going raw dog

Brian Kenny

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of taking my screen protector off... anybody else doing this and if so, are you getting any micro scratches??? Let me know please...

Posted via the Android Central App

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I did after having a Skinomi on my Edge. No regrets. No micro scratches. Happy going raw dog here. Of course, I am careful to a point of OCD.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Been thinking about doing so. I've no known/visible surface screen scratches on the iPhone 5 that I had for some two (2) years. The SGN.IV I now have the VzW Rep applied while I was in store. Maybe just to lazy to remove on my part.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thinking of taking my screen protector off... anybody else doing this and if so, are you getting any micro scratches??? Let me know please...

I have nothing on my screen, never have, except a reusable protector on my Note 2, for like 5 minutes.

I never get scratches, but my phone never goes in my purse, only in my pocket and only by itself. I've been through 7 Galaxy Series phones and never a scratch, not a single tiny scratch, ever.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Raw dog screen since I got it. Still looks good. The glass on the phone is stronger and more scratch resistant than any stoopid screen protector

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Raw dog screen since I got it. Still looks good. The glass on the phone is stronger and more scratch resistant than any stoopid screen protector

I don't necessarily agree with that. The Zagg tempered glass is much scratch resistance vs the gorilla glass that the Note 4 has. I can use my key and try to scratch the surface of the zagg tempered glass but it's almost impossible.

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The Note 4 is the first device for which I didn't buy any display protection. The glass feels so nice and smooth that I didn't want to cover it with anything. I don't use a case either.

Slantize

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
i've been using mine with no case or screen protector since i got it in early december. i have maybe 3 or 4 microscratches, can't see them except in perfect lighting with screen off. i usually prefer to use screen protectors but can't stand the halo from curved glass, had the same problem with my old at&t htc one x awhile back

should mention that i don't baby the device, as i have no plans to keep it - it was purchased on an at&t next plan and will be traded in at the end, just like the moto x; i don't love it enough to keep it :p

Last edited:

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have nothing on my screen, never have, except a reusable protector on my Note 2, for like 5 minutes.

I never get scratches, but my phone never goes in my purse, only in my pocket and only by itself. I've been through 7 Galaxy Series phones and never a scratch, not a single tiny scratch, ever.
I've also never used a screen protector on any phone I've owned. I think one of my old blackberrys got a little scratch on the screen but that's it.

I hate the look and feel of all screen protectors.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I work at a hardware store. Come in contact with all kinds of materials and junk. No scratches.

All it takes is one piece of sandy dust. Anything with grit. Don't put your phone where you keep nail file. In a pocket after you go to the beach etc.

Keys will never scratch gorrila glass.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah and it's free and takes 30 seconds to replace the screen protector if it does happen to get scratched. If your screen got scratched, it would be hundreds of dollars and two weeks to ship it off to have it replaced and then sent back.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i've been using mine with no case or screen protector since i got it in early december. i have maybe 3 or 4 microscratches, can't see them except in perfect lighting with screen off. i usually prefer to use screen protectors but can't stand the halo from curved glass, had the same problem with my old at&t htc one x awhile back

should mention that i don't baby the device, as i have no plans to keep it - it was purchased on an at&t next plan and will be traded in at the end, just like the moto x; i don't love it enough to keep it :p

I don't keep mine either. I baby them to get high price when I sell them, and I always get it.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Scratched screens don't bother me much. I have faith in gorrila glass and my ability to not be careless. As long as it functions properly it's worth it to not have extra crap on the screen. I use a minimal case with raised lip that protects from dropping and protects the screen enough.