Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

Haha, misery loves company I guess. I'm going to give my local Best Buys a call this morning and see if anything has changed.

What's frustrating is that most stores don't seem to have a clue what's going on. Some told me they were sold out, others said there was a system malfunction in their ordering system.

God, what a cluster for you guys.

Since the BB website still can't preorder the VZW one, but you can for the other two, I dunno? If you're ordering a VZW, wait til the website starts taking preorders before trying the stores again? And if the stores can't order the AT&T/Sprint ones, use the website?

Either way it sounds like a damn disaster!

Yea I keep checking the website every hour haha... i do agree with you Steve about the verizon one never being available on the website from the start... i thought i was the only one that noticed that... that is the only thing that is keeping me hopeful right now about still being able to do this through best buy... what sucks is, i work monday-friday 12 noon to 10 pm every single day so im pretty much limited to the weekend for getting to the BB store... I am just praying this works out for us somehow... keep each other posted UCS..

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Yea I keep checking the website every hour haha... i do agree with you Steve about the verizon one never being available on the website from the start... i thought i was the only one that noticed that... that is the only thing that is keeping me hopeful right now about still being able to do this through best buy... what sucks is, i work monday-friday 12 noon to 10 pm every single day so im pretty much limited to the weekend for getting to the BB store... I am just praying this works out for us somehow... keep each other posted UCS..

At this point, given the cluster the stores seem to be offering up, I'd wait 14 more days to have BB open up the preorders on their site for VZW. If they totally botch the thing, you can still do the preorder from another retailer and still qualify for the Samsung provided rebate. It's not what either of us wants (I want the $200 right now when I pick it up please) but it may be our only option.

Also, there is one good thing with the VZW delay - all the formal reviews on the AT&T version will be out before our preorder window closes. If the phone somehow blows or disappoints like the S5 reviews did, at least we'll know. And also by the 20th or so, the Nexus 6 and Droid Turbo should have some sort of either formal announcement or more extensive leaks.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

It has nothing to do with where you TRADE IN YOUR OLD PHONE... you're only ineligible for the samsung promotion if you PRE ORDER THE DEVICE FROM BEST BUY AND RECEIVE THE $200 DIRECT FROM THEM. I spoke to samsung customer service and they assured me I'd be able to pre-order from my VZW store and trade in my old phone seperately at BB and I would be good to go with the promotion through Samsung.

To me, the term "trade-in" means that you are trading your old phone for a new one, which reduces the price of the new one. Just like when you buy a new car and trade your old one in at the dealer. It sounds to me that you are talking about just going to BB and selling them your old phone, not trading it in (since you are not buying a new phone from BB). Does BB buy old phones from customers who aren't buying a new phone there? Maybe they do, I don't know.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

To me, the term "trade-in" means that you are trading your old phone for a new one, which reduces the price of the new one. Just like when you buy a new car and trade your old one in at the dealer. It sounds to me that you are talking about just going to BB and selling them your old phone, not trading it in (since you are not buying a new phone from BB). Does BB buy old phones from customers who aren't buying a new phone there? Maybe they do, I don't know.

Not in this case with the Best Buy offer. You give them a phone - they give you $200 gift card when you're buying the Note 4. It does have to be at the same time though. And BB will simply buy your old electronics without requiring a purchase, just like Carmax does to use your car analogy.

But with the Samsung offer, yes. You trade in a phone (somewhere - even as a separate transaction and/or from a different retailer than where you buy the phone) and then Samsung sends you a check for $200 minus the value of your traded phone.

ucsdsig

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Quick update. Spoke with the mobile manager at my local Best Buy this morning and he said that each district (not store) was allocated a certain number of Note 4s for preorders. He said that my local district has reached it's maximum number of preorders and he could not place any additional orders.

This whole Best Buy preorder has been a mess. Even with the iPhone 6, which absolutely had crazy preorder numbers, you could still preorder a device even though it was backordered for a few weeks.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Quick update. Spoke with the mobile manager at my local Best Buy this morning and he said that each district (not store) was allocated a certain number of Note 4s for preorders. He said that my local district has reached it's maximum number of preorders and he could not place any additional orders.

This whole Best Buy preorder has been a mess. Even with the iPhone 6, which absolutely had crazy preorder numbers, you could still preorder a device even though it was backordered for a few weeks.

That's just stupid to limit preorders like that. So what happens if you preorder via the BB website? Will no show it being unavailable? Are you preordering AT&T or Sprint?

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

So with BB online it looks like I can order the Sprint phone, but I'll pay full price for each phone (I need two for two different lines). How do I get to use the BB gift card against the purchase price if I'm already paying full (contract) price for the phone? Has anyone found out that info from BB?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

So with BB online it looks like I can order the Sprint phone, but I'll pay full price for each phone (I need two for two different lines). How do I get to use the BB gift card against the purchase price if I'm already paying full (contract) price for the phone? Has anyone found out that info from BB?

Still don't know if we can buy off contract and get the promo. We'll see on the 17th....

Posted via Android Central App

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

So you're buying two phones at full price but activating them there in BB? Does the preorder require you to pay for the phones now when you select in store pickup? Since you have to do instore, it seems strange they'd charge you full price right now.

But I'm getting a VZW one so I can't do my own preorder to see what happens.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Not full price. I'm on contract, and upgrade eligible on both lines, so I'd be charged the $349 Sprint upgrade price. But instead of what I've heard is happening in-store at BB locations (paying $50 to get a $50 BB gc) the website is charging me the FULL contract price of $349 ($421 plus tax and all that). So I don't know how I'd get to leverage the promotion if my credit card is already charged the full contract price and it gets shipped to me. Was wondering if anyone else had faced the same issue (I guess folks on ATT or Sprint, since Verizon folks can't pre-order from BB website at all). If not, maybe I'll call the nearest BB store and find out. I did find out yesterday that of course, BB is not honoring rain checks on the N4 out of stock items.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Not full price. I'm on contract, and upgrade eligible on both lines, so I'd be charged the $349 Sprint upgrade price. But instead of what I've heard is happening in-store at BB locations (paying $50 to get a $50 BB gc) the website is charging me the FULL contract price of $349 ($421 plus tax and all that). So I don't know how I'd get to leverage the promotion if my credit card is already charged the full contract price and it gets shipped to me. Was wondering if anyone else had faced the same issue (I guess folks on ATT or Sprint, since Verizon folks can't pre-order from BB website at all). If not, maybe I'll call the nearest BB store and find out. I did find out yesterday that of course, BB is not honoring rain checks on the N4 out of stock items.

Just for grins, I'm attempting a Sprint preorder on the website. You're totally right (and I can't believe this) that the website only allows shipping. There is no 'store pickup' option available, which is the only one you can choose in order to get the gift card.

This is so so stupid!

EDIT: I just tried it with AT&T as a new customer selecting a data plan, the $299 subsidized price, insurance etc. and it TOO said shipping only. No in store pickup. Which would mean no gift card.

Capture.PNG

manjil

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

hey all .. so assuming BB Promotion for $200 is off, are these the other options?

1 .. pre-order from VZW then trade in the old phone at BB
2 .. how about pre-order and trade in from Amazon?

totalchaos08

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site

Just came back from a Best Buy in NYC and was able to pre-order the white note 4 for Verizon. Like what everyone else said, I paid $50 to reserve the phone and they also gave me a $50 gift card. The guy who took my order didn't have any info on the promo though when I asked.

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

I just went to my local Verizon store (Irvine, CA) to preorder. I was shocked that they didn't even have a Note 4 on display and was glad I went to BB last week to check it out. None of the employees had heard of the Samsung offer. They first tried to tell me it was this VZW trade-in deal and handed me a flyer that clearly said it was for iPhone trade-ins.

Anyway, I showed them the Samsung promotion website on my phone and the manager was like "Ok whatever. We don't have anything to do with that. That's between you and Samsung." Ok. A sales rep tried to place my full-price preorder, but the system kept kicking it back. He finally asked another rep and she tried, but then she told me that preorders were only for new 2-yr activation. No....not correct. So after a few minutes of arguing, they got the sale to go through as an "item sale" without a contract. I was told that my phone would ship by 10/23 and then bring my old phone back in for trade-in. They will give me a Verizon gift card for the value and a receipt to turn into Samsung. It was a serious hassle, but I think I'm good to go. Am I missing anything here? I was a bit underwhelmed by the customer service, as I was basically throwing $750 at them.

In my opinion (as others have said here), Samsung majorly flubbed the roll out of Note 4 and this rebate offer. This should be plastered everywhere in the store and online to try to combat the iPhone 6 sales.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Just came back from a Best Buy in NYC and was able to pre-order the white note 4 for Verizon. Like what everyone else said, I paid $50 to reserve the phone and they also gave me a $50 gift card. The guy who took my order didn't have any info on the promo though when I asked.

I have no clue how you got fortunate and got that, because I just called another BB, and the guy told me that "system-wide" BB was not accepting any more pre-orders for the N4. He could place no pre-order because it was blocked in the system. He said he wasn't sure if that was going to change in the coming week or so.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm literally in the same boat as all of you now looking for a Note 4 through BB for Sprint. I think we may have missed our opportunity. I've tried many times to order online but you must "pick-up in store" to quality for the $200 rebate. So hopefully we continually call BB and check to see if their systems allows the preorder, pray the website allows up to pick-up in store, or suck it up go through the carrier and wait forever and a day for our rebate from Samsung.

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah..how did you pull that off? If you really did get a pre-order in then I should be able to order online and ship to store or go to a local BB and preorder

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

From what I can tell store pickup has never been an option online. I placed my pre order in the store because of this fact and because I want to pick it up the day it releases lol

mrhankey184

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

If you look at the promo page on best buy website it says you should be able to order online and choose "store pickup" to qualify.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

If you look at the promo page on best buy website it says you should be able to order online and choose "store pickup" to qualify.

Except when I actually tried it today (10/6) with both a full non subsidized Sprint one and then a brand new contract subsidized AT&T one, the 'pick up at store' was not an option. Only shipping it directly to you was selectable.

See here earlier today: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...msung-200-trade-promotion-19.html#post3942616

EDIT: I just tried it again with a black AT&T preorder/new line/full subsidy. Picking up in the store is not an option.I tried multiple zip codes (90210/60504/10017) and multiple options of AT&T and Sprint and not a single one gave me the option for store pickup.

As of right now, it seems one cannot use the BB website for this phone and be eligible for the $200 BB gift card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch