Home screen Wallpaper duller than lock screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey guys,

Having an issue with my Galaxy Note 10 (Smaller Version) where the same wallpaper is more vibrant and colourful on the lock screen, and as I unlock it the same wallpaper on the home screen gets muted in colour and more dull.

This is quite odd and I've never experienced it before neither can I fix it with any display settings (ie. Natural > Vibrant). Also, blue light filter is switched off, so is adaptive brightness. Any ideas? Hardware or Software issue? It's currently on Android 10 and I've noticed a few bugs here and there as well.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

Having an issue with my Galaxy Note 10 (Smaller Version) where the same wallpaper is more vibrant and colourful on the lock screen, and as I unlock it the same wallpaper on the home screen gets muted in colour and more dull.

This is quite odd and I've never experienced it before neither can I fix it with any display settings (ie. Natural > Vibrant). Also, blue light filter is switched off, so is adaptive brightness. Any ideas? Hardware or Software issue? It's currently on Android 10 and I've noticed a few bugs here and there as well.

Do you use face unlock? If so, is the brigthen screen turned on?

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

If you're using One UI 2.0 Android 10 and have dark mode turned on, it also turns down the brightness of the home screen to save on battery as well.

FooBo

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
OP here.

I've done research and yes having dark mode on with "Apply to Wallpaper" will also darken the wallpaper. However that isn't my issue, it doesn't darken the home screen wallpaper it just dulls and mutes the colours compared to the same paper on the lockscreen. Tried replicating on a friend's Note 10+ and is the same issue. Also noticed it only happens to some wallpapers with more colourful palletes. Perhaps a software thing?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OP here.

I've done research and yes having dark mode on with "Apply to Wallpaper" will also darken the wallpaper. However that isn't my issue, it doesn't darken the home screen wallpaper it just dulls and mutes the colours compared to the same paper on the lockscreen. Tried replicating on a friend's Note 10+ and is the same issue. Also noticed it only happens to some wallpapers with more colourful palletes. Perhaps a software thing?
Hi,welcome!
Have you tried stock wallpaper if same issue? Possible could be the wallpaper your using

FooBo

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi,welcome!
Have you tried stock wallpaper if same issue? Possible could be the wallpaper your using

Thanks!! Stock wallpapers are fine.. I suppose it's only with certain walloapers.. Very odd and also annoying, mutes colours quite a bit starts looking like a low quality display :(

Guess nothing can be done, appreciate the input guys.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks!! Stock wallpapers are fine.. I suppose it's only with certain walloapers.. Very odd and also annoying, mutes colours quite a bit starts looking like a low quality display :(

Guess nothing can be done, appreciate the input guys.
Your welcome !
Zedge is a good place for wallpapers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress