Note 3: Docking Problems

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
1) I just received the Samsung desk dock for the galaxy note 3 (no USB3.0 cable is supplied I might add). When I connect it to my computer using a USB3.0 cable it doesn't do anything except charge the phone. If I plug the cable directly into the phone it shows up as a drive on the pc.

How come the dock is not allowing the connection to the pc to register the Note 3 as a drive?

2) when I dock the phone in the desk dock the phone thinks it is in a car dock and starts my iBolt Dock and Drive app, turning off WiFi and turning on bluetooth. My old Note 1 could differentiate between the desk dock and the car dock.

How do I get the Note 3 to go into desk dock mode and not car dock mode?

3) When I receive a call on the Note 3 when it is in landscape mode in the car dock, it does not display the caller id and picture. How can I get it to display caller id properly like the Note 1 used to?

I have posted these questions to Samsung support and will report back here.

Last edited by a moderator:

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Docking Problems

There is definitely a bug in Samsung's phone.apk firmware that doesn't allow you to do caller display in landscape mode. Let's hope it gets fixed soon.

Also, iBolt tell me Samsung have removed car dock mode for some reason, so the phone doesn't "know" if its in a card dock or a desk dock. How stupid is that? iBolt has to use desk dock mode.

Still waiting for Samsung response.

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site

Hi Dakeb, I'm with iBOLT... You have indeed stumbled upon a Samsung firmware issue. Yesterday we filed this video report with Samsung (unlisted YouTube) and as you can see the issue has nothing to do with iBOLT, it's a simple bug that we hope will be fixed with the next upgrade. Also, you are correct in that Samsung have removed the car-dock mode and instead "merged" the desktop mode into one, calling it "DockMode". It works perfectly fine in the real world unless you also want to have a home dock like you are describing and then prefer a different App then our Dock'n Drive. Thanks!
Samsung Note 3 screen issue - YouTube

dakeb

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Hi Mikael,

Yes I have had some email exchanges with Martin at iBolt about this he is the one who explained the issue to me.

I'm going to set dockmode to iBolt, and just end iBolt when I use the desk dock. of course this means I temporarily fire up Bluetooth and shut down Wi-Fi which is not ideal.

I have emailed Samsung about these issues but no reply yet.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Dav448

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I am having a separate issue but still could be related.

When I connect the Note 3 to the iBolt Car Dock, the phone toggles between wanting to dock to not. The screen rotates from portrait to landscape view, then back to portrait. It toggles back and forth and never opens in any environment. When I disconnect the power, the phone returns to normal.

I just received a Samsung Desktop dock. When I mount the phone to the dock, when the dock is connect to the pc, the pc attempts to download the drivers but then locks up and stops the download.

Does any this behavior sound familiar?

Dave

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress