Words Randomly Capitalized

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
When I text with either thumb typing on the keyboard or using the S-pen, I get randomly capitalized letters at the beginning of words. Any fixes?

It's the Note 3. Don't hate.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never had this issue.. I use SwiftKey. Maybe it's the keyboard you're using?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never had this issue.. I use SwiftKey. Maybe it's the keyboard you're using?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
I have the same issue and it happens to me from time to time. That's because if I used that word at the start of the sentence, it put caps on it and memorized it that way. It's stupid - but that's a SwiftKey issue. It should be smart enough to understand that it doesn't use caps if used after the first word, and it should show up two ways on top; one with and one without caps.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing either Samsung Keyboard behaves like SwiftKey in this regard, I haven't noticed this, or Auto capitalisation is on and the OP leaves more than one space beforehand. This would happen more easily with S-Pen.

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing either Samsung Keyboard behaves like SwiftKey in this regard, I haven't noticed this, or Auto capitalisation is on and the OP leaves more than one space beforehand. This would happen more easily with S-Pen.

Posted via Android Central App

I could understand this being the case if it were just when using the S-pen, but it happens often when I use the regular keyboard when thumb typing.

It's the Note 3. Don't hate.

webber88

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
Same here, it happens with default keyboard too. (Note 3)

Deleting the word entirely, and readding them without a capital does not solve the issue.

StormKatt

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
This is happening with stupid words like Frozen. I did not install the Disney capitalization program, so why can't I use the word Frozen or Target without it automatically capitalizing in the middle of the damn sentence? Even when I go in to correct the word, it does not give me the option to fix it. I have to do it one letter at a time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you see a word like Frozen come up in the suggested words, what happens if you long-press it? Does it give you an option to forget or delete it from the dictionary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds