Verizon Note 4 update

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
In all these years of having like 8 different android phones, never had any problems upgrding to the latest OS. Nocking on wood. Do not know why some people looks like have problems, complains

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Why? So you can battle all of the issues everyone else has with Lollipop?

Personally I think the Verizon Note 4, coupled with Nova and a couple specific apps (dislock for one), already has all of the features I really want from Lollipop but I still have the stability and battery life of Kitkat. I'm happy Verizon is waiting until it is right before rolling it out.

They rolled it out on the S5 way too early and it was a mess.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

Battery life on Lollipop is actually quite better than KitKat.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
If a tree falls in the woods and no one else is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If Verizon is rolling out Lollipop update and no one has it, how the heck is it rolling out.

Posted via the Android Central App

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
If a tree falls in the woods and no one else is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If Verizon is rolling out Lollipop update and no one has it, how the heck is it rolling out.

Be patient you'll get it eventually. Meanwhile life goes on.

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Be patient you'll get it eventually. Meanwhile life goes on.

Not impatient at all, fine with kitkat. I just don't like the fact that there are news article posting that it is rolling out, when it obviously is not.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes but if you want to stay with kitkat use the file manger that comes with your note 4 you can still write to it and I just found apps that work to write also like my back up app

I would like to use 3rd party gallery and music player and be able to edit and delete files on the SD.

Tamaria LeRoy

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm a note 4 Verizon customer and I'm been awaiting the lollipop update since other wireless competitors hve been rolling out their updates. I'm actually disappointed bcuz I also own a galaxy tab s 10.5 and received my lollipop update of 5.0.2 frm kit Kat 4.4.4 a week ago. So I'm jus wondering why Verizon only has a 5.0 update when other devices hve 5.0.1 or 5.0.2 instead. Smh... Really!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Not impatient at all, fine with kitkat. I just don't like the fact that there are news article posting that it is rolling out, when it obviously is not.

This is what happened with the M8 Lollipop update for Verizon. It was a couple days after someone posted the Verizon update page screen shot before the update actually started.

My guess is the severs are being prepped and it will start late this afternoon or tonight.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Read the original post... that's how this whole thing started. The OP seems to have received something really big followed by another smaller update, then nothing at all. May have been a mistake that Verizon pulled back? It wouldn't been the first time that an OTA was released by mistake from Verizon. I wish I could remember it... it was around Christmas maybe 2 years ago?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Give it a few days. And the news article has nothing to do with my post. I made it before that was even posted. Like I said I factory reset because whatever it was would not install the second update. After the reset there was nothing.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
The update is live now, I'm in NYC but I didn't update. I'm outside and waiting to see which lollipop version 5.0, 5.0.1 or 5.0.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez