Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

I don't understand how ending your contract will be cheaper than buying the note outright. Can someone please explain?

So you do have the ETF of $325 if you don't return the phone, don't you pay for the cost of the phone? So that's the ETF plus phone cost = more expensive.

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Did anyone answer the question re: doing this through say sprint telesales? I'm on SERO P still and subsidized and discounted, so not really going to leave it..

Would love to trade in my HTC EVO 4G for this, but where and how? does one pre-order from Sprint now, where does one trade in? and what does one send to Samsung?

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I'll let you know soon, I'm trying to figure out if the sprint buyback is the same as sprint trade in. If I can trade it in online I'll do that.

We have to call 888-882-4030 and preorder over the phone, we can't do it online (preorder)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

The FAQ says if you pre order at BB you have to do the trade in there. Ppl don't want to believe the FAQ as facts but I'm not about to lose out when it's plainly spelled out.

Posted via Android Central App

Considering a lot of people believe Ghost Hunters and wrestling are both real, why do you think actual defined terms will make a difference to the True Believers? ;)

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Here's the thing with paying ETF. You buy the phone with the BB trade in on contract. With the gift card the phone is only $99. Then ETF for AT&T is $325. That's half the cost of paying outright even if they charge activation. Then You get a $15 discount on your monthly bill if you have less than 10GB, $25 off if you have more than 10GB. You don't have to give the phone back because you are paying ETF. You can terminate the line if you want, I probably will. With Next, you get the same $15/$25 discount but you can turn the phone in and lease another while making payments on the phone monthly. Make sense?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Considering a lot of people believe Ghost Hunters and wrestling are both real, why do you think actual defined terms will make a difference to the True Believers? ;)

Hey now don't talk about wrestling I'm a wwe fan lol

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Here's the thing with paying ETF. You buy the phone with the BB trade in on contract. With the gift card the phone is only $99. Then ETF for AT&T is $325. That's half the cost of paying outright even if they charge activation. Then You get a $15 discount on your monthly bill if you have less than 10GB, $25 off if you have more than 10GB. You don't have to give the phone back because you are paying ETF. You can terminate the line if you want, I probably will. With Next, you get the same $15/$25 discount but you can turn the phone in and lease another while making payments on the phone monthly. Make sense?

Exactly as you said. So you keep your phone if you pay ETF which is $325 + 99 for the subsidized cost after the BB promotion. Most likely they'll tack on some activation fee for $35 if I remember (around there). So you're looking at paying $460 before tax if all the numbers are right. I don't know what the 15/25 discount is about though. I want to keep my phone number so I'll see if I can start up a new line just so I can do the ETF.

Now under normal circumstances ETF would not be really worth all the hassle but the 200 off makes it a clear winner if everything pans out.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Preordered Note 4 at BB and plan on using the trade in instant rebate of $200.

Concerned that my trade-in phone doesn't even show up on BB's list but I don't read where that is a requirement.

My trade in phone is a Huawei 866c (Ascend??). I have a feeling, like others have posted, it will depend on which salesperson you get. I usually have good results w/BB.

Soreloser

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

From what I can gather actually reading the terms and conditions from Samsung's website, the Best Buy Gift Card and the Samsung rebate are actually two separate programs which cannot be combined. Samsung posts some of the T&C's for Best Buy which says the customer must have an eligible two year contract upgrade to take advantage of the Best Buy offer. The Samsung T&C's do not say anything about contracts or upgrades at all.

As I see it, a Next or Edge buyer should be able to use the Samsung offer and pre-order through your carriers retail store. No immediate rebate other than your trade-in and you have to wait for a rebate check, but at least you wouldn't need a eligible 2 year upgrade available.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

Preordered Note 4 at BB and plan on using the trade in instant rebate of $200.

Concerned that my trade-in phone doesn't even show up on BB's list but I don't read where that is a requirement.

My trade in phone is a Huawei 866c (Ascend??). I have a feeling, like others have posted, it will depend on which salesperson you get. I usually have good results w/BB.

I went to BB yesterday and talked to the customer service rep to see how much my note 2 N7100 (unlocked international version) would trade in for. They said it's not even in the system (obviously since I'm in the US). So you might want to drop by and check with them.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

still confused :D so sorry...

I read this in their FAQ

How do I cancel service?
Call the number on your invoice or receipt to cancel service. Early termination fees may apply. See Returns by Device. AT&T will refund any activation fee you might have paid if you cancel service within three days of activation.

**Please note that you may have to return any handsets and accessories purchased with the service before service can be cancelled.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fmainpar%2Fgenericmodal_6.html&token=S6Blq0tj

Last edited:

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

T-Mobile Users............Can anyone answer? Receiving my Note 4 from T-mo this afternoon and have a nexus 4 to trade-in for the Samsung promotion. 1) Am I suppose to trade the device in at the store, online, does it matter? 2) How or where do I get a copy of my Pre-order confirmation? Apparently it's needed for the promotion.

If you pre-ordered at the store, you can do the trade in at the store. I pre-ordered online but didn't have my Craigslist trade in phone at the time. The phone was delivered yesterday, I ported over from Sprint and activated it at the store. Then I entered my T-Mobile and trade in phone info at http://www.t-mobile.com%2FDeviceRecovery%2Fcell-phone-trade-in.aspx. I entered the phone info and IMEI, and got an RMA document with the trade in info and prepaid shipping label. When I called in, they said it takes one to two billing cycles to get the trade in receipt though, so hurry!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Exactly as you said. So you keep your phone if you pay ETF which is $325 + 99 for the subsidized cost after the BB promotion. Most likely they'll tack on some activation fee for $35 if I remember (around there). So you're looking at paying $460 before tax if all the numbers are right. I don't know what the 15/25 discount is about though. I want to keep my phone number so I'll see if I can start up a new line just so I can do the ETF.

Now under normal circumstances ETF would not be really worth all the hassle but the 200 off makes it a clear winner if everything pans out.

That $15/$25 discount is given because you are paying outright for the device. This amount is built into two year contracts since you get the phone so cheap. Example: I could pay $299 for note 4 and keep two years. I pay the full price of my mobile share plan etc. Or I buy outright and get the discount since I paid for the full price of the device and don't need to finance it. Next is the same but you make payments on the phone every month. That's why when you're on a two year contract you pay ETF minus the amount of months you had service. I'm probably confusing you more lol sorry!

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site

I really wish Verizon did in-store trade-ins. I've been waiting since the 2nd of October for an envelope from Verizon for my trade. I'm worried by the time I get it, send it, and they process it this promo will be done.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site

That $15/$25 discount is given because you are paying outright for the device. This amount is built into two year contracts since you get the phone so cheap. Example: I could pay $299 for note 4 and keep two years. I pay the full price of my mobile share plan etc. Or I buy outright and get the discount since I paid for the full price of the device and don't need to finance it. Next is the same but you make payments on the phone every month. That's why when you're on a two year contract you pay ETF minus the amount of months you had service. I'm probably confusing you more lol sorry!

The worrying thing is in john's post a few posts up saying that handsets may have to be returned with the service before service can be cancelled. I wonder if they'd try to pull a fast one on you if you cancelled within 3 days after activating the line (or whenever you cancel within the first month). I'll swing by the ATT store later and try to get clarification on how the ETF process works and what the catches are.

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

The worrying thing is in john's post a few posts up saying that handsets may have to be returned with the service before service can be cancelled. I wonder if they'd try to pull a fast one on you if you cancelled within 3 days after activating the line (or whenever you cancel within the first month). I'll swing by the ATT store later and try to get clarification on how the ETF process works and what the catches are.

Yes please get back to us with more info about this.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I would assume you would need to have service past 14 days and pay etf of 350 but phone would be yours. Know someone who recently did this through verizon

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I really wish Verizon did in-store trade-ins. I've been waiting since the 2nd of October for an envelope from Verizon for my trade. I'm worried by the time I get it, send it, and they process it this promo will be done.

Why not do it in store?

Attachments

• 2014-10-14-15-44-44.jpg
    2014-10-14-15-44-44.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 41

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I would assume you would need to have service past 14 days and pay etf of 350 but phone would be yours. Know someone who recently did this through verizon

Hope this is the same with AT&T

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

If you pay ETF the phone is yours. I just did this with AT&T. I even cancelled before the 14 days and still was able to keep the device.