Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I think we are getting hung up on people's language. The idea of trading down is what I am saying is ridiculous. They are not getting my Note 7 in coral blue till they produce another in my hands.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I think we are getting hung up on people's language. The idea of trading down is what I am saying is ridiculous. They are not getting my Note 7 in coral blue till they produce another in my hands.
I agree, my Note 7 isn't going to be turned in until it is a simple swap one for one. I'm not experiencing any issues and really don't even want to let this one go. I will swap it out for safety sake, but only for a new Note 7. I've had every Note since the Note 2 and there is a reason for that. I can't see myself ever using a phone without an s pen. It's the reason I get the Note, without it you just have a large screen phone.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

did i miss it, did Verizon say the only choice was to trade down. i thought that was one of your options if you are soured on the note 7 is to trade it in now for a different phone. they are not able to let you trade it in on an equal phone because an equal phone is not available yet.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
They don't know yet. The VZW phone associate that I spoke made it sound like they are doing us some sort of big favor by offering us the ridiculous options that they are currently offering.

Well give it a few days. It takes some time for all the info to get through the organizations. I wouldn't take as gospel anything a rep tells you today honestly ..

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon only knows what we all do thats been posted. Even though I recall reading somewhere Samsung said starting next week people would be able to exchange their phones, Verizon doesnt seem to know anything about it. LOL

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
We need the battery info. But of course they didn't track that during mfg. So either you have a hot potato or you don't. Mine seems to be just fine. No heat issues while charging. Why bother replacing if it isn't causing any issues? Also I have dropped mine several times. It's in the otterbox symmetry case. No cracked glass. Something tells me they may have run short on parts and threw in this other crap battery that doesn't fit well. Just a guess but that could cause glass to crack when dropped if it puts too much pressure on it. They gonna have to give me something good if they want this phone back!

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
We need the battery info. But of course they didn't track that during mfg. So either you have a hot potato or you don't. Mine seems to be just fine. No heat issues while charging. Why bother replacing if it isn't causing any issues? Also I have dropped mine several times. It's in the otterbox symmetry case. No cracked glass. Something tells me they may have run short on parts and threw in this other crap battery that doesn't fit well. Just a guess but that could cause glass to crack when dropped if it puts too much pressure on it. They gonna have to give me something good if they want this phone back!

Samsung issued a recall for all of them. You can keep it at your own risk. You can exchange it for another Note 7 when it is back in stock. We all just need to wait for that to happen. It will take time...

Hunan

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Just called 800-Samsung as instructed by Samsung announcement of the recall to "arrange for a mail exchange". The automated menu finally asked for the name of my Carrier, I pressed 1 for Verizon. I was connected to Verizon. The lady who answered said since I recently purchased the phones ( I have two to exchange) I need to return them for a refund. She did not offer to replace them. I explained that my wife had an upgrade and her old phone was returned to Verizon which would leave her without a phone. AND I purchased the phones because of the BOGO and am waiting for the $672 Visa card. I would lose that if I returned the phones. She said to contact Samsung. I mentioned that I called Samsung and got connected to her. She offered to call Samsung for me and speak to the rep. Minutes later she returned to the line and just handed me off to the Samsung rep who asked how she could help. I told her my story and she said call back next week as the exchange program will start next week. She did not know when next week to call.

So I will call Samsung next week.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is just my guess but I would think the replacement will be just a Note 7 in a box with instructions nothing more.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i called and talked to samsung..basically we have to walk our sorry asses into verizon and tell them we want to proceed with the replacement device exchange. new phones are going to be distributed based on when you pre-ordered. so if you pre ordered first week of august youll get your phone as early as next week.

there are a couple details that havent been answered. how many note 7's in the US have exploded...0 i believe. the guy at samsung was like "you shouldnt leave your phone plugged in all night just charge it and take it off the charger" i told him i charge my phone every night and it sits there for hours even after its charged. he basically said oh your phone is okay then.

lol
Actually it hasn't been zero in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.