Can't connect to home network anymore.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
My phone won't connect to my home network anymore.

It's able to connect to other networks, when I leave my home.

I tried restarting my phone, and resetting my network settings on my phone.

They didn't help.

Other devices are able to connect to my home network.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Try restarting the router

I called Samsung support.

We tried several trouble shooting steps, including wiping cache partitions.

That didn't work.

Finally they told me to call my ISP and tell them to "refresh my network".

I didn't do that, as it seemed that if other devices could connect to my network, the problem wasn't with the ISP.

I then tried restarting the router.

That worked. Thank you very much! Saved me from more anxiety, especially heading into a long weekend.

It seems like whenever there's a long weekend, I always have some kind of problem. There's been 2 long weekends in recent years where I had to deal with pop up viruses.

Another year where I had a microSD card, that seemed like it wasn't able to write more than a few GBs. After a lot of trouble shooting, I realized I bought a fake card.

This was looking like it was going to be another one of those times when I'd have to divert my attention into some unexpected problem. But thanks to you, it's fixed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

That didn't work.

I didn't do that, as it seemed that if other devices could connect to my network, the problem wasn't with the ISP.

That worked. Thank you very much! Saved me from more anxiety, especially heading into a long weekend.

It seems like whenever there's a long weekend, I always have some kind of problem. There's been 2 long weekends in recent years where I had to deal with pop up viruses.

Another year where I had a microSD card, that seemed like it wasn't able to write more than a few GBs. After a lot of trouble shooting, I realized I bought a fake card.

This was looking like it was going to be another one of those times when I'd have to divert my attention into some unexpected problem. But thanks to you, it's fixed.
You're welcome

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

That didn't work.

surprised samsung support did not have you do a router power cycle. but it was basically a network reset anyway.

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
surprised samsung support did not have you do a router power cycle. but it was basically a network reset anyway.

One thing they did suggest was changing my Wi Fi password.

I said NO. If the other devices didn't have a problem, I didn't want to deal with the aftermath of entering a new password on several devices.

Especially on something like a printer, where it's not as easy to use the on-screen keyboard.

Most of the other trouble shooting suggestions involved the phone itself.

Good question though, on why they didn't suggest it.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
One thing they did suggest was changing my Wi Fi password.

I said NO. If the other devices didn't have a problem, I didn't want to deal with the aftermath of entering a new password on several devices.

Especially on something like a printer, where it's not as easy to use the on-screen keyboard.

Most of the other trouble shooting suggestions involved the phone itself.

Good question though, on why they didn't suggest it.

you CANNOT count on what other devices are doing when troubleshooting for one device. sometimes the network connection may not connect to one device so the whole network must be reset all because of one device.

anytime you are having problems with a wifi device connecting, the first to do is a power cycle on your router and in some cases your modem too. that resets the network by finding everything. the samsung tech was on the right track but for whatever reason thought the isp/service provider had to do it,

nuraman00

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
you CANNOT count on what other devices are doing when troubleshooting for one device. sometimes the network connection may not connect to one device so the whole network must be reset all because of one device.

anytime you are having problems with a wifi device connecting, the first to do is a power cycle on your router and in some cases your modem too. that resets the network by finding everything. the samsung tech was on the right track but for whatever reason thought the isp/service provider had to do it,

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress