AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I went in today with my replacement Note 7 and told them I no longer want it and got an s7 edge and also changed to upgrade every year instead of 2 so I'm not stuck with this for 2 years. Had no issues didn't have box or chargers with me either.

If you paid the phone off, you can exchange it anytime you want.
And if you trade a phone in they will pay you a small amount for it.

I usually want to keep my phones.
Not worth what they want to pay.

macolliejr

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I haven't begun my replacement process yet since I only recently completed the first exchange...but.

As far as AT&T's Retention Dept. I am a frequent pain in their ____. In all my time dealing with them I can tell you that first off you'll get reps claiming to be Retention who absolutely are not. They might have the job of trying to retain you...but they are not the actual Retention Dept. When you finally get the actual Retention Dept. you'll know. They will be extremely kind and courteous, even if you're completely unglued. Second once you get to Retention there most definitely is more than one location for this Dept and that location also makes a difference. In my experience the Retention Dept in Arizona solves problems the best. Not sure if that helps or not but there you go...

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I went in today with my replacement Note 7 and told them I no longer want it and got an s7 edge and also changed to upgrade every year instead of 2 so I'm not stuck with this for 2 years. Had no issues didn't have box or chargers with me either.

So did you keep everything, such as the charger & cable, and earphones?

Jonnny4

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I am really worried. I upgraded from a s7 edge to the note 7. I paid $300 in next charges before seling my s7 edge for only what I owed, $500. If I have to go back to the s7 edge and start those payments over it's really messed up. I love quite a few of the Samsung features and would love to stay with them. I am trying to figure out the best way to make either Samsung or AT&T understand where I am coming from. I mean I have to buy all new s7 edge accessories because they went with the phone I sold.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anything in writing, but I had an online chat with an AT&T rep. He said the bogo would still apply to any s7 phone. When I told him I wasn't interested in the s7, he said they could apply the bogo to the iphones as well.
He did say that it all had to be done in store, so we'll see what the in store reps say.

Do you happen to have the conversation saved? They should honor the BOGO deal since its not our fault the N7 was recalled and we had to go through all of this

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I bought 2 N7 with the BOGO , i traded them both for S7 edges when the 1st recall came along. I then traded 1 of the s7 edges back in for a new and improved N7 but kept 1 s7 edge. Now i guess i will go back again and trade in the newer N7 for the s7 Edge AGAIN !
Is this what you are asking ?
I think i am able to just get a refund for the N7 i still have but im sure the discount on my bill for the BOGO will go away.

You should hopefully be able to keep the BOGO deal, no?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
AT&T Corporate Store - Mansfield, MA - 11:15 AM - Brought my "Factory Reset" Replacement Note 7 that I paid for in Full into the Store, told my Rep that I pulled the SIM out last night and put it my Note 5. He said "O.K., which phone would you like to replace it with?" I said "The Note 8 next year - so I'd rather just get a full refund please!" He said "No problem - do you have the card that you used to pay for the phone originally?" That was it - FULL REFUND, done deal... couldn't have been easier, other than the fact than I no longer have my Note 7!!! See you all next year gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter