note 5 "not charging" notification issue

RequiemMaestro

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Recent got my phone and have loved it. However, just tonight it has started sending me notifications sporadically (sometimes every 15-60 seconds) saying it's not charging or that "the dock is not connected."

This needs to stop. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix this? I'm a bit new to android so forgive me if this is a simple fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jmillerlakeside

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Recent got my phone and have loved it. However, just tonight it has started sending me notifications sporadically (sometimes every 15-60 seconds) saying it's not charging or that "the dock is not connected."

This needs to stop. Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix this? I'm a bit new to android so forgive me if this is a simple fix.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine is doing the same thing! It just started a few days back and is driving me insane. Any help would be appreciated!

Edward Binion1

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
My phone started doing the same but also "Gear VR" will randomly start. This all came from nowhere. I've tried hard reboot but didn't help. It will charge though.

Michael Tickle

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
HAd this happen to my note 5 finally found you tube video you need to take a tooth brush and clean out the charging port real good may have to do it several time I used a dry electric tooth brush and it hasn't popped up and battery notifications since.

Bonsai808

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem.... SO FRUSTRATING! They referred me to Samsung. here my chat session with Samsung:

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Haribabu S'. The reference number for this chat is 4323983383. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Haribabu S: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
Doug: Good morning
Haribabu S: Hello Doug.
Doug: So, Im having the same exact problem with my Note 5 that I had a few weeks ago
Doug: Verizon had me do a hard reset on it then... it worked for about 2 weeks
Haribabu S: Please give me a moment to review the information you have shared.
Doug: searching the web, thousands of others are having the same problem
Doug: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...2-note-5-not-charging-notification-issue.html
Doug: My phone is once again useless
Haribabu S: It is sad that this happened. Let’s see if there is anything we can do to help the situation.
Haribabu S: I appreciate your patience and efforts in trying to troubleshoot the issue.
Haribabu S: I understand that the phone says that it's not charging or that "the dock is not connected." Am I correct?
Doug: Yes... constantly
Doug: it isnt even plugged in!
Doug: and when it is plugged in ... it almost never charges. It is on a original charger and my wife's S6 charges just fine on it
Haribabu S: You have performed all the required troubleshooting steps and since the issue persists, the device needs to be serviced.
Haribabu S: What is the IMEI number in Apps>>Settings>>About device>>Status in the phone?
Doug: I dont want a serviced or refurbished phone
Doug: Ive spent tons of time on this issue
Doug: 990005892730863
Haribabu S: Thank you for the information.
Haribabu S: I understand your concern with this issue.
Doug: Obviously, Samsung sold thousands of faulty phones
Doug: that is obvious
Doug: my S4 never had a problem like this... it always worked
Doug: and all my Samsung tablets work great too
Doug: but this POS is horrible
Haribabu S: There are no reported issues with the phones.
Doug: you have to be kidding
Doug: I can send you links to at least a dozen websites right now... including Verizons own troublehsoooting site
Haribabu S: The other options would be as follows:
Haribabu S: 1. Check with carrier for any additional alternatives they may have.
Haribabu S: 2. If you have insurance that maybe another avenue to explore.
Haribabu S: 3. Contact the place of purchase to see what they might offer through their own procedure.
Haribabu S: 4. I can setup a repair service for you or you can file it on your own from Samsung website.
Haribabu S: Which option you wish to go with?
Doug: I want to speak with a managear please
Doug: manager
Haribabu S: Please be online while I transfer the chat to my supervisor.
Chat InformationPlease wait while I transfer the chat to 'Srikanth M'.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Srikanth M'. The reference number for this chat is 4323983383. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Srikanth M: Hi Doug, this is Srikanth and I am the floor supervisor.
Doug: Good morning
Doug: I need help with a Note 5 I bought from Verizon a few months ago
Doug: I have nothing but problems with it ever since
Doug: about a few weeks it starts getting error messages poping up constantly saying it cannot dock.... this happens every 1-2 seconds
Doug: making the phone useless
Doug: it is not even plugged in at the time
Doug: then ... eventually Samsung Gear VR will try to load
Doug: even though Verizon walked me though disabling this app
Doug: I have performed soft resets and even 2 factory resets on it since I have had... all at the request of Verizon
Srikanth M: That must be bothering you. Let me see what best I can do for you.
Doug: Searching the web, I have found thousands of cases of the same thing
Doug: even on Verizon's own support chat area
Doug: Obviously, Samsung pushed to market a phone that wasnt ready
Srikanth M: As you have already tried resetting the device to factory settings, this seems to be an issue with the device software/hardware which can be determined at our service center.
Doug: My old S4 had no problems... my wife's current S6 has no problems... and our three Samsung tablets have no problems
Doug: Seriously... I dont have time to deal with sending this in having your technicians try to fix it
Doug: which may or may not help
Srikanth M: I can recommend you contact the carrier or purchase store for any insurance or exchange warranty (or) I will be glad in filing a service request to send the device for repair to Samsung service center.
Srikanth M: We will bring the device in for evaluation, and the repair technician will determine if the cause of damage is due to defect or an external source. If a defect is found by external source, you will receive an email with the option to pay for repair. If the damage is caused by a defect, the device will be repaired under warranty.
Srikanth M: Let me check if there is any walk in service center available at your location.
Srikanth M: May I have your Zip code please?
Doug: Wow... this is likely going to be the last Samsung device we buy... I had no idea your service was so poor
Doug: 30101
Srikanth M: Thank you.
Doug: so, is the service this poor for all Samsung devices?
Doug: phones, tv's, tablets, etc..
Srikanth M: Not really Doug.
Doug: its a good thing most of your products work great out of the box ... including our tv's
Srikanth M: Thank you for your feedback on this.
Doug: Ive never had a problem until now
Srikanth M: I am sorry that there are no walk in service centers available at your location.
Srikanth M: The TAT (Turn-around-Time) for the phone service is 2 business days for shipping + 5-7 business days for Service + 2 business days for shipping back.
Srikanth M: Shall I go ahead and file a service request?
Doug: So, i am out of a phone for 1-2 weeks??
Doug: Taht is your solution?
Srikanth M: Please do understand the limitations from Samsung as we here are bound to Samsung policies and cannot go beyond those.
Srikanth M: In this case, I recommend you to contact our voice support team to check for any alternate options.
Doug: I dont even know what that means
Doug: Just an FYI, I do plan on sharing your fabulous solution with Twitter, Facebook and other social media followers. Not that Samsung would care... but it might cost at last a few sales.
Doug: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...2-note-5-not-charging-notification-issue.html
Srikanth M: I am sorry if I am sounding helpless. We in live chat deal only with troubleshooting part and have limited authorities. I would have surely helped you had there been any other options from my end.
Srikanth M: I recommend you to contact our voice support team and check if they can help you further.
Doug: Unfortunately I canot call anyone because my phone DOESNT work
Srikanth M: I see your point. I have helped you with all the available options from my end.
Doug: So, no solution that works
Doug: thank you
Doug: Great support
Srikanth M: If you wish, I can go ahead and file a service request for you right away, else you can try contacting our voice support team later as per your convenience.
Srikanth M: You can contact our voice support at 1-888-987-4357, Mon-Fri: 7 AM - 2 AM (CST), Sat: 9 AM - 10 PM (CST).
Srikanth M: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Doug: Obviously nothing you will help me with

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89