering if VM is blocking access to Media Fire on my acct - so many failed downloads, I am paranoid

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non