Wifi is "saved, secured" but won't connect no matter what

Sleeper120

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
2/26/16 - I have an LG phone which did an update this morning, then wouldn't connect to my Wi-Fi, but said "Saved, Secured". I tried all the tips from all of the sites including factory reset and the like. I rebooted the modem and the router, made sure all of the drivers and firmware were up to date. Finally discovered that the MAC address had changed after the update. If you're having this problem, check to see if your router is using MAC address filtering, then check if Your MAC address is still the same/listed. I hope this helps someone.

FrankyBKK

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

to all the people who are getting frustrated about the "saved, secured" but still not connecting problem.

Here is the solution for your problem:

I realized that it have to do with the cache of the connection data on the android phone.

Here is a way to reset the WiFi connection data (on your android phone) to your router and after it the phone will connect.

I tried it now with two different trouble phones, both reacted in the same way.

I recreating the problem just to see if it is a one time lucky strike or not. And it worked again. It is solid solution!

- - - - - - -

1) Go to your router and ENABLE hidden SSID

2) Save this setting and restart your router

3) Scan on your android phone the WiFi area

4) The network that you want to connect will be "not in range". Click on

"FORGET NETWORK"

Now all data about this network are cleared. Your android cleared finally the cache data of this network.

4) Disable on your router the hidden SSID and save this setting and restart the router

5) On your phone --- scan the WiFi area and connect

Your android phone will now connect!

- - - - - -

To the makers of the android operating system. Please include in the next updates of your OP a WiFi network data flush option!!! Thank you!

sneha_h

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Faced the same exact issue
fixed with
- turn airplane mode on
- turn wifi on
- turn airplane mode off
I can connect to wifi now !!

Fredo2016

May 1, 2016
Visit site
That works... for one day.

I had it with my Galaxy S6 and now also with my new Galaxy A5 (2016). Once on 4G it does not automatically reconnect to home WIFI or otther saved networks. Neither to saved hotspots either (like hotspots with saved credentials). Manually connecting to saved spots only works after several attemps. I changed my S6 tot the A5 just for this bug but now I'm still stuck with it... I consider changing to another flagship phone now.

Fredo

thebmb

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem after the power to my Comcast router was interrupted. When that has happened before everything reconnected without a problem. For some reason, not this time. I traced it to a router setting that somehow changed. In the router software webpage (10.0.0.1 on my PC and I think the default) it is under Gateway>Connection>WiFi. MAC Address Filtering (MAC Filtering Mode) was turned on (Allow). I turned it off (Deny). Some of my devices automatically reconnected, others required me to reenter the wifi password. Hope this helps.

Mido Pop

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I have a number of WiFi connections saved in my phone (including two different ones in my house) and sometimes even my own WiFi won't connect. I can see it fine and the status will change to "saved, secured" but it wont actually connect no matter how many times I click on it. This doesn't just happen with my WiFi, sometimes it will happen at work as well and since I'm the firewall admin I know there hasn't been a change to the AP settings. In fact I know there hasn't been a change to any of these devices and what's really strange is that without any changes it will start working again at some point. This happened with both my S4 and my Note 3 but never happened with my S3 (all the same WiFi networks). My buddy has iPhone 4 on the same networks at the same time and never has an issue.
Anyone else having this problem?

I've seen this with:
Fortigate AP's
Sonicwall AP's
Comcast home routers
Frontier home routers

I had the same problem and starting Wi-Fi hotspot tethering solved it for me

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy M

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue going on with a Galaxy S5 at my office only. It will show the office ssid as saved secured but does not connect. It's a hidden SSID of the type 802.1x with PEAP. I have found that if I make the phone forget the SSID and re-add it. It will work all day long. But the next morning it's the same issue. While at work I have done things like connect to another SSID then reconnect to the problem one with no issues. I have put the phone in airplane mode and then come back out and it will reconnect. I have power cycled and it reconnects. But 100% of the time when I come in the next day it will no longer connect unless I forget the connection and recreate it. This is extremely frustrating, since with the type of connection it is I have to put in a user id and password every time I re-create the connection.

On my Wileyfix Storm I fixed this problem by simply going to Settings --> Apps. then perform Reset Apps Preferences. No need to perform factory reset, saves a lot of time and trouble

jm4182

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Ok, I had this problem too but I figured out what to do. Go to Wifi setting then advance. Then set the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Only when plugged in. That's how I got connected to my wifi. Before I tried almost every thing, the WPS button and forget the wifi and reconnect, it didn't work.

Aggie Meerwald

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
I had similar problem in that my phone was transferrring pics via wifi to laptop when the wifi on my phone stopped working though it said it was connected. Laptop was still fine. Tried turning phone off but made no diff. .....Finally looked around other networks and found that the password had disappeared on my connection. Typed it in and it worked again!!!! Nearly opted for reset!!

I have a number of WiFi connections saved in my phone (including two different ones in my house) and sometimes even my own WiFi won't connect. I can see it fine and the status will change to "saved, secured" but it wont actually connect no matter how many times I click on it. This doesn't just happen with my WiFi, sometimes it will happen at work as well and since I'm the firewall admin I know there hasn't been a change to the AP settings. In fact I know there hasn't been a change to any of these devices and what's really strange is that without any changes it will start working again at some point. This happened with both my S4 and my Note 3 but never happened with my S3 (all the same WiFi networks). My buddy has iPhone 4 on the same networks at the same time and never has an issue.
Anyone else having this problem?

I've seen this with:
Fortigate AP's
Sonicwall AP'slo
Comcast home routers
Frontier home routers

tanya andrade

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Well! I thought so too. I have never laid my hands on anything other than Apple products so far. I have two MacBook Air 11”, one PowerBook G4 Titanium, One iPad Mini WiFi only, one iPad mini Retina WiFi + Cellular, one iMac, Two iPhones 5s all connected to a Home Network using a Prolink WiFi Router Modem and an Apple Airport Extreme.

I did try trust using a Windows PC years ago but it was confusing me more than helped.
Two days ago I walked into Mobile phone Service Providers’ shop. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Ace Nxt2 on an intuition. Brought it home and trying to set it up I found things were quite different to setting up an Apple device.

This was no Plug & Play. After sometime I finally came to setting up the WiFi. At first no matter what I did, it was not getting connected thought it said Saved and Secured. I spent hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. After two long days I found out how to get connected and that was so easy. My patience paid off.

Here’s how to all those who are struggling.
1. Go to Settings tap on WiFi. See that its ON
2. Tap on the your Network that says Saved & Secured
3. There two options under Password
1. Show password
2. Show advanced options
3. Click on Show advanced options
4. Set the following:
5. Proxy: None
6. IP Settings: DHCP change to Static
7. (Give your devices’ IP address on your Network
8. For e.g. : 192.168.1.110
9. Gateway: Your Router IP address e.g. 192.168.1.1
10. Network prefix length 24 (let it be)
11. DNS1: 192.168.1.1 Same as your router IP address
12. DNS2: Will be the IP address given by Service Provider
13. Put in your Password and click: Done
14. Now go to your browser and Bingo you are connected
15. Your Network will now only say: Secured
If it does not work let me know what you did and I may be able to help.

Rajpriya

I have a Lenovo k4 note vibe. Just purchased. The wifi used to work initially but suddenly it stopped and wouldn't connect whatsoever. I tried all the things possible and even contacted the service provider but even he couldn't solve the issue. Also I have a friend who has the same phone and even his wifi doesn't connect to my home wifi. Both are phones connect to every other wifi but mine. What is the problem? My phone or the wifi. I'm worried . My phone is new and cannot be returned to Amazon now

Last edited by a moderator:

lagaras

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a Sony Xperia E4 and for the moment I have found a solution by turning off the feature about location service for Google and other apps, and changing the feature "WiFi always on" to only when online", hope it keeps working
Also set a static ip address as described above

Last edited: