Air Command greyed out after Marshmallow update

nicrom72

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Air command no longer works when I take the s pen out. If I go into settings, air command is greyed out and won't let me turn it on. Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
On my Verizon Note 5 when I pull out the S pen when the phone is open I get the air command screen. If I click on the Setting Gear in the lower left of the screen I get the Air Command menu which shows two options, Shortcuts and Floating icon. if I then click on Shortcuts I get the screen to add and change the short cuts on the air command screen.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Suggesting in the event the following hasn't been tried.

Settings\S Pen\Pen detachment\Detachment options has choices for "Air command", "Action memo", or "None".

Maybe somehow "None" was set?

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Suggesting in the event the following hasn't been tried.

Settings\S Pen\Pen detachment\Detachment options has choices for "Air command", "Action memo", or "None".

Maybe somehow "None" was set?

I have mine set to none and can still access air command in settings and it still appears when the Spen is close to screen and button pushed. Sorry, cannot figure out what the problem could be. I looked through all the settings and couldn't find anything that could cause that.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I have mine set to none and can still access air command in settings and it still appears when the Spen is close to screen and button pushed. Sorry, cannot figure out what the problem could be. I looked through all the settings and couldn't find anything that could cause that.
Did you try a factory reset, might fix your issue.

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Greyed out.. did a factory reset and was good for maybe two days and I'm back to it being greyed out. Hopefully a fix is coming. Also, if I use iheart radio, the note 5 will reboot within 10 minutes, now using tunein until it's fixed. Odd!

ranajit saha

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the exact same problem. Greyed out.. did a factory reset and was good for maybe two days and I'm back to it being greyed out. Hopefully a fix is coming. Also, if I use iheart radio, the note 5 will reboot within 10 minutes, now using tunein until it's fixed. Odd!

Is there any way to get it back without factory reset? I am having the same problem of greying out the air command option. Is it the same for all note 5 or is it only for some specific handsets?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like on certain Note 5 models\TouchWiz builds that the issue occurs. Recommend contacting Samsung Support if this happens as it could be a bug as Tonya suggests above.

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Just noticed the Air Command issue as well. Hadn't done a factory reset yet but that is next. Have /had the same iHeartRadio issue but after communicating with them (they also have a beta version working on it) by turning off Bluetooth it doesn't seem to restart the phone.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I have the Sprint version of the Note 5. The only thing I did was install update, update Google Play Services, then update all the apps. Closed everything, turned phone off, cleared cache partition and reboot. Everything works on Air Command on mine.
5555cc4a22fff6444d4f3cd58acec8c2.jpg

b5c62d38ac89251c53cdacc27c15df6a.jpg

Even long screen captures

4b51fccb50ce10cc299f7c44290230b8.jpg

badgerfrisch

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I broke down and did the factory reset and so far Air Command is back. I haven't tried out iHeartRadio yet to see if it still has the shutdown issue.

Sunil Hoon

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Well I broke down and did the factory reset and so far Air Command is back. I haven't tried out iHeartRadio yet to see if it still has the shutdown issue.

Badgerfrisch. Could you help me out here ?
1. After factory reset, it goes back to Android v5?
2. You have to re install all apps and data?
Thanks

Sunil Hoon

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to Samsung support. they said it's a bug. They're working on a fix. Couldn't give a time frame. Just now, Samsung service center person landed up. Said, no patch as yet. He'll have to take my phone and replace the motherboard. Let's see. Will keep you'll informed.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Spoke to Samsung support. they said it's a bug. They're working on a fix. Couldn't give a time frame. Just now, Samsung service center person landed up. Said, no patch as yet. He'll have to take my phone and replace the motherboard. Let's see. Will keep you'll informed.

Sounds like something else may be wrong with your phone. If the grayed out Air Command is apparently a software problem, not sure how replacing the motherboard will solve that. Did the Samsung Service Center person give more details on why the hardware needs to be replaced?

Sunil Hoon

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Motherboard problem with certain Samsung note 5 phones. Not a software problem. Unlike what the Samsung support staff on phone told me. Anyway, I've sent the phone back with the service center people. Should get it back 3/4 days.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Motherboard problem with certain Samsung note 5 phones. Not a software problem. Unlike what the Samsung support staff on phone told me. Anyway, I've sent the phone back with the service center people. Should get it back 3/4 days.

Hope that the issues are fixed when you get the phone back.

kavosh

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I have same problem with galaxy note 5 marshmallow
Please tell me if I factory reset my android version restore to 5 or 6?
And If I wipe partition my apps and data will lost?
Samsung new updates may fix this bug or not? If fix that bug we have waiting for official update