Note 4 is charging very very slow

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My note 4 is charging very slow. Is anyone else having that problem? My fast charge didn't even kick in. Told me it would take over 3 hours to charge and I was at 55. I'm at 88% and it's saying it's going to take 53 minutes. This just started.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-19-16-48-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-19-16-48-18.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 380
  • Screenshot_2015-03-19-16-48-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-19-16-48-03.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 380

msdsman

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: note 4 charging very very slow

Hi....might just wanna dbl check all your connections and make sure you are all good to go. This happened to me once and it was puzzling but my USB cable had come loose from the adapter some how. Hope its as simple as this for you!

iOSConvert2k14

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi....might just wanna dbl check all your connections and make sure you are all good to go. This happened to me once and it was puzzling but my USB cable had come loose from the adapter some how. Hope its as simple as this for you!

Yeah definitely check if the plug is in the wall firmly and the USB is secure. Same thing also occurred to me

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Fast charge in the Note 4 runs from 0% to 50%, after that it's normal charge. 53 minutes for 22% is a bit slow, but that can be accounted for, as both previous posters said, by a bad cable or a loose connection.

(The fast charge is really a marketing gimmick, since you should never let the battery discharge below 40%, so you get that 10% in 6 minutes, then the remaining 50% at normal speed. See The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries.)

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not the cable. I have tried three different kinds and they all have the same result. The phone used to say rapid charging when you plug it up. It says nothing now. I'm at 56% and it says 2:56 remaining until full charge. Gimmick or not, it doesn't take that long to fill a battery 1600mh. I've tried different chargers at home work and in the car.

I've also used the charger that came with it. My Motorola turbo charger and the charger from Verizon.

AnneO

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

The same thing happened with my phone. Do you have any type of battery saver app installed? If so, you might want to delete. I had to bring mine in to the service center, they wiped it, and it still didn't work correctly. So, CSR had to order another one for me.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

The same thing happened with my phone. Do you have any type of battery saver app installed? If so, you might want to delete. I had to bring mine in to the service center, they wiped it, and it still didn't work correctly. So, CSR had to order another one for me.

No the only thing I have is gsam but that's it. It worked fine up until yesterday. I'm down to 41 percent since my last post. It's dying faster than it takes to charge it. I do have another battery I'll try that tomorrow morning

Graham Lee77

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site

Have you got a rogue app running in the background that's draining the battery quicker than the charger can charge?

Recently I had Inrix Traffic Management running on my Note 4 and it only notifies me when to leave for work and any traffic issues.

However it decided to continue running in the background without my knowledge and drained my battery from 100% to 30% in little over an hour even whilst the phone was charging in the car (I stream music over Bluetooth)

Had to uninstall it in the end to get it to shut down.

Might be worth checking your power settings which will indicate any abnormal battery usage.

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site

You do have fast charging box ticked don't you?

As said above fast charging on the Note is a bit of a gimmick and if you want true fast charging look to Oppo, mine charges from 0-100% in under an hour with almost the same size battery.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

You do have fast charging box ticked don't you?

As said above fast charging on the Note is a bit of a gimmick and if you want true fast charging look to Oppo, mine charges from 0-100% in under an hour with almost the same size battery.

It's checked. Earlier this week it was fully charging in an hour. I've had it since December. I plugged it up at 1 am woke up at 7 and I'm only at 80 percent. That was 6 hours. Im going to uninstall anything that I have added this week and see what happens

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site

Try a different USB cable... When I had my Note 2, it suddenly started charging very slowly one day. It was taking twice as long to reach full charge. I replaced the USB cable with a spare one I had lying around and was back in business. Your cable might have gone bad. Wires can break internally or or become disconnected from the plug.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Fast charge in the Note 4 runs from 0% to 50%, after that it's normal charge. 53 minutes for 22% is a bit slow, but that can be accounted for, as both previous posters said, by a bad cable or a loose connection.

(The fast charge is really a marketing gimmick, since you should never let the battery discharge below 40%, so you get that 10% in 6 minutes, then the remaining 50% at normal speed. See The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries.)
Fast charging goes until about 75%. Then it tapers to regular charging

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

InVez

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

I had this problem also. I was always using my phone while charging. And after that charging went slowly even without touching the phone.
I restarted the phone and the battery percentage changed from 16 percent to 75 percent.
It can be a software bug, battery problem, charger problem_usb cable. Try to turn off your phone and put it back on after 2 minutes. Maybe that will help.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

Try a different USB cable... When I had my Note 2, it suddenly started charging very slowly one day. It was taking twice as long to reach full charge. I replaced the USB cable with a spare one I had lying around and was back in business. Your cable might have gone bad. Wires can break internally or or become disconnected from the plug.

I've used different cables and used these cables on different note 4s mine is the only one that charges this way.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

I only quickly glanced at the posts up to this point but I have a feeling people are chiming in without really looking at the battery graph that you posted . . .

3-20-2015 12-20-01 PM.jpg

Draw some lines up from the bars below to the upper graph and you can see some things . . .

1. In general your device is AWAKE most of the time. That's bad for battery . . . period . .
2. Your screen is on a lot during charging . . why is that?
3. When the screen is off during charging the charging rate is high (see the part between the 3rd and 4th yellow dashed lines I drew?).
4. Your mobile signal while charging is low in strength which will impact power consumption, PARTICULARLY if youre using the device while charging and you're not on wifi.

If the image you posted isn't typical of what's general use for you then ignore this post but taken at face value I think what needs to be addressed is the fact that for maximum charge speed one should reduce load on the battery while charging. If not . . then heat will be a factor and charging speed may be reduced to protect the battery from overheating.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I only quickly glanced at the posts up to this point but I have a feeling people are chiming in without really looking at the battery graph that you posted . . .

View attachment 167610

Draw some lines up from the bars below to the upper graph and you can see some things . . .

1. In general your device is AWAKE most of the time. That's bad for battery . . . period . .
2. Your screen is on a lot during charging . . why is that?
3. When the screen is off during charging the charging rate is high (see the part between the 3rd and 4th yellow dashed lines I drew?).
4. Your mobile signal while charging is low in strength which will impact power consumption, PARTICULARLY if youre using the device while charging and you're not on wifi.

If the image you posted isn't typical of what's general use for you then ignore this post but taken at face value I think what needs to be addressed is the fact that for maximum charge speed one should reduce load on the battery while charging. If not . . then heat will be a factor and charging speed may be reduced to protect the battery from overheating.

For the most part that is typical use. Charging had never been an issue even when I was using the phone. What's really crazy is that it now seems as if my battery is lasting longer than normal except when it goes 20%then I can watch it drain

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. When I connect my charger it says USB charge ing instead of AC charging which would trigger the fast charging.

Note in my house!

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. When I connect my charger it says USB charge ing instead of AC charging which would trigger the fast charging.

Note in my house!

I just noticed mine is saying the same thing (USB charging)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-22-00-28-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-22-00-28-05.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 189

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
When I plug my charger in it doesn't say fast charger connected anymore? Does it say that for other people's?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress