Anyone Else try to leave the Note 4 only to come back to it?

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
To those of you that don't understand the S-pen it is more than a replacement for the finger. If you create an active note while on a call, that very same note can be turned into a active link such as write a phone number down while on the phone like a post it, then hang up and the phone can dial or save that new number, for starters. Can the iPhone do that? Never need scrap paper again once you know this.

Posted via the Android Central App

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
To those of you that don't understand the S-pen it is more than a replacement for the finger. If you create an active note while on a call, that very same note can be turned into a active link such as write a phone number down while on the phone like a post it, then hang up and the phone can dial or save that new number, for starters. Can the iPhone do that? Never need scrap paper again once you know this.

The iphone can do something similar.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
And that would be? It has NO stylus.

It is possible to create active notes. You are correct, the iPhone does not utilize a stylus, but can achieve the same effect of having an action note. If you go into the notes app and type in a phone number it creates a link and when pressed, gives you options. Same with addresses and calendar events.

Note in my house!

ADORE1069

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Good thread. I went from my Note 4 to Note Edge, then back to my Note 4 because I find the combo of my Note 4 and Gear S surpass all the bells and whistles of my Note Edge.

So if the Note 4 and Note Edge only differ when it comes to the edge screen, why was the Gear S experience different?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have had every Note since the Note 2. I leave and come back. I can find things that I like in any phone that I've had. I have thought about the nexus 6 because I love how smooth my 2014 Moto X is but I use the s-pen and other note features too much.

Sent from my Note 4

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So I left my note 4 (att) for an unlocked iPhone 6 plus because I was moving out of country and iPhones have every LTE band. Well i picked up a G4 last week and took my wife to get a g4 today. Only for her to get a note 4! Not any note 4 but a 916k note 4, the one that's LTE-A with a Snap Dragon 810 in it! I want to go back!! I'm. Very envious of her right now.....

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
So if the Note 4 and Note Edge only differ when it comes to the edge screen, why was the Gear S experience different?
I feel that I can read notifications, respond to emails and texts much better and less intrusive on my Gear S than when I had on my Note Edge. The Gear S is a truer separate screen than the Note Edge. Having both for me was redundant.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I but the s6 edge and I only lasted two days with the phone. I came back to the note 4 immediately. I miss the screen size and battery life of the phone.

Your Friendly Neighbor Verizon Wireless Note 4 LTE 😎

ADORE1069

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I feel that I can read notifications, respond to emails and texts much better and less intrusive on my Gear S than when I had on my Note Edge. The Gear S is a truer separate screen than the Note Edge. Having both for me was redundant.

I understand your point. I love the edge. The curved edge is to die for and adding the Gear S puts me in tech heaven. I love the note series but wouldn't give up the edge for the beast of a phone known as the Note 4. I prefer the cleaner look of the edge.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
There's a big difference between trying an iphone 6 and using it for a while in real life situations. That's like saying you watched a trailer to a movie and saying it sucks. You can't judge a book by a cover friendo.

Everything you mention in your post the iphone also accomplishes. The colors on the iphone are also stunning. The camera and video are outstanding. The battery life is also great (yes the note 4 battery lasts longer) but even thought the iphone battery doesn't last as long as the note 4, that means absolutely zilch. If I need my phone to last me 9 hours without dying then that's all that matters. I can get a full 12 hour day on the iphone 6 plus so my 9 hour needs are 100% met. It doesn't matter if the note 4 can get 36 hours on a single charge, my 9 hour needs are met regardless.

So there really isn't any putting the iphone to shame involved. Like I pointed out in my prior posts. The Note 4 fingerprint reader is poor, I turned that feature off after the first week. I rarely used the S-Pen as I never really saw the functionality of it. I typed much faster on my Note 4 with my fingers than pulling out the S-Pen and trying to type. So I don't really get it. I never found my self in a realistic scenario where I needed to pull out the S-Pen and write overtop a screenshot. Not once.

Again, the fingerprint reader, the finger print integration, and the way overall way the iphone 6 plus works runs circles around the note 4. I don't care how many features the note 4 has, I rarely used them. I never needed to take screenshots by swiping my hand over the screen. They just crammed features into the note 4 for the sake of cramming in features. And most of them worked poorly.

Android devices may be about quantity (features) but Apple is 100% about quality which is why every feature they carefully add into their devices work 101 out of 100 times.

I can say one good thing about the note 4. It powers my gear VR headset and I'm happy about that.
You said don't judge a book by its cover, but you are actually just doing that with the Note 4, without giving it time to learn all the features it has to offer. You said you don't use the S-PEN, so how do you know you don't have much use for it without giving it proper time? Isn't it the same as watching a movie trailer and saying that the movie sucks? 😉

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I got the s6 edge a month ago. I think I would be considered a "work-power user" I've been out the office in the field the past week and haven't had the same charger availability I do when sitting at my desk. The battery has died every single day mid-day. Basically forcing me to run back to the note 4. Hopefully an update will help the battery issue on the S6e otherwise it won't be a feasible device for my everyday use. The Note 4 and past Note series devices have always been trusty.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
When the G4 spec rumors first started I was intrigued that there was a rumor of one coming with a s pen variant. Once that rumor was quelled I lost all interest in another phone.
As far as movie trailers, they always show the best part in them so if you're not wowed , scared or lol at them then you can pretty much know the movie sucks without seeing it. The s pen, on the other hand, isn't the same. A quick note, jotting a phone number or screen shot with a notation are just scratching the surface. What I've seen and been told over the last few years is basically it's a stylus pen therefore it won't be given a chance to see what the difference between it and any other stylus pen you can buy on Amazon. So many just turn their nose at holding something in their hand and using it instead of their finger. It's sort of like gesture keyboards. "Sliding around on a keyboard instead of tapping? I could never do that so I won't even try." but then they want a handwriting ability on their phone.
The s pen isn't for everyone. It's not for those that will not think outside the box or learn new muscle memory with their phone or tablet.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Would some here not have bought the Note 4 if it came with Lollipop? It had light themes on KitKat but not all the way through.
I couldn't upgrade my Note 3 but may do in June. I don't want to wait until October / November and pay full whack for the Note 5.

I don't have Lollipop on my Note 3, I liked the S5 on KitKat and the Note 4, though prefer a dark theme, but I think I will hate the entire look of Lollipop on the Note 4 now.

Carrier / software issues aside (I am usually lucky with unlocked UK devices), and ignoring the minor(?) improvements, is the Note 4 not as appealing on 5.0+.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I did, I got the note 4 at launch. Liked it but thought it was just too big. I then realized that bigger phones are better especially since most people including myself, often use two hands even on 4.7-to 5.0 inch screens. Even the "famed" iPhone 4 (tiny) was.supposed to be used with two hands. Since phones are more mufti media media devices than anything, I now see that bigger is better. Hopefully the Note 5 will be Nexus 6 sized or maybe .2 inches bigger LOL

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Happens everytime I think I want to try something different. Left the note 3 for the lg g3 and jus left the g3 for the note 4 today lol.
Funny I bought the LG G3 two months ago and did a jump upgrade to the Note 4. Love my Note 4,never have TW a chance since I already have Nova Prime

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
You said don't judge a book by its cover, but you are actually just doing that with the Note 4, without giving it time to learn all the features it has to offer. You said you don't use the S-PEN, so how do you know you don't have much use for it without giving it proper time? Isn't it the same as watching a movie trailer and saying that the movie sucks? 😉

No, I would say a more accurate comparison would be, If I saw an advert for the Note 4 and S Pen and made and voiced my opinion that it sucked would be more in line with your movie trailer analogy. But I own a Note 4, and I've used the S-Pen and while it's a neat feature to have with the phone, I just don't use it much. That's all. So my decision is made by actually seeing the movie and not by watching the trailer.

ecko4life1972

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone Else

I thought I was the only one that really loves Samsung's calendar widget. One of my top three reasons for sticking with the note line!

The s pen and the calendar widget I use are the main reason I came back. I use the s pen a lot. Never actually knew how much until I used the iPhone.