New "Fast Charge" Wireless Puck in today - couple of pictures.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Got the new Samsung fast charge wireless charging puck in today, here's a couple of pictures of what's in the box.

Black puck comes with a white Adaptive Fast Charger and white USB cable (what happen to matching cables & charger?) :p

Wonder if you just use the Adaptive Fast Charger with the original puck would get the same results

Will try it out later tonight and see what it does.

puck01.jpgpuck02.jpgpuck03.jpgpuck04.jpg

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. The fast charger that comes with it actually charges faster than the puck can. Since you have to have the high speed charger/cable to power the puck you could just as easily stick the cable in to the phone. This is a luxury item and you're paying for the convenience of "grab and go." It's a cool toy and being so easy to use my phone's now always charged. Does anyone "need" it? Hell no. With that said pricing kind of becomes secondary. ;)

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine that it would save wear and tear on your micro usb port on your phone by not having to constantly plug and unplug.

Posted via the Android Central App

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a fan in the puck. Unfortunately it is not like an air hockey table. That would be cool if it hovered and charged. Got mine today also

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

sshafranko

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I would imagine that it would save wear and tear on your micro usb port on your phone by not having to constantly plug and unplug.

Exactly. Some people are very ruff with the plug. My wife is one of them. After i saw her plug it in a few times i immediately went out and got one for her S5.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Samsung needs to do a trade in program for all the weak wireless chargers given out during the s6e plus and n5 debacle at best buy.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I was going to do the same thing, and then I saw the price....I might still get one....
I did pick this one up a few weeks ago.....
TYLT - VU Wireless Charger - Black
It's not a fast charger, but it works pretty well. I have it on my desk next to my computer. It comes in handy.....the phone is standing up so I can peek at it and use it for something quick if I need to, and it charges pretty well.....

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just put my phone on it and I swear I can hear a fan running inside of the puck. :p

I plan to get one... my current wireless charger is placed next to my bed, about 1 foot from my pillow.

Is the internal fan on the fast charging wireless charger loud? Or will I hear it while I try to sleep? :(

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I plan to get one... my current wireless charger is placed next to my bed, about 1 foot from my pillow.

Is the internal fan on the fast charging wireless charger loud? Or will I hear it while I try to sleep? :(

It's not loud at all. If you are in a dead quiet room you will notice it though.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not loud at all. If you are in a dead quiet room you will notice it though.

guess I'll have to try it to find out.... I can't stand any noise. I built a PC with silent GPU and CPU coolers, but the power supply can still be heard, so I ended up placing the PC case in the next room (drilled a 1" hole in the wall so the monitor/keyboard/mouse/speaker cables can go through) I also installed new soundproof windows and door so I even hear the sound of rain/thunder from the outside.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: New "Fast Charge" Wireless Puck in today - couple of pictures.

guess I'll have to try it to find out.... I can't stand any noise. I built a PC with silent GPU and CPU coolers, but the power supply can still be heard, so I ended up placing the PC case in the next room (drilled a 1" hole in the wall so the monitor/keyboard/mouse/speaker cables can go through) I also installed new soundproof windows and door so I even hear the sound of rain/thunder from the outside.
Wow. A silent world would absolutely drive me nuts. I'm used to there always being noise, as I'm a truck driver and a father of 5.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
PT Platinum Case
Stylus inserted correctly
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: New "Fast Charge" Wireless Puck in today - couple of pictures.

Wow. A silent world would absolutely drive me nuts. I'm used to there always being noise, as I'm a truck driver and a father of 5.

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
64 GB
Black Sapphire
PT Platinum Case
Stylus inserted correctly
Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
Sprint PCS

I had a dog and "traded" it in for a cat instead. Cats are so quiet. :) (except when they are hungry)

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's the charger I've been using for my Note 5. I used it for my Nexus 5. It doesn't fast charge but it's on my nightstand so I wake up and it's fully charged and that's all I care about. But I love the way it looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non