Battery Life

kobmays89

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
My Samsung is tanking pretty bad. I only had 2 hours of SOT and have had to charge the phone twice already. Is anyone else having this problem? How long are your phones lasting? Which features have you disabled to keep battery?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
My Samsung is tanking pretty bad. I only had 2 hours of SOT and have had to charge the phone twice already. Is anyone else having this problem? How long are your phones lasting? Which features have you disabled to keep battery?

I'm having this problem as well. I haven't changed my usage at all, I think my battery is just degrading after over a year of use

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Have you guys all gone into applications and verified that only the things you want running are running and the things that you don't want running are disabled?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Have you guys all gone into applications and verified that only the things you want running are running and the things that you don't want running are disabled?

Yes, mine isn't awful, just doesn't hold up like it used to. But I've been using this thing HARD for over a year now, so I really think it is just a battery degrading

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that's the thing about sealed batteries. When they degrade you have an excuse to get a new phone. For me, I like that excuse as long as my purse agrees.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My battery on the Note5 I have has degraded to around 2400mAh. It is getting about 2 hours less than when new about 14 months ago. I am thinking of getting the battery replaced. Anybody get the battery replaced on theirs?

kobmays89

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes I went into and verified which apps I'm running. I've basically had to disable all the features that make this an awesome phone to get through the day

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The battery in the Note 5 or any sealed battery will definitely degrade over time. My current warranty replacement is averaging 5 to 5.5 or slightly higher SOT. My previous Note 5, after eight months of very hard use, the SOT was 3.5 and dropping.

I can't stand sealed batteries and in the past, just popped in a fresh, new factory battery and kept the older ones as spares. I went on my way happy with a strong battery.

I carry extended warranty as well and at some time will have to go to battle once again with Verizon to get them to send me a refurbished phone, with hopefully a fresh battery.

Dealing with Samsung, I no longer do that! I absolutely hate their distasteful so called customer support. No wonder why the Note 7 failed! They have an ego so huge, the failed phone came back to haunt them.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Find and call a Batteries Plus Store.
They will go into the phone and replace the battery.

That's right! I found a local very reputable cell phone repair shop that will replace Note 5 battery with factory new battery for $72.00. That's comparable to what Apple will charge for an iPhone battery replacement.

I'm still going to push on Verizon as I'm on extended warranty. Being long term customer, they'll bend a little. But it's getting more difficult due to Samsung to get warranty battery degraded replacements. Like I said, Samsung... stinks as a company. Apple with my MacBook Pro Retina is a much better customer service company. If Sammy gives me more hassle, I'm gone!

PDXNW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I've recently been noticing the battery life on my Note 5 has been draining faster than normal. Then today I was at about 30% and my phone turned itself off. When I tried to turn it back on it gave me the 0% message telling me to plug it in. I'm probably right around having owned it for a year.

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have my note 5 for a year and the max sot i have got is 4 hours and that's when I am on wifi completely and data is off. On avg i get 2.5 hrs. But the weird issue i am having recently is when battery is below 15, it reduces drastically and when i charge, immediately battery goes to from say 11 to 15 in a second

Solpete

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a n9208 from a store in Hong Kong. I immediately installed Android 6.0.1. When my battery reaches 20 it drops to 15.. Then to 5 in a minute.. I hope this is just temporary. I fear I got a refurbished phone sent to me. It was in mint condition but the phone didn't have any screen protection on and the box said n9200 but the sticker on the phone n9208. Weird.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They say charge yer battery when it gets to 30%
How many of you sit around a computer and could keep a cord and plug it into the USB port.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo