I already got scratches on my screen!!

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had my OG EVO for 2 years and my EVO LTE for 5 months (without using any screen protectors or flip cover cases) and I never had any scratches on the screen with any of them. I always keep my phone by itself in my right front pant pockets, while my keys, coins, and other things go in the other pockets.

Now with my Note II, which I've only had for 3 days now, already has several scratches in the middle of the screen!! And they all happened today. :( Here's a pic of it now...
8149750728_5e462b8abc_b.jpg

After doing some investigating, I realized the scratches were being caused by these metal button looking things around my jean pockets. The screen rubs against them when I pull out the phone.
8149750876_ed34f9623b_b.jpg

I can see why these jeans (which I've had for years now) would scratch this phone and not my other phones because the Note II is a tighter fit in the pockets, and so when I pull it out, the screen rubs against them pretty hard.

It's killing me now because I notice the scratches every single time I look at the screen (on or off). It's less obvious when the screen is on, but it's still noticeable since it's right in the middle of the screen. *sigh*

Anyways, just thought I'd warn you guys who don't use any screen protections and have similar pockets.

Time for me to buy a flip cover case before my jeans do any more damage...

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
The screen looks matte to me. Is there a protector on it? Those buttons wouldn't cause that damage

Astom22

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to see that, had the same thing happen on my iPhone 4S early on, learned to palm the screen and slide it in my pocket screen out. I don't know how, but like you, those are the only thing that could have caused the scratches on my phone too.

Ezduzit

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A invisibleshield will cover that up and you want notice it, that's what I did when I scratched my rezound.

Sent from my busa!

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear thay mate.... maybe with a matte screen protector it will cover it up.... if ur like me even with a screen guard on it won't do much cause you'll know the scratch is there....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

desisangel

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing since you had a EVO, you would be on Sprint. Does Sprint not allow you to exchange your phone within 14 days and pay a restocking fee? Not a totally honest thing to do but maybe ask for another color and add a screen protector or flip case to go with it.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing since you had a EVO, you would be on Sprint. Does Sprint not allow you to exchange your phone within 14 days and pay a restocking fee? Not a totally honest thing to do but maybe ask for another color and add a screen protector or flip case to go with it.

I actually thought about it :), but like you said, it's not a really honest thing to do. But I am hoping to encounter some hardware/software defects that cannot be fixed with a hard reset. :p

I don't really like using screen protectors because they're more prone to scratches and smudges than the glass itself, but maybe I need all those extra scratches and smudges so the scratches on the glass won't stand out as much.

RogerRockit

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Tough situation, thanks for the warning. I had to preorder my Note II, don't expect it for another week, but I already have the screen protectors and a cover. If I'm going to be stuck with a phone for the better part of 2 years, I do everything possible to protect it. The screen protectors DO scratch easier, but are far easier/cheaper to replace. Best of luck!

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I put my phone in the same way, OP. I used to have it other way around, but then that would scratch the giant camera tumor on this thing :p

Sent from my HTC One X

Steverl22

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
That does suck man....just picked up a nice case from amazon for a few bucks. I'm going to go to the mall and have a screen protector put on for me, I could do it myself but I want a pro to take care of my baby. Still have 6 more days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351981193.194223.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1351981193.194223.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 636

jaymars

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to go to the mall and have a screen protector put on for me, I could do it myself but I want a pro to take care of my baby.

I am absolutely terrible at putting those on and would pay someone to do a "pro" job. What store do you take it to? A provider store? Cuz mine will be the unlocked N7100.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
First off, use your left pocket without the little change pocket with the rivets on it. An idea anyway.

Second, a screen protector will likely cover that right up.

I suck at putting on screen protectors too so I just know that going in and get a whole pack. I got six and got lucky on the second try in getting it located right without dust under it, so just get a pack of them.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
On another forum I'm on, most of us went with SGP screen protectors. This is the first time I ever put one on correctly in the first try.

The trick is to place the protector on the screen to see where it should line up. Once you've gotten a visual you'll know where to start one you begin to install.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I just put on the ArmorShield full body protection. Basically screen protector for the front, back cover, and 4 small strips with cutouts that go all around the side. Took me a few tries to get the screen protector lined up right...they send you a spray that lubes it and makes it easy to move, and helps get any dust etc out. Was my error's not the product that took me some tries to get it lined up right. Per reviews (various places), any blemishes disappear after 24 hours or so, but its already looking good. I still plan on getting a TPU case (waiting for delivery) but this protects everything from casual scratches.

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Note II Screen Protector Shield + Full Body Skin Protector & Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I do have a question, I am currently waiting for my ATT version that comes out on Friday. I am wanting to put a screen protector on it, but I am curious as if I would have any conflicts with the S-Pen and the pressure sensitive features? If any of you have a screen protector on yours can you let me know how its working for you thanks ahead of time.

lingo622

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I picked up the Samsung screen protector from Sprint and it's working great so far. I usually hate screen protectors but I used the matte finish one and don't seem too bothered by what it does to the screen.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2