Verizon Note 4 update

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Since they changed the battery monitor, is there a simple way to see screen on time or any way to see screen on time for that matter?
Screen on time is still available. Just click on the screen usage percentage.
The thing that bugs me is that the usage only shows % of the % of battery that was used.
In other words, battery is down 5% and screen on time used 1% of the 5.
uploadfromtaptalk1428098324108.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1428098344662.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cnotes63

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Have anyone use the HD voice calling yet? Me and my homeboy did it's nice you can switch from video to call with no problems an it sounds so clear

Posted via the Android Central App

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When you say "scrolling wallpaper", do you mean infinite scrolling (being able to continuously scroll home screen panels or app drawer to the left or right instead of them stopping and having to scroll back)? If so, Verizon disables it for some unknown reason (other carriers leave it). :( Unfortunately, root access would be needed to re-enable it (like the Note 2, see this thread). But so far no root access yet for the retail version of the Verizon Note 4.

Not continuous scrolling. Say if you have a wider angle wallpaper and you scroll left or right to the next page, the wallpaper shifts in that direction to make it seem that the wallpaper is wider. Sorta like a 3d effect if you will.

IrishSoul

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Just upgraded, battery drained super quick. Charged and at 97% says I have 2 hours? . So.... What are next steps... To resolve 2 hour battery life?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-03-20-18-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-20-18-00.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 227

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Just upgraded, battery drained super quick. Charged and at 97% says I have 2 hours? . So.... What are next steps... To resolve 2 hour battery life?

I hope you are kidding, but if not the next step is to just wait. There is too little data for the phone to give you an accurate prediction of your battery time left. You will see it adapt pretty quickly over the next couple hours.

latinking91

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site

Mine was like that at first too. Just give it time it'll settle in. Just charge your battery to 100 and see if that makes a difference.

Posted via My Note 4

D850

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I updated to lollipop this afternoon and noticed my note 4 was lagging so I wiped the device cache and it fixed that for the most part but I then also discovered that the update ruined wifi connection speeds wifi is slower than molasses in winter now the 1 or 2 bars of 4g is faster and I have 50+mbps internet connection but the phone pulls half that according to the speed test app but yet when I go to surf the net on wifi it is useless!! and takes a long time to login to clash of clans game for example. Any idea what is going on with my note 4???? I am glad I am still within my 14 day return window so I can go swap it out if need be. Any help would be appreciated

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I updated to lollipop this afternoon and noticed my note 4 was lagging so I wiped the device cache and it fixed that for the most part but I then also discovered that the update ruined wifi connection speeds wifi is slower than molasses in winter now the 1 or 2 bars of 4g is faster and I have 50+mbps internet connection but the phone pulls half that according to the speed test app but yet when I go to surf the net on wifi it is useless!! and takes a long time to login to clash of clans game for example. Any idea what is going on with my note 4???? I am glad I am still within my 14 day return window so I can go swap it out if need be. Any help would be appreciated

Try a cache wipe, and if that doesn't work, factory reset.

TheGauntlet

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Just wrapped up the update with no glitches so far. Wiped cache but didn't do factory reset yet, waiting to see if needed. Who has ideas on what apps to test for issues. Play store and Facebook updated, otherwise nothing else has needed updating. Wifi seems to work fine. Too late to call anyone. Battery life yet to be determined, too soon. Video calling is there. Facebook works. Just noticed that in developer options, it keeps your preference to shut off the animations but there is no ART/DALVIK toggle. Guess Dalvik is dead and buried.