[ROM] Reborn ROM v2.1 5/13/11

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the tweaks script has some typo's. I tried enabling stagefright, and rebooted but it was not enabled apron reboot. Here is a screen showing what I am talking about.
unledbx.jpg
[/URL]

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
open terminal emulator on phone, type su, Give the term SU permission, then type sh tweaks. The sh tweaks should be run from the phone, not from CMD through ADB on the PC
snap20110427_141155.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Takenover83

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
open terminal emulator on phone, type su, Give the term SU permission, then type sh tweaks. The sh tweaks should be run from the phone, not from CMD through ADB on the PC
Well that explains it. I think this will be the first thing I had problems with in adb but not in a terminal emulator. Thanks for setting me straight.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well that explains it. I think this will be the first thing I had problems with in adb but not in a terminal emulator. Thanks for setting me straight.

No problem. I'll strengthen the wording around that because i can see how it would be confusing.

EDIT - Check instructions in post #2 and let me know if that's better please and thanks.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
tweaks script
The changes are not being applied after hitting "q" for quit and typing "reboot" to apply the changes. Anyone else having this issue? I am running the tweaks command as su.

current status shows (option #1)
hardware acceleration = disabled
jit = enabled
stagefright player = disabled
heapsize = 32m

status (after next reboot)
hardware acceleration = enabled
jit = enabled
stagefright player = enabled
heapsize = 32m

I hit "q" to quit" and then type "reboot". After I am up and running, I go and check the status with "s", and it's as if I changed nothing. Could be something I am doing wrong or is anyone else having this problem?

ZipLipZ

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
You make it sound like that's not a normal thing. Gota test every free app out there. Every single free app!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

cyphin

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
permissions

Anytime I use a app freezer or system app remover ,it tells me I don't have rw permissions in the system folder. Anyone know how to fix this?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You make it sound like that's not a normal thing. Gota test every free app out there. Every single free app!

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Depends on the person, I know you were joking, but for some, they seem to try. It's not unusual for some to have over 100 apps (HOW?!, WHY?!). Personally, I run a rom with the patch, an anti-virus, and watch what I download. Over-protective? Probably, but if I lose my phone, I lose work.

Actually, I shouldn't worry so much, I'm 1000 times more likely to brick my phone or wear out the flash memory than get a virus with all that I do to the poor thing. :p

Last edited:

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!

Do you know if it has the malware patch?
If you're worried, you can flash the patch yourself.

Goto [Patch]Malware Exploit for all pre-Gingerbread phones - xda-developers

At the bottom of the first post, download the patch:
DroidDreamMalwarePatch_edify.zip (for clockwork recoveries)
DroidDreamMalwarePatch_pre-edify.zip (for non-clockwork recoveries)

Boot into recovery, and flash the zip.

EDIT:
Or you can apply the patch manually instead of downloading and flashing it.
run terminal emulator:
Code:
su
sysrw
touch /system/bin/profile
chmod 644 /system/bin/profile
sysro
close terminal emulator.
No reboot required.

Last edited:
Reactions: dnizzle91

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Anytime I use a app freezer or system app remover ,it tells me I don't have rw permissions in the system folder. Anyone know how to fix this?

yes ... you need to mount /system as r/w. As stated in the changelog, this ROM accepts sysrw and sysro commands. Open terminal emulator (provided with the ROM), type "su" [hit enter], grant it root permission, type "sysrw'" [hit enter]. Your system is now mounted as r/w.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
posted this in the OS thread so i figured id post it here:

I have found an issue which may be causing battery drain for some. Nick's working on stuff, I'm working on stuff ..... we're working on stuff. No ETA's (it's considered offensive to ask developers for ETA's BTW :p ) but the next update should fix battery drain for anyone thats having it and probably increase battery for those who aren't.

Nick's project is more ambitious right now than battery drain so fingers crossed we "do work"!

Reactions: cyphin

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I love this ROM so far and everything seems to be working. I did notice there is no HID support over blue-tooth this was the same with stock ROM but I was hoping it might be on this ROM. The reason is I like to play old games with Nesoid and SNesoid with a Wiimote. I had no problem doing this with the Gingerbread ROMs. It makes for a good head-turner when ur in line at the Bank or DMV playing FF3 on ur phone with a Wiimote. If this can be added that would be awesome and would make this my main ROM.

I started with Zefie's CM7 then switched to his S version which did work better but with odd lag spikes. Then I tried AospCMod, RodimusROM, and Bumblebee ROM all were nice but the 2.3.3 ROMs all drain the battery fast or maybe better put "can be draining" since it doesnt get real bad till u stack the apps on. Froyo on the other hand is rock solid stable for starters and its fast. There are alot of nice elements I miss from GB most I can get with an app on Froyo but only the Wiimote support is the deal breaker. So if it is at all possible could it plz be added.

Thanks for all the hard work put in and hope to see more.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress