I'm sorry, but after 5 months I realized this phone is junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind telling me then...how can I "correctly" use a phone that lags on navigation? I mean I've tried clearing cache, restarting, etc...maybe you're implying I actually need to drive my car slower in order for the navigation to keep up?

Posted via the Android Central App

I don't have any issues with my GPS honestly.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Windows Phone and I noticed this too, the android keyboard and all the keyboards that you can download are really bad on word predictions and autocorrect, no matter which one you install all of them on android sux and I have to deal with that everyday, even if I'm using SwiftKey.

See I owned a Windows phone for work, and I couldn't stand using the keyboard. SwiftKey works amazingly for me. It autocorrects almost perfect. There is a reason a large amount of iPhone users went to it too as soon as it was available on the iPhone. That and they could swipe as well.

Last edited:

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
While I love my Note 4 for many reasons, some things mentioned here should be improved.

I am also having crazy issues with my maps. My issue is not lagging as much as it is looking for GPS signal. Now, I don't know if it's the fact that I live in a huge city full of skyscrapers, but when I am turning on tiny streets trying to save time and the map stops updating because it lost the connection and is "searching for GPS" it makes my "quickest route" super lost due to me having to miss my turns and go around in traffic. I am not sure what I can do to fix this issue.

Other problems are the front facing camera and the distortion (to be fair I dont think it's a Note 4 issue, others seem to report the same problem, but this was not an issue on my Note 2).

Autocorrect is ridiculous... it corrects it without any intuitiveness to the most random word. Or when I type fast it tends to just copy what I am write twice or three times and I have to go and backspace (so much for typing fast) and I have zero idea why it does that...

Activation of single hand mode is not as easy as it used to. It now takes 10 steps instead of 2 like Note 2 had it.

How about the fact that you can't mute the phone without going into the pull down panel? Before you could do it with just volume buttons.

List goes on.... while it does some things so amazingly and better than anything out there, these daily usage things could use some updating because even though they are small, it can still be frustrating.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have had many different phone brands over the years including a Samsung A940 that was an early smart phone with no touch screen but did have a true optical zoom camera and multimedia. Have had and have iPhones for work and they make me crazy with it sending the wrong word in texts which really forces you to pay attention to the screen. I had an HTC Evo that was a great device and now the Notes since the 2. Still have a iPhone for work but don't care for it preferring instead the N4 snd it's S pen.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Apple uses 1 GB of RAM in the iP6 and 6+, and it runs exceptionally well, compared to the 4GB used in the Note 4. There's something to be said for simplicity. Neither Android or iOS is perfect, but when it comes to optimization nothing beats and iPhone. It's apparent that the Note 4 or any Android device will suit your need for simplicity and functionality. Sell the Note 4 and go back to iPhone, no judging going on here. Get what works best for YOU. God Bless!

The iPhone/iPad does not handle that 1GB well. Most people complain about tabs reloading in Safari.

Try having five tabs open. Start writing a message in one tab and then switch to another tab to copy some text. Switch back to the other tab and chances are, that tab will reload losing whatever you had typed in previously. It might not happen every time but it will happen frequently enough to be annoying.

I can count on opening an app on my Note 4 such as Facebook in the morning. I find something I want to reply to but I don't have time to type the message. I leave the app open and go to work. Come home from work and Facebook is still open to that post where I left it. I can't do that on iOS. Too many apps reload. This goes for iPhones all the way up to the current 6 and 6+. Want proof? Read up on MacRumors.

Carrie Greicar

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
You can select text without the pen too. Just hold your finger down for a few seconds over the text you want to copy and 2 arrows pop up Use your fingers to move the arrows to the end of the text that you want to copy and then hit the copy button at the top of the screen (it pops up when you select the text)

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone/iPad does not handle that 1GB well. Most people complain about tabs reloading in Safari.

Try having five tabs open. Start writing a message in one tab and then switch to another tab to copy some text. Switch back to the other tab and chances are, that tab will reload losing whatever you had typed in previously. It might not happen every time but it will happen frequently enough to be annoying.

I can count on opening an app on my Note 4 such as Facebook in the morning. I find something I want to reply to but I don't have time to type the message. I leave the app open and go to work. Come home from work and Facebook is still open to that post where I left it. I can't do that on iOS. Too many apps reload. This goes for iPhones all the way up to the current 6 and 6+. Want proof? Read up on MacRumors.

The iPad Air 2 has 2 gb ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
As I stated in my OP, yes with the S pen is easy. If i want to stop what I'm doing to use two hands and pull out a stylus to copy...then yea it works

Well you did buy a NOTE 4. They kinda optimize their software around the feature that makes it a NOTE. That's why in other threads I had it out with people who said they bought the phone but never use the S pen. That's perfectly fine and understandable, just know that you're doing yourself a disservice by not using the main feature that the phone is built around. I mean come on. You don't like the way the phone does it without the S pen, so use the S pen. But then you don't like that because then you have to lift another arm. Why even leave the iPhone if you know that you like that experience and don't want to try something different?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Well you did buy a NOTE 4. They kinda optimize their software around the feature that makes it a NOTE. That's why in other threads I had it out with people who said they bought the phone but never use the S pen. That's perfectly fine and understandable, just know that you're doing yourself a disservice by not using the main feature that the phone is built around. I mean come on. You don't like the way the phone does it without the S pen, so use the S pen. But then you don't like that because then you have to lift another arm. Why even leave the iPhone if you know that you like that experience and don't want to try something different?

It may seem weird but some buy the Note 4 and Note Edge with no intention of using the S Pen. The phones do have a lot of other attractions like size, display quality, and specs.

📱VI+🐉

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It may seem weird but some buy the Note 4 and Note Edge with no intention of using the S Pen. The phones do have a lot of other attractions like size, display quality, and specs.

??????VI+??????

In my case, I was looking forward to using the S Pen when I upgraded from the S3 but I suffer from benign tremors, causing some hand shake. It can make handwriting difficult but I found using the S Pen on a slippery screen near impossible so I rarely can use it. But I love this phone for the size and beauty of the display and the very significant increase in performance, both runtime and telephony.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Man, saying that the Note 4 is junk is a tough statement. I owned the Note 4 for a couple of months and I thought that it was arguable the best electronic device I had ever used. I did switch back to the iPhone 6 Plus, but that was after a lot of debate. And to be honest, if not for iMessage and FaceTime, I would not have switched. Sure, the apps are better on iOS, especially the game apps. iOS is smoother. But, the Note 4 offers such a unique experience. It is insanely packed with features and most of them are absolutely brilliant. And it does lag, but it's nowhere near bad enough to eclipse everything that it offers. The Note 4 is the most powerful smartphone I have ever used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

miss_vickies

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Miss Vickies are you talking about the Note 4? I am able to mute my phone with just the volume button...

I am, and I can't do it. Apparently others can't either. Not sure if it's a carrier thing. It goes to vibrate but not mute.... which when I am in a business meeting would be nice to not turn my phone on to mute it.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

📱VI+🐉

I understand that. But if they are unhappy with how the phone does things when not using the pen, and the phone works great when using it, then USE it.

This guy is saying he's unhappy with how the phone copies and pastes. Yet it's probably the very best device for copy and paste, as long as you are using the S pen like the phone was designed for. If you choose not to, then don't dog on the phone and say it's junk because YOU choose to not use it how it's optimized to be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.