The first note I won't buy? (all discussion about lack of microSD and removable battery must go here)

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Will Samsung bring back the SD Card slot for the Note 6 ?

I thought i just read Samsung reporting big gains for this year's models. I don't understand these comments?

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

There is a reason the Note 5 performs as it does. Samsung said phones with sealed batteries and no SD card perform much better. Seems that is true.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

There is a reason the Note 5 performs as it does. Samsung said phones with sealed batteries and no SD card perform much better. Seems that is true.

Ya right. Like making a battery non-removable has anything to do performance.

Also, seems like other phone makers are able to keep in the SD card slot and still main performance.

Face it, Samsung got caught with their pants down, and now they have to repair the damage.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I think, Note 5, S6, and Edge are the best phone Samsung ever made. I don't miss removable battery and SD slot at all. I only hope Samsung would provide bug fix, security update and Android version update sooner. That is what I care more.

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, their sales numbers are up with the note 5 and s6 edge plus, so I don't see where you guys think they screwed up lol

p33l05

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

moving to Samsung from iPhone I am happy about the USB OTG functionality.. not exactly difficult to plug in a USB disk when you need it..

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

It's doubtful. . I honestly don't mind..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Ya right. Like making a battery non-removable has anything to do performance.

Also, seems like other phone makers are able to keep in the SD card slot and still main performance.

Face it, Samsung got caught with their pants down, and now they have to repair the damage.

Actually it does have something to do with performance. Seems phones with sealed batteries have a lot less issues and problems.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Also Samsung is planning on opening more walk in service areas in the US, that have them around the world. I think that I'd an indication they won't be going back to removable batteries.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

i dont miss it at all. an the stock did tank around may 1st but its definitely on the way back UP and about 10% off from where it was IIRC

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, their sales numbers are up with the note 5 and s6 edge plus, so I don't see where you guys think they screwed up lol

They screwed up by taking the rf blaster off, and they should have made the 64 available for purchase on release date

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I used my remote on my Note 4, maybe twice. It was more convenient to pick up the remote and press one button.

I've not missed the IR blaster once. I like having things on my SD card, especially pictures, ring tones and memes. I just had to organize that stuff on the cloud and I don't download one to my phone until I want it. Funny.. I have a lot less junk on my phone than I did on my SD card..

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site

There's been several articles stating the Galaxy s7 coming out early next year will have SD card slot. Thats good news for some but id rather have a 128gb model personally.... After this last tmobile update for s6e plus and note 5 I don't miss the removable battery nearly as much before. It gets me through a whole day at work now then I just plug into my car fast charger on way home from work and I'm good the rest of the night.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

They are guessing about the SD card for the S7. The S7 isn't even a confirmed phone yet. There have been filings for 3 variants, one with a possible SD card.

There were the same rumors about the Note 5 just weeks before it was revealed.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Well I know they are obviously rumors or best guesses but it's better than hearing they definitely won't have them for the people that want them. Like I said I'd prefer the 128gb on board storage option personally. We will just have to wait and see.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Supply us proof of this where is this comming from

I doubt there is proof. That's one of the craziest things I ever heard. A battery just provides power to your phone.

And to every one else who keeps saying they want a 126gb version. If there was an SD card slot, it wouldn't matter because you can put whichever sized card in there you want.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I doubt there is proof. That's one of the craziest things I ever heard. A battery just provides power to your phone.

And to every one else who keeps saying they want a 126gb version. If there was an SD card slot, it wouldn't matter because you can put whichever sized card in there you want.

This is the same user telling everyone that all Verizon smartphone have high WiFi and system battery drain problems just got the turbo 2 and have yet to see any of these issues I think he needs to get his facts straight or supply proof of his comments