Who else will be ditching their S5 for the iPhone 6 ?????

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll be switching back to iPhone. I switched from a iPhone 5S to a Galaxy S4, because of the bigger screen size, at first I was hooked on to Android, and I wouldn't switch back to iPhone, but now after a few months of using Android, I'm gettin frustrated with all the bugs, and system crashes.

Everything i do now with my Android, I can do with iOS 8 + With a third party keyboard.. So I got nothing to lose, but everything to gain!

Lots of comments are that iOS is locked up, and not Customizable. That's what makes it a better OS, and not crashable!!

Then there is Storage space. iPhone has a 64GB iPhone, most Android users don't buy a 64GB phone, cuz they can put in a SD card, but face it. They buy a 16GB Android, and put in a 32GB card... So they dont even get to 64GB. (if you put in a 64GB card, your phone will likely keep on crashing.)

And just say it. iOS 8, is way better in design then any android. Admit it. Even u customize it your own way.

This is just fanboy BS. My Galaxy might crash once every month or two. I honestly can't remember the last time it crashed on me. It works just fine with a 64GB card. No crashes. Most new Android phones can work fine with 128GB cards. Where's your 128 GB iPhone?

Admit that I customize Android my way? Of course I do. That's one of the big advantages of Android. We're not stuck with the design Steve Jobs copied from Palm a decade ago.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm moving back. My main method of communication is texting and Hangouts is just terrible. Worst app ever. Other than that the S5 has been good to me. It has tons of features for the tech savvy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Another iPhone user who just doesn't get it. If you don't like Hangouts, try handcent or one of the other dozen or more texting apps. Unlike Apple, Android makers don't force you to stick with built-in apps if you don't like them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is just fanboy BS. My Galaxy might crash once every month or two. I honestly can't remember the last time it crashed on me. It works just fine with a 64GB card. No crashes. Most new Android phones can work fine with 128GB cards. Where's your 128 GB iPhone?

Admit that I customize Android my way? Of course I do. That's one of the big advantages of Android. We're not stuck with the design Steve Jobs copied from Palm a decade ago.

My Note 3 has NEVER EVER crashed or even slowed down. Never ever, and it's nothing special. It's stock too, I have not molested it with rooting and ROMs. Touchwiz seems fine to me. Weird.

The Note III

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Doesn't even have to be new phones. The note 3 works with the 128 GB micro SD card. :)

Posted from my S5

Last edited:

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I will not even consider to jump on the iPhone train.

I think windows phone has more appeal, if, I wanted to jump ship.
But I really love my Galaxy S5 so, no jumping ship for me.

Anyway, good luck to those of you jumping on the iwagon.

mklasse

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Not me. No iOS for phone for me.
Don't get me wrong, I am multi-OS users, and i am using iPad for my tablet, but i think iOS is not really flexible for phone OS.
(no bluetooth file sharing capabilities except between iOS devices only via airdrop, everything I want to put into my phone I have to get it through iTunes, etc)
Tablet is fine since I'm only using it for surfing the web, watch youtube, or play some games. I am using my phone for much more than that.

navymoms

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Can I ask a question? I'm a complete newbie tithe Android world. What's the different between the Note 3 and S5 other than the obvious size and the fact one has a pen. Aren't both Samsung running Touchwiz?

I am a newbie, too and am very happy with the GS5. Both GS5 and Note III have Touchwiz. Get the Nova launcher and replace Touchwiz. It is much better. I customized my homescreen, added custom icon packs and the screen looks great.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
If you're a true android fan I'm not sure why you would switch (as opposed to keeping both). ...unless financial constraints. If the iP6 is really nice I'd be willing to consider adding one to the miix.

The Note III

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're a true android fan I'm not sure why you would switch (as opposed to keeping both). ...unless financial constraints. If the iP6 is really nice I'd be willing to consider adding one to the miix.

The Note III

I might do the same. I might get one to join my S5. I like to have both OS' on my devices.

Posted from my S5

Last edited:

aatif.bilal

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Never I love My Samsung GALAXY S5 :D, you people have to admit that GALAXY S5 is Powerful than Any Apple Phone so called iPhone5, 5s or 6 . in term of UI, SW, HW, Camera , Functions, sensors, and Disply . Apple cant beat Samsung :)

But in my view people who are iPhone user will only love IPhone than any Android Phone. and the People who are using Samsung GALAXY S3,4,5, will only love GALAXY Devices

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I have thought about it because I love Apple's ecosystem, but I also love my Note 3. Might stick with the Note 4. :D I'll just use my husband's iPhone 6 when I feel like I miss the iPhone. LOL

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I love the iPhones, I love Apple stuff. In my opinion their stuff works flawlessly. The Note is awesome, but there are quirks. Things that bugs me. This is my first Android by the way. Some things I wish Apple has that are of Samsung's and vice versa. I undestand they can't do everything. LOL.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I love the iPhones, I love Apple stuff. In my opinion their stuff works flawlessly. The Note is awesome, but there are quirks. Things that bugs me. This is my first Android by the way. Some things I wish Apple has that are of Samsung's and vice versa. I undestand they can't do everything. LOL.

That's why Samsung and Apple need to collaborate and make the igalaxy for people like us!

Posted from my S5

Resendetra

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the S5 Active and I absolutely love it. Apple is okay, but I've always been a bigger fan of Android, so I'm going to stick with the phone I have.

navymoms

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I switched from iPhone 5 to the GS5 mostly for the larger screen and it is gorgeous! I also use Nova Prime and don't know how I survived all these years without SwiftKey keyboard. Factor in the SD card, removable battery and ability to configure my phone to my taste are why I cannot ever see going back to the rigid world of iOS.

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
...don't know how I survived all these years without SwiftKey keyboard.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the S5's voice recognition, which requires no training and is so accurate it's almost spooky. It doesn't like much background noise though, and that's the only time you need a keyboard. I find myself wondering if it's running on a supercomputer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress