Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Has anybody though about making "The switch"?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Has anybody though about making "The switch"?

That was the argument I had with myself. Sometimes you want simplicity. Don't want to be locked into it though personally.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Amen. It is the one reason I was considering still adding an iPhone. However, upon deeper consideration I realize that you can simplify (dumb down) an android device if you want. I guess we don't generally consider that as it seems like such a waste. ...kinda like driving around in a Lamborghini at 5mph.

from the G Pad 7

exdrinker

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site

Waiting for iPhone animation is worse than any lag on the Note 4 and so much versatility is lost.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have both. I use the iPhone for jobs I do and the note is more for the fun factor. Whenever I go back to the iPhone it feels cheap.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site

I originally was an iPhone user from the early days so now every time a new one comes out I always think about making the switch back. And even do sometimes. Had the iPhone 6 before the note came out and returned it to get the note. Even when I do "make the switch" I always come back.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

iTunes alone is reason enough to keep me away from iOS. Regardless of how great a device they make, the lack of full file/folder browsing on it, the integration of iTunes and the need for it on the PC side . . . no thanks.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

All phones have gltiches, bug, lag etc etc. My thought process:

Not having iTunes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Having iTunes

It is a god-awful program. Plus the customization of Android is far, far superior.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I've been using iTunes since 2001 on Mac, on PC, on Mac again, now on PC again. Never had any notable problem and have almost 700GB of music. Over the years I've heard a few people complain about iTunes but could never, based on my own experience, understand why.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had lagginess as well and coming from the S5, which was really fast, it was very noticeable and annoying. I turned on developer mode and changed Window, Animator, and Transition to .5 from 1 and it has made a HUGE improvement. See attached. Presumably, you could turn it to 0 and it would be even faster, but it might use more battery, not sure. I haven't noticed any battery drains using it at .5

I also did a soft reset afterwards, just to make sure it was in full effect. (In general on all my Samsung devices, I have noticed the device can take some time to "get moving" when it first boots up from a reset or power off...assuming it's all of the services and TouchWiz enabling)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-28-17-23-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-28-17-23-22.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 78

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I've been using iTunes since 2001 on Mac, on PC, on Mac again, now on PC again. Never had any notable problem and have almost 700GB of music. Over the years I've heard a few people complain about iTunes but could never, based on my own experience, understand why.

It's the little things and one big thing that drove me away from using iTunes on my PC. One little thing was the lack of a stop button. I'm old-school; pause and stop are not the same thing! The other little thing that I can remember is that creating a playlist was too labor-intensive compared to MusicMatch Jukebox. The big thing was that iTunes was a resource hog. I haven't used iTunes on my most recent computer so maybe it's not as big of a problem now as it was with a computer purchased in 2005.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

iTunes is infuriating. My daughter just recently went back to iPhone and is remembering why she hated iTunes. It's just not as easy as the play store and music manager.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I have a friend who is switching only cause her family members have it. I am not a fan. I have to use the iPad at work and don't like it. I love Android and Samsung. I tried convincing her but she wants to switch.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

The username says it all. The OS is a joke. Nuff said...

Posted Via Galaxy Note Edge. Yea, the phone is perfect...

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I actually thought about the 6 plus pretty long but could never get past the thought of dealing with i tunes and the app store. My son had an iPhone 4 and all the syncing and crap was a total headache. I'm pretty tech savvy but that stuff is frustrating. Especially when I've been nothing but android from the jump. Everything android is so much simpler to do. Needless to say my son no longer has an iPhone either, just got a s4 and loves it.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I must just be odd. iTunes work just fine for me and usually has whatever music I want and the sound quality is decent (not lossless but decent).

from the IV

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

My main dislike for iTunes stems from the necessity of going back to it for everything. All media management must go through it and that can be a pain in the **** when one actively uses multiple computers (I use 4 computers). I recall in the past needing to copy video files to my wife's iPad through iTunes just so her VLC media player application would see them. That was irritating since the computer I wanted to use didn't have iTunes set up. If things have changed since then, then great! File management for media in Android is so much easier. One can drag and drop files to the device as if it's a flash drive and all media playback applications can use the files.

Then there was the whole one computer that a device is synced with thing.... Which can suck when you're in an emergency and needing to backup/restore on another computer...

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

My main dislike for iTunes stems from the necessity of going back to it for everything. All media management must go through it and that can be a pain in the **** when one actively uses multiple computers (I use 4 computers). I recall in the past needing to copy video files to my wife's iPad through iTunes just so her VLC media player application would see them. That was irritating since the computer I wanted to use didn't have iTunes set up. If things have changed since then, then great! File management for media in Android is so much easier. One can drag and drop files to the device as if it's a flash drive and all media playback applications can use the files.

Then there was the whole one computer that a device is synced with thing.... Which can suck when you're in an emergency and needing to backup/restore on another computer...

I guess I'm just used to doing it Apple's way. Ugh.

from the IV

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site

I guess I'm just used to doing it Apple's way. Ugh.

from the IV

Or you're just using it correctly and not just repeating what others say about iTunes that hate Apple. I've never had any problems with iTunes either.

Btw, I haven't touched iTunes for years because there many apps that allow you to drag and drop files to an idevice with just a browser.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Or you're just using it correctly and not just repeating what others say about iTunes that hate Apple. I've never had any problems with iTunes either.

Btw, I haven't touched iTunes for years because there many apps that allow you to drag and drop files to an idevice with just a browser.

Awesome! Would love suggestions on ways to upload videos to my wife's ipad without having to use iTunes.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

It basically bogged my PC down like a virus. Once I got rid of it, perfect. Even tried to a couple uninstalls and reinstalls. Nothing worked except getting rid of it. I didn't like the sync either so now I just have an iPod that's literally a paper weight.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am with others .. I hate iTunes .. I never install it lol.