Note 21 Ultra?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Man I love my Fold... In no rush to replace it... And please no under screen camera let's improve on it towards Ultra level... They are hinting at no Note this year but not eliminating it.. We shall see when the time comes... But I won't leave my Fold for a Note.. That's me! Choices are good...
I am not leaving my fold for a note either. If I had to leave the fold then I would want a note. At the price point the fold is at I will have to have a good reason to upgrade to the fold 3, they are too expensive for minor upgrades. Built in Spen is a must and a 512 version or a 256 with a SD card slot.

Under screen camera, we'll have to disagree on that one, . I would love not to see the hole, I don't use the front camera.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Fold is a phone for phone freaks, Android phone freaks at that. I'm one too but it does nothing I need nor want. I use my phone primarily as a pocket computer.

I would prefer a big, flat screen that is lightweight and has the speed and memory to store a lot of big spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations with big embedded 1080p videos.

Plastic would make it lighter. I hate the glass back. The sPen has a lot of convenient functions. A more conventional 16/9 ratio screen would also be great. The last thing I need is a folding phone.

Fast, latest processor, bright screen 120hz, flat 16/9 screen and a big battery. THAT'S a practical work pocket computer. I don't even care if it HAS a phone. I prefer email anyway.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Fold is a phone for phone freaks, Android phone freaks at that. I'm one too but it does nothing I need nor want. I use my phone primarily as a pocket computer.

I would prefer a big, flat screen that is lightweight and has the speed and memory to store a lot of big spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations with big embedded 1080p videos.

Plastic would make it lighter. I hate the glass back. The sPen has a lot of convenient functions. A more conventional 16/9 ratio screen would also be great. The last thing I need is a folding phone.

Fast, latest processor, bright screen 120hz, flat 16/9 screen and a big battery. THAT'S a practical work pocket computer. I don't even care if it HAS a phone. I prefer email anyway.
What I kind of find humorous, the same things were said about the note when it was starting out.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Why? My Note 3 WAS flat, had a 16/9 screen and a plastic back. It was very practical. The only complaints were the sPen which I like because it allows conversion of pictures of text into actual text. Great to highlight passages. Much easier than with my finger.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
He could make up for it with a flat screen, wider aspect ratio, reinstatement of micro SD card support and the headphone jack, add a high quality DAC like the LG phones, put in 6,000 mAh battery, just make the phone a bit thicker. Thinness is not everything. Fold phones are plenty thick and heavy. Oh, port over the remaining s21 Ultra features, including the upgraded fingerprint sensor. I'd buy that phone in a heartbeat.
He could, but he won't.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why? My Note 3 WAS flat, had a 16/9 screen and a plastic back. It was very practical. The only complaints were the sPen which I like because it allows conversion of pictures of text into actual text. Great to highlight passages. Much easier than with my finger.
When the note came out, similar things were said, price to high, not practical, who needs a Spen, and other things. I was just trying to point out that the note was criticized in the beginning also, just like you're criticizing the fold. The note took off, and I think the fold will also, at least folding phones.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I won't get the fold yet as it's still weak and basically in beta mode, fold 3 won't do it either, the fold probably gonna take along while before it's strong and solid, i played with it and the S Series and the Note Series is a solid and very strong phone, so fold at the moment is out of the question, Once it's as solid as a Note or like the S Series, then maybe it will start selling more, atm fold ain't gonna make money like the S Series and Note Series.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't agree. It was immediately adopted as the first business phone since the Blackberry.
Well, that's why there are several phones to choose from. I'm just saying people were saying similar things about the note when it released as it was new, big, expensive for the time, some as yourself liked it. The same is going on with the fold now IMO.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
But it's a DIFFERENT group. It's the same folks who liked the curved edges. The cutting edge crowd. Mark my words. The flippers won't last as long as the Note because they serve no particular purpose other than being the latest thing.

Now there is no business phone.

Maybe when they are soft enough to fold any way you want to put them in your pocket but even then I prefer a hard surface. The foldable phones are tablets that are too small.

FACTagent

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, not expecting Samsung to listen to the most loyal Note customers. There may not be enough of us. It seems like their designs are not geared to the function over fashion crowd, but, if anything the reverse or they're trying to maintain a balance, but fashion ultimately constrains the design. But that's what is working for them, so it's not likely to change.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung never said they are dropping the Spen, they never said they are dropping the note, in fact they said they are continuing supporting the Spen. Dropping the note is pure speculation on the forums.

Change is good, sometimes we don't see it. Samsung pushes the envelope on changes, usually the leader in that area. They pushed it with the note and they are pushing it with folding phones. Obviously folding phones are making headway as they are continuing with it and other manufacturers are coming out with them also. Folding phones might not suit your needs or wants, but it will others. I personally find it a blessing. I can one hand use the phone on the front screen, when I want a bigger screen all I have to do is open it up, fold it up for smaller footprint fits better on pocket. If they introduce the built in Spen, that will dramatically improve the folding phone, and guess what, the fold opened up gives you that flat screen. Imagine if there was never any change, we would still be using the nokia candy bar phone, Motorola start tac. I don't think samsung is going to leave the note users out to hang. There will be another note or rebranded under the S series.

Last edited:

fanisk

Nov 1, 2019
Visit site
I agree that it's unlikely after these comments but DJ Koh never actually said there wouldn't be one, but rather a challenge. That second article doesn't quote him like the other articles I've read.

This should help folks out in deciding what to do later this year rather than wait for something to never appear.

I don't think it's a challenge and in another article they also implied it wasn't because of the semiconductor shortage. I think it's simply them testing the waters on how their other "super premium" phones will fare without a Note taking some of those sales. I think it's clear where their focus has been and it hasn't been on the Note.

Totally agreed with your comments, they want to see the sales volumes of the S21 Ultra and new foldable and then decide if they need to build a new Note.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
This is what I've seen so maybe we'll see a New Note sometime in the near future.

Time will tell.

For now I'm either going to stick with using my N20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon I imported to the UK or buy a s20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon I'll import again.

Why as my N20 Ultra 5G is working you may ask ? Because in the wise words that Flossy used “ I'm a phone guy , so you gotta pay to play ”

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210318-055357_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210318-055357_YouTube.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 33

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, Flossy says on his S21 Ultra review that the Note 20 is still Samsung's goat and if you have the Note 20 Ultra do not upgrade.

You NEVER hear him say that when he reviews the new S line.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, Flossy says on his S21 Ultra review that the Note 20 is still Samsung's goat and if you have the Note 20 Ultra do not upgrade.

You NEVER hear him say that when he reviews the new S line.
I agree with flossy. I think it's a step down going to the S21 from the note 20. I don't think the S21 is a bad phone, just not worthy the upgrade from note 20.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This is what I've seen so maybe we'll see a New Note sometime in the near future.

Time will tell.

For now I'm either going to stick with using my N20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon I imported to the UK or buy a s20 Ultra 5G Snapdragon I'll import again.

Why as my N20 Ultra 5G is working you may ask ? Because in the wise words that Flossy used “ I'm a phone guy , so you gotta pay to play ”
He says that about the fold 2 also and he's 100% correct with that phone with that price point. You have to pay to play with new technology.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Change is good, sometimes we don't see it. Samsung pushes the envelope on changes, usually the leader in that area. .

their original claim to fame was pushing the envelope in many great areas, including size, removable batteries and SD cards. Sometimes, they seem more interested in imitating Apple now.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
their original claim to fame was pushing the envelope in many great areas, including size, removable batteries and SD cards. Sometimes, they seem more interested in imitating Apple now.
I agree with all that. Everything they usually have done has pushed the envelope and now seems they want to be like apple in certain areas. I've never thought about looking past Samsung till recently, so that tells me Samsung is heading in the wrong direction for a lot of people. Not everyone is willing to lose things and make it sound reasonable why they did it.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Same.. I never thought about moving on from Samsung until recently and I am still weighing what the options will be. Indeed they aren't pushing envelopes and their strategy seems to be all over the place. Mimicking Apple is the worse areas is another negative. Also - it seems like they are constantly getting rid of things even in the phone.. Got rid of a lot of Samsung Pay incentives, got rid of their cloud service, got rid of feature after feature in Samsung Health. I feel like every few weeks I get a notification that another feature is going to be canceled. I don't feel like they are focused on their smart phones themselves as they are focused on introducing more ways to fold your phone.