Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to hold out and see what happens. Our two phones, mine and my sons don't seem to have issues. Battery performance has actually seemed to get better and leveled off since activating the phone.

I'm hoping that if the recall extends to the U.S., we'll be able to either walk in a exchange the phone or have a replacement shipped and the recalled phone sent back as if it were a warranty claim.

Thats where I think those of us that ordered or pre-orderd through our carriers might have a slight advantage. They can ship us a brand new phone and if we don't send back the recalled unit, they can charge our accounts. I don't think people who ordered direct from Samsung or other stores would be able to do that since there would be no recourse if the recalled unit is never returned.

I also have a feeling that these recalled phones won't be refurbished, but destroyed. Phones that are returned for various other reasons is a small percentage compared to this. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the manufacturing process is automated. But I have a feeling that most if not all of the refurbishment process is manual. That's a lot of man power and time to refurbish this number of phones. It doesn't seem cost efficient. We may pay nearly $1000 for these phones, but it doesn't cost Samsung anywhere near that in parts and labor to get one out the door.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to hold out and see what happens. Our two phones, mine and my sons don't seem to have issues. Battery performance has actually seemed to get better and leveled off since activating the phone.

I'm hoping that if the recall extends to the U.S., we'll be able to either walk in a exchange the phone or have a replacement shipped and the recalled phone sent back as if it were a warranty claim.
The recall is here, it is for all Note 7's.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have Verizon and I am confused as to what exactly is supposed to be wrong with my Note 7. Mine got so hot during setup it hurt to touch it, but has not gotten that hot since. I have recorded 4k videos out the ying yang. How do you know if your Note 7 has the battery that blows? Where do I find the info as to where mine was made?

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I wonder if there's some kind of list to get on? Or do I call everyday or stop by everyday to see if there in? I was hoping I could call and let them know then they could call me when in

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have Verizon and I am confused as to what exactly is supposed to be wrong with my Note 7. Mine got so hot during setup it hurt to touch it, but has not gotten that hot since. I have recorded 4k videos out the ying yang. How do you know if your Note 7 has the battery that blows? Where do I find the info as to where mine was made?
It doesn't matter where it was made. Samsung said all Notes need to be replaced.

pjbelsch

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
the fine american helper at samsung said the following:
Sindhusree P: Hello Peter.
Sindhusree P: Your safety is our number one priority. We have launched a U.S. Product Exchange Program for Note7 owners in which we are offering Note7 owners the opportunity to exchange your Note7 for a Galaxy S7, a Galaxy S7edge or a new Note7 (available next week). We encourage you to take advantage of the program and if you choose to switch out your device for a Galaxy S7 or a Galaxy S7edge, we will also refund you for the difference between devices. As a gesture of our appreciation, if you choose to participate in the U.S. Product Exchange Program, we will also be giving you a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from you carrier. While there have been only a small number of reported incidents, we realize that you may be concerned and we are doing everything we can to provide you with support.

KyuuBun

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
So I called 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and the lady I spoke with said there isn't a recall and that Samsung is just looking into it. :/

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Lets Make everything Clear to stop any confusion?

Is the new note 7 (fixed battery issue coming next week?

Is it coming with $25 gift card?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
OMG !! I dont want to give up my N7. I love this phone and after a couple weeks of customizing a tweaking, I finally have it just the way in want it.

Bloatware killed, Nova Prime Launcher installed and configured, contacts, new theme, new icons, pictures moved over. battery tuned, getting 26 hours on battery with 5.5 hours SOT. Now I have to so it all over again. :( I wish they would just give me the new phone and tell be to keep the old one. Then they can keep the $25. :)

pjbelsch

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
i called and talked to samsung..basically we have to walk our sorry asses into verizon and tell them we want to proceed with the replacement device exchange. new phones are going to be distributed based on when you pre-ordered. so if you pre ordered first week of august youll get your phone as early as next week.

there are a couple details that havent been answered. how many note 7's in the US have exploded...0 i believe. the guy at samsung was like "you shouldnt leave your phone plugged in all night just charge it and take it off the charger" i told him i charge my phone every night and it sits there for hours even after its charged. he basically said oh your phone is okay then.

lol

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Until a replacement is in, I am just not going to use a fast charger unless I can keep an eye on it. I have been using a standard Qi wireless charger at night and have note had any heat issues. Normally use the fast charger at work so the phone is not left on the charger unattended.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I would urge everyone to just be patient. It takes time to disseminate information throughout massive corporations like Samsung and Verizon. This is an unprecedented event for the most part and they are probably figuring much of this out as they go along.

Everyone you talk to today (or maybe even this weekend) may not have all the facts. Let the info disseminate from the top down and I would bet in 3 or 4 days things will be much clearer. We know at a minimum we have until 9/30 with Verizon, so there is plenty of time.

TL;DR. We are not going to get all the correct details now, or maybe soon. Try to relax and enjoy your great new phone, and check in a few days. That's what I am gonna do.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine to Target tonight. It is a new location and the employees are still learning, but they figured it out. They have a group chat going to discuss the ins and outs of the recall. It sounded to me like they are ramping up to do exchanges in-store starting next week. I opted to return mine since I had 2 days left in my return period. I am going to wait until the dust settles before making a new purchase. Thankfully I have a back up Moto X Pure that I was able to use.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I would urge everyone to just be patient. It takes time to disseminate information throughout massive corporations like Samsung and Verizon. This is an unprecedented event for the most part and they are probably figuring much of this out as they go along.

Everyone you talk to today (or maybe even this weekend) may not have all the facts. Let the info disseminate from the top down and I would bet in 3 or 4 days things will be much clearer. We know at a minimum we have until 9/30 with Verizon, so there is plenty of time.

TL;DR. We are not going to get all the correct details now, or maybe soon. Try to relax and enjoy your great new phone, and check in a few days. That's what I am gonna do.

Agree, which is what I plan to do. I think if someone has a phone that gets really hot, this is a good time to jump on the replacement. Me, I am staying calm and letting this mess unfold and settle down.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I walked into a corporate Verizon today and returned mine. I initially called support this morning since I was having Lag and terrible battery drain. I was one day over the worry free guarantee. Not a issue at all. Exchanged it for a S7 crazy how this feels snappy and haven't noticed the lag at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87