Robin's Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Thread

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: getting really impatient about Android L

doesnt thrill me at all. i prefer they left mine alone, it works fine, dont wanna mess with it and i had an update completely hose a phone of mine in the past.

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Honestly, I prefer to WAIT a little bit, let the bugs get worked out, we'll be on at least 5.03 once it is released. Maybe even 5.1..some of the early release bugs were pretty severe, would rather have a GREAT working phone, great battery, responsive, fast downloads, PREDICTABLE than have bugs in the device just to be first

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

I quit worrying about the next system, i buy the phone for what it is, not what it will be... besides that there is so much more on a note that has to be done or else lollipop is going to look unfinished.. id rather they get it right first

Just my two cents. The note 4 is pretty awesome as is

Posted via the Android Central App

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
power went off then it messed up phone and tablet wifi

My note is ok now but my lg gpad connects to another WiFi but not mine...yikes

barrettdaniel

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: do we need an antivirus?

i have AVG. Same thing I use on my laptop and my tablet. l've wondered recently though if an antivirus is necessary on my Note 4

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Avast is available.

Me too. Works like a charm. I also have Lookout Pro, which is included in TMO's Jump plan (I had it for 4 years prior to switching to TMO) and it's very extensive. Both Avast and Lookout are definitely worth checking out, since they both do much more than just anti-virus protection.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Has worked fine for me. Only other app I've used is Waze, but I vastly prefer the Maps UI

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: google maps

What do you mean by inaccurate? On my Note 4, I find the map itself to be an accurate depiction of the area but that the automobile indicator lags actual position, e.g., I'm beyond an intersection before the moving indicator reaches it, even at speeds as low as 20 mph. I've also used Sygic on my Note and it is accurate with moving position.

ehstaley

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: google maps

My new (less than 6 months old) apartment complex wasn't on Google Maps, so I submitted a correction. In less than 5 weeks, they added it accurately. I was VERY impressed with their response time. If you see an error or inaccuracy, submit it. They have no way of knowing unless you do.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: any updated updates on Lollipop?

Yes they lie. On my note 3, they said 4.4.4 will reach note 3 by July 2014 and now we are in 2015.

You can defend them all you want but this is how they do it. They have tons of devices and they can't catch up. If you get 5.0.1 don't expect 5.0.2 any time soon which is the latest from Google.

We were talking about the Note 3? My bad. I thought this was a Note 4 forum.

That said, I'd like to examine Samsung's press release where they "promised" a software update for your phone on a certain date. Do you have a link?

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

We were talking about the Note 3? My bad. I thought this was a Note 4 forum.

That said, I'd like to examine Samsung's press release where they "promised" a software update for your phone on a certain date. Do you have a link?
I thought we were taking about the same company!!

I don't need to give you any links use Google. Type 4.4.4 note 3 release date

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I kinda know how phone updates work. Samsung isn't the only party... the carriers are often the hold up on releases.

BTW... I did Google it. I didn't see a Samsung "promise" on a release date. Since I don't own a Note 3 nor do I plan to, I think I've expended as much energy as I should in the endeavor. I didn't make the claim. You did. I'm not sure how me working to prove you right is in my interest.

in edit: What I found in my Google search was that the 4.4.4 update for the Note 3 was released in mid November for ATT customers.

in edit 2: This is the first page of Bing's return on the search parameters you offered. I do not see an official Samsung link to the claim you make.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non