64 GB micro sd card?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you have installed the most recent update, mounting a 64GB micro sdxc card should be no issue. I have one each in both my Note 10.1 and GS3.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

Mohamed Hasna

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
The link you provided does not work.
I formatted my SDXC card using SD formatter 3.1 app into exFat successfully but this even did not solve my problem.
Whenever I try to mount my SD card in my 10.1, I get "SD card safe to remove" message.
Moreover, I tried to search for an update to my 10.1 but I am getting no updates available.
I am really stuck here!
Please help!

Mohamed Hasna

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I formatted my SDXC card using SD formatter 3.1 app into exFat successfully but this even did not solve my problem.
Whenever I try to mount my SD card in my 10.1, I get "SD card safe to remove" message.
Moreover, I tried to search for an update to my 10.1 but I am getting no updates available.
I am really stuck here!
Please help!

Asif Ayub

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi lorenn,
I am not getting much luck in formatting my 64 gb micro sd card for Samsung tablet 10.1, as the tablet picks up the card but does not see the storage, perhaps you can put in detail instruction on how to format please. Thanks

Poitings

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a 16gb note 10.1
I want to order a 64 gig card but I don't know how to differentiate the types. There is a type 4 and type 10 right? Are there any other differences and how do I make sure I get a type 10 card?

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
it supports 64GB. if the card is formated to fat32. It quite possibly read as only a 32gb card. (this was what some of the xda guys were seing). Once we get jelly bean, you can get a 64GB SDXC card are format it to ex-fat. which is lets you chose file sizes greater than 4GB

speeedy82

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone.
First, Im quit new around here and would like to introduce myself. Im from a small country un the middle of Europe and Im desperately tryingas to get to work my note10.1 with an 64gb card.

So strait to my problem. I have bought several Android devices for me and my girlfriend for Xmas. To be exact 2x galaxy note 10.1 16gb wifi and a galaxy note 2 and 3 64GB kingston cards. My problem is that I cant get one of the note 10.1 to recognize the card as 64gb. I have formated the cards with different tools with no succes. I put the card in my Note2 and it recognize it without any problem, I can format it and do whatever I want. The same with the white note 10.1. But the grey one still gives me the "you can safely remove your card" message. It recognize only cards formated to 27g or less.

I have no updates availabe at the moment on the notes.

Can anybody help me with this problem?
thank you for any kind of advice.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It has been a a while but I think there was an update that was pushed out that would allow the use of a 64GB micro sdxc card.

speeedy82

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi JCP007 and thank you for your answer.

Yes, I went through this thread and I saw that an update was mentioned, but is there any way how to obtain that update? My device can not see any updates in the softwear update section.

Or should the Jelly Bean solve this problem once it will be available for us?

Thanks a lot

Loren

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi JCP007 and thank you for your answer.

Yes, I went through this thread and I saw that an update was mentioned, but is there any way how to obtain that update? My device can not see any updates in the softwear update section.

Or should the Jelly Bean solve this problem once it will be available for us?

Thanks a lot
Jelly Bean will likely solve it.
I got the update a day before they took it down - but there are lots of ways to format the 64 GB.
I did it before the update with my old Samsung Captivate (running ICS). Also Windows 7 can format to exFat will also work.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks, just didn't want to end up stuck with a card I can't use. Guess i'll start looking for a deal on a 64gb card

Try looking on Amazon. That's where I got my 64GB micro sdxc Class 10 card by Sandisk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa