Flipboard acting funny

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It opens fine, and I can flip through things just fine, but often times when I select an article to view it full screen, it tries to open the article, but nothing is displayed. When I go in to talk manager, it shows the app in red and shows it is using like 25% of system resources. I stop the app and relaunch it. Sometimes it behaves fine for a while, but it'll be back to its old tricks soon.

Any ideas what to do? I've used Flipboard on my Android phones for a while without issues

Posted via Android Central App

takpro

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem on my Nexus 7. Started about the time Kit Kat came out with Android's own newsstand. Hope that's not the problem.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem on my Nexus 7. Started about the time Kit Kat came out with Android's own newsstand. Hope that's not the problem.

Seems like every time I turn around, there's another update with bug fixes, but the problem was still there. I found these was one of the subscriptions I added that was the culprit, so I removed the subscription, and haven't noticed any issues. Could be coincidence, but so far so good

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nah, it's the app... I've had similar issues with the Note 3 and this tablet. Try opening the app, clicking on the first story you see WHILE it's trying to fetch new stories; that's almost a sure way to make it crash. And the widget sometimes updates, sometimes it doesn't (even though it's set to refresh every hour). MIGHT have something to do with the MyMagazine integration with the OS since it's powered by FlipBoard, but I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa