Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
What if they arrive before the 21st, though? Stop by the store today, pick out a likely representative, and let them know that 'my friend Andrew Jackson here and I would appreciate a text when you get the replacement N7s in'? :D

I didn't even have to introduce her to Andrew Jackson. She wrote a Note on her Note 5 with my phone number and is going to text me. I will SO be there.

Notelover17

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and while on the way out showed me their list. They have several lists...First list is by order to call (by who exchanged phones), and by color (again by who exchanged phones). Their reasoning is that those are the people that listened. So, if my store only gets what they need to do the double-swap, the others are SOL till next shipment.

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue. My daughter is #4 overall, and #3 for silver.

So because I saved my note4 and didn't trade it in for money or sell it and I am currently using that phone while waiting for the fixed note 7 I will be penalized for not taking a loaner phone ? The way I see it I saved them money and time, and now the ones that don't have the resources of just activating their old phone and got a loaner will be prioritized before me? I would say that is not the case. I assure you if I would arrive at your store the same day as you I would not have to wait for you to come get yours before I get mine.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
So because I saved my note4 and didn't trade it in for money or sell it and I am currently using that phone while waiting for the fixed note 7 I will be penalized for not taking a loaner phone ? The way I see it I saved them money and time, and now the ones that don't have the resources of just activating their old phone and got a loaner will be prioritized before me? I would say that is not the case. I assure you if I would arrive at your store the same day as you I would not have to wait for you to come get yours before I get mine.

Unless you get there at the opening and are the very first one in the door on the 21st.....how are you going to know if they have them or not???

And as I posted....that is how my rep and store is doing it.

As this thread has shown, different locations are doing this differently. I would've thought that all the corporate stores would handle this the same, but OBVIOUSLY has not been the case.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was told by a Verizon rep that the stores would definitely have them on the 21st. Also, it says that the phone will be available on the 21st.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
You : I am wondering if there is an option for Verizon to send me a replacement.
You : Instead of having to drive two hours round trip to pick up a replacement device.
Casey : Yes, I am. I am checking with our technical team as to the process that needs to be done on your case.
You : thank you
Casey : I have submitted a request to our technical team for a replacement of your device. Once the new devices arrive, they would ship out a device to you and along it would be a return box where you would need to send the device back to us. Only the device needs to be sent back, you can exclude the accessories.
Casey : To follow-up, you can contact our technical team at 800-922-0204 option 3.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

I do hope that's not the case, been penalized for not getting a loaner, because if that's the case then there will be a problem. How about I didn't want a loaner or I decided to not panic like most did and just minimize the usage of the phone and not charging it over night? Again, we will see what happens on Wednesday as I am off that day and will be going into the store, luckily I have two places near me.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm back on the Note 5 that I had mothballed as a backup. The Note 5 gets warmer than my power-it-down-immediately Note 7 ever did in its brief life span. Go figure.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Some young man from the Verizon store just said the replacement will starting the exchange at the end of the month, please ignore this post like I ignored and move forward to September 21

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
You : I am wondering if there is an option for Verizon to send me a replacement.
You : Instead of having to drive two hours round trip to pick up a replacement device.
Casey : Yes, I am. I am checking with our technical team as to the process that needs to be done on your case.
You : thank you
Casey : I have submitted a request to our technical team for a replacement of your device. Once the new devices arrive, they would ship out a device to you and along it would be a return box where you would need to send the device back to us. Only the device needs to be sent back, you can exclude the accessories.
Casey : To follow-up, you can contact our technical team at 800-922-0204 option 3.

That's how it's already setup for me. Like I said, this thread is just an addiction for me.

Peace. Alan

Notelover17

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Unless you get there at the opening and are the very first one in the door on the 21st.....how are you going to know if they have them or not???

And as I posted....that is how my rep and store is doing it.

As this thread has shown, different locations are doing this differently. I would've thought that all the corporate stores would handle this the same, but OBVIOUSLY has not been the case.

I'm not saying they don't have lists but to say I didn't do the right thing by not taking a loaner is an untruth and therefore would have to wait. Im not concerned about when I get the replacement as I am not without a phone. Just don't like being told I didn't comply since I didn't get a loaner. When I did exactly what was requested. To power down and shut it off.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm not saying they don't have lists but to say I didn't do the right thing by not taking a loaner is an untruth and therefore would have to wait. Im not concerned about when I get the replacement as I am not without a phone. Just don't like being told I didn't comply since I didn't get a loaner. When I did exactly what was requested. To power down and shut it off.

I am with you on this one!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If there's one thing that people learn from this recall, I hope it's have a back up phone. People got lucky Samsung provided loaner phones. It's not the carriers or companies problem if you don't have a back up phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.