Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 AT&T. Software upgrade/

Or.... It could be the OS.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤

Which is why I said a reflash or having the OS removed and put back on. It isn't Lollipop or everyone with Lollipop would be having the issue.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I've already stated I'm waiting for the fix.
There are numerous reports, here, on tech sites, and on general pubs of issues with Lollipop.
If it were my phone, those reports would not exist.
Shall I find those and attach them here?

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I've already stated I'm waiting for the fix.
There are numerous reports, here, on tech sites, and on general pubs of issues with Lollipop.
If it were my phone, those reports would not exist

No one is doubting that the Lollipop update has caused some problems with some phones. But the majority of Note 4's including mine have been perfect since the update. My battery life is great and there is absolutely no lag (using Nova).

Posted via the Android Central App

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Battery life isnt bad or great.
Id say a charger at home at work and in the car does it. Fast charging though not the old regular chargers. As for lag touchwiz does have hiccups and i was forced to install nova and works like a charm and the icon chaging is the best. Customize your phone as you see fit.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

No one is doubting that the Lollipop update has caused some problems with some phones. But the majority of Note 4's including mine have been perfect since the update. My battery life is great and there is absolutely no lag (using Nova).

That's my point. I'm not raging against the device. I love the device. I'm simply saying that it was much better on Kitkat. But I'm not interested in spending the time to flash the same OS because I have no faith that anything will change and therefore I'm unwilling to invest in the effort.
I'm happy for those whose devices are running fine. But mine, on Lollipop, everything else remaining constant, has suffered in its performance. And the only thing that changed was the OS.
So I will wait for the fix which, from what I'm reading, could be mid August, at around the unveiling of the Note 5.

I'm unwilling to accept the idea that it's my device. Not with all the reports of issues.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

My AT&T Note 4 still can't forward calls post Lollipop. AT&T readily acknowledges this. If you're able to forward calls from your Lolliplopped Note 4 to your Gear S, Nexus, or iPhone, etc. do count yourself as fortunate. For some reason, the thought briefly crosses my mind to sell my Note 4 and Gear S.

from the Elegance

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

My AT&T Note 4 still can't forward calls post Lollipop. AT&T readily acknowledges this. If you're able to forward calls from your Lolliplopped Note 4 to your Gear S, Nexus, or iPhone, etc. do count yourself as fortunate. For some reason, the thought briefly crosses my mind to sell my Note 4 and Gear S.

from the Elegance
No don't!!! Wait until the Note 5 unveiling. 5.1 should be out then!

Maisoumenos

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ever since this update my phone has been randomly restarting on its own. And now it is stuck in a never ending loop of restarts, unless 1) it's plug into the charger or 2) it's in ultra power saving mode. In which case the phone stays on and doesn't restart. Has anyone encountered this before? Is it my battery that is causing this and not the most recent update? All help/suggestions will be appreciated, thank you

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ever since this update my phone has been randomly restarting on its own. And now it is stuck in a never ending loop of restarts, unless 1) it's plug into the charger or 2) it's in ultra power saving mode. In which case the phone stays on and doesn't restart. Has anyone encountered this before? Is it my battery that is causing this and not the most recent update? All help/suggestions will be appreciated, thank you
Mine gets into a cycle where the screen goes dark then comes back to a blank screen with only the wallpaper and no icons. Then if I touch the screen it goes back to black.
The only way out of this cycle is to do a battery pull because not even a restart with the power button will work.

This never happened on KitKat.

Maisoumenos

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Man that sucks. I didn't experience any problems on kit kat either. To be fair though my problems only started last week after that security update, so lollipop was good to me before then. I don't know what to do though, even a battery pull doesn't help. I honestly don't want to do a factory reset as I genuinely don't believe it will work. And I'll be upset to go through all of that only for the problem to still be there. I saw you and a couple people mention that you believe 5.1 could come with the release of the note 5, so I think I'm going to just wait until then to see if that update arrives and works. If not then I'll have no choice but to factory reset I guess

Maisoumenos

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Man that sucks. I didn't experience any problems on kit kat either. To be fair though my problems only started last week after that security update, so lollipop was good to me before then. I don't know what to do though, even a battery pull doesn't help. I honestly don't want to do a factory reset as I genuinely don't believe it will work. And I'll be upset to go through all of that only for the problem to still be there. I saw you and a couple people mention that you believe 5.1 could come with the release of the note 5, so I think I'm going to just wait until then to see if that update arrives and works. If not then I'll have no choice but to factory reset I guess

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Yup I'm reading a lot of people saying that the fix will come with 5.1. I've done the reset so I'll wait for the fix.
Only a couple of weeks. Then I'll have my SEXY BEAST behaving again.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have this scary feeling that 5.1 isn't coming to the Note 4 as soon as a couple of weeks. I hope I'm wrong.

Sent from the Elegance

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

That's my point. I'm not raging against the device. I love the device. I'm simply saying that it was much better on Kitkat. But I'm not interested in spending the time to flash the same OS because I have no faith that anything will change and therefore I'm unwilling to invest in the effort.
I'm happy for those whose devices are running fine. But mine, on Lollipop, everything else remaining constant, has suffered in its performance. And the only thing that changed was the OS.
So I will wait for the fix which, from what I'm reading, could be mid August, at around the unveiling of the Note 5.

I'm unwilling to accept the idea that it's my device. Not with all the reports of issues.

No lollipop is not worse for everyone. Verizon has had ore issues than everyone. Reflashing takes 5 minutes. When you don't get a good download you can get a corrupted update, also you can sometimes get a corrupted update with a good download. This is why I prefer to update online and not OTA.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

No lollipop is not worse for everyone. Verizon has had ore issues than everyone. Reflashing takes 5 minutes. When you don't get a good download you can get a corrupted update, also you can sometimes get a corrupted update with a good download. This is why I prefer to update online and not OTA.

When did I say Lollipop was worse for everybody? Please check back to my numerous instances of the use of "my" and "mine."

I also stated before that I have no interest in reflashing the same OS. I stated that I would wait for the fix. The fact that there is a *fix* coming proves that there is an underlying issue for someone other than myself. The fact that there are numerous reports of problems further prove that it's not an issue isolated to my device. However, I did not say that this was a universal or global issue. Clearly, there is an issue, clearly it's not global.

This update ruined my perfectly good device. I have no faith in the same OS. I am not the only person who has experienced trouble. I don't care to reflash the same OS.

I'm hoping I'm clear.

Last edited:

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

When did I say Lollipop was worse for everybody? Please check back to my numerous instances of the use of "my" and "mine."

I also stated before that I have no interest in reflashing the same OS. I stated that I would wait for the fix. The fact that there is a *fix* coming proves that there is an underlying issue for someone other than myself. The fact that there are numerous reports of problema further prove that it's not an issue isolated to my device. However, I did not say that this was a universal or global issue. Clearly, there is an issue, clearly it's not global.

This update ruined my perfectly good device. I have no faith in the same OS. I am not the only person who has experienced trouble. I don't care to reflash the same OS.

I'm hoping I'm clear.

No, it's you. That's why this is happening. Lollipop just has it in for you . LOL!! :-*

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

No, it's you. That's why this is happening. Lollipop just has it in for you . LOL!! :-*

BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ooooo how are you?!?!?!? :-*

yah....seems I'm just the focus of Lollipop's attention.....:p

VManiac16

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My Note 4 has been continually reboot after this last update. I've even dropped out to some sort of bootloader prompt where it is talking about ODIN. Mind you I'm not rooted or anything. I'm going to go to the AT&T store this evening as I talked with them yesterday and they suggested just replacing the device. It is under warranty so that is easily possible. If I knew more about the operation of the phone I might understand the issue better. It is weird that some phone experience this after an update while others don't. I'm assuming some of the components are in some sort of lot that is effected by something in the update ...

VManiac16