Best minimal case for Note 5

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
There has to be a happy medium, right? Not too thin, so it provides some drop protection. But not too thick that it's too bulky. Doesn't this case exist for the Note 5 ??

For me, the answer yes... I've been pretty consistent about my opinion in this thread, as well as in the sticky "case" thread...

But it is just that...my opinion... YMMV...

• Caseology Vault
  • Verus Verge
  • Verus High Pro Shield

RC51 RIDER

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Mine is a UAG case with minimal bulk and with excellent protection if you ever drop your phone

Posted via the Android Central App RC51 RIDER W/ NOTE 5

Last edited:

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I started with an artech21 case that I bought at Verizon store. Found it too thick and kind of sticky getting in and out of pocket. My wife had a poetic affinity on her iphone 6s which I really liked, so I got one for myself and I really like it. A bit of protection, clear to show of the black sapphire back, and nice grip on the edges without being too big.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I found this on amazon but i would love it without the front ocverhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B014H65BH4/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?qid=1447970868&sr=8-15&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=galaxy+note+5+tpu&dpPl=1&dpID=41NjPuJYYnL&ref=plSrch
61xbBKbnJuL._SL1500_.jpg

Sirromey

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Have you looked at the Samsung clear case? Its very minimal, looks good and they have specific colors to match the color of your note. The bumpers are raised in the corner, but no protection on the side so you can still feel the phones buttons.

However, i dont think it will offer much in terms of drop protection.

Posted on my Note 5

Dhanikz

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Not a fan of the spigen case, it's all gel and will turn yellow after a while, the one i listed is a TPU but has the metal sides and just looks and feels much better and won't turn yellow, i actually had the case spigen case and dumped it for the versus case i posted a link to...
The liquid crystal case is TPU. I've used it over a month and it hasn't yellowed. I do maintain it well.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Have you looked at the Samsung clear case? Its very minimal, looks good and they have specific colors to match the color of your note. The bumpers are raised in the corner, but no protection on the side so you can still feel the phones buttons.

However, i dont think it will offer much in terms of drop protection.

Posted on my Note 5

I just picked up the one for the black sapphire... Real nice..perfect fit.
I have a tpu but am not into cases so this is perfect to just prevent the back and camera from scratches. No drop protection..

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike_786

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I really recommend the spigen rugged armour case. Really cheap on eBay, then, feels really good, nice design, and really thin.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Ah...sorry... Re-read the OP post... This case would not work for you since you are buying a case to avoid your previous experience with dropping the phone...

Good luck... Drop protection and "minimalist" design have an inverse relationship...

My "go-to" cases that I think are a good trade-off between size and drop protection are the Verus High Pro Shield and the Verus Verge cases... I also like the Vault series from Caseology...

I like the buttons on the Verus cases better than the hard rubber injection molded buttons of the Caseology Vault... The buttons on the Vault are harder to press, while the Verus buttons are like real buttons (and depress very easily...maybe too easily for some)...

Images of all cases mentioned below...

Verus High Pro Shield in Electric Blue
View attachment 206414

Verus Verge in Military Green
View attachment 206417

Caseology Vault
View attachment 206419

Those are some sweet looking cases.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I really recommend the spigen rugged armour case. Really cheap on eBay, then, feels really good, nice design, and really thin.
I wouldn't buy on eBay except through the Spigen official store. There are probably fakes out there

robert_paul

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
As much as I appreciate everyones advice I was convinced by the thickness and the overall quality of this case just ordered it on amazon and will receive it Sunday

View attachment 206567

That's great what's the color you ordered? I had a black Spigen Slim Fit before and I got tired of its look as it didn't match my gold phone lol. I also think that the grip on this Nillkin case is better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress