Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Myself as well. I had a chat with Samsung customer service. They are paying the carriers to administer the recall. What I suspect and have felt for may years is that verizon basically pays salespeople on commission. They will do and say anything to deflect a non sale. We are NON Sales to these corporate employees.
What the samsung rep did was fill out a form and generated a ticket #, this # basically is from Samsung with IOU info so i can get my temp trade and ultimate phone. Its a manufacturers warranty authorization. They said they cant turn me away.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
And the reason that those of US that got the 'loaners" (according to my rep @ corporate store) will get them first is that we are going on a list to be called when the arrive as our names are being placed on them. Those that don't get the exchange now are saying to Samsung/Verizon "I don't care what you say about the safety of the phone, I'm going to ignore you and do it my way".

And for those of you that say well ill just sue them if it explodes.....WRONG ANSWER!!! It's a legal term called "mitigating damage" Samsung/Verizon has notified you of a problem, advised you not to use phone, advised you to turn the phone off, advised you to return the phone, is giving compensation, is not leaving you in a lurch as loaners are being given, and returning $ for items you bought. Just because it's not what you want when and how you want it, if you ignore all they gave said, and ignore it......If something happens you didn't try to mitigate your damages, you are on the hook. Look it up people, it's a legal requirement.
Think your going to be surprised, specially now that the government is involved. Top priority will be to get the old ones off the street, Samsung has been saying that from day one.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Mitigation+of+Damages
I never said anything about legal deal. The government will prioritize the ones that are still out there. The government will protect the ones still using them from themselves and exchange theirs first. Samsung has said from Day one that the current owners of the note 7 will get exchanged first. If you exchanged for a loaner, returned for a refund to wait for the new one you do not have a old note 7 anymore, you essentially removed yourself from top priority to be exchanged.

And the government or Samsung did not say to turn the phones in or return them, they said to power them down. Powering them down still puts that person in possession of the note 7 and still puts them as priority for the exchange. I am powering down and waiting for the exchange, the government will require people with the old note 7 to be exchanged first to protect us stupid people from hurting ourselves or others. And I do not speak of knowledge, just from what I've read and put together.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Went to the corporate store and walked out carrying new S7Edges (2) & Note7 (2). I will say this for the store in Newburgh NY they won me over. I have to do some leg work tomorrow to return the Note7s to the premium dealer tomorrow but I have "loaner replacements" which are brand new. Now when/is the Note7s are back in Stock it's my decision to get them or not.

The district manager was there and he told me if it was his he would continue to use, when I asked him if he would allow his son to continue to use he said "no way, and I wouldn't charge it in my house either, or keep it bedside"

This is a nice little device but I would rather have the larger Note7 with the 64gb memory instead of the 32gb.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Went to the corporate store and walked out carrying new S7Edges (2) & Note7 (2). I will say this for the store in Newburgh NY they won me over. I have to do some leg work tomorrow to return the Note7s to the premium dealer tomorrow but I have "loaner replacements" which are brand new. Now when/is the Note7s are back in Stock it's my decision to get them or not.

The district manager was there and he told me if it was his he would continue to use, when I asked him if he would allow his son to continue to use he said "no way, and I wouldn't charge it in my house either, or keep it bedside"

This is a nice little device but I would rather have the larger Note7 with the 64gb memory instead of the 32gb.

I'm sorry. Forgive me cause I'm confused. Lol but did you say you walked out with 2 new s7 edges and 2 new note 7?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So to cut through the posts here, has anyone gotten a new GN7 yet? Or is Verizon still dragging their feet?

They waiting on the government to approve the release of the replacement note 7. It's not verizon. Samsung or verizon can't release them until the government says it's ok. Now hopefully I got that correct lol.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Except that you (and others that still have their N7s) are *choosing* to ignore all the requests to stop using the device and return it, whatever you're personal choice may be.

You can't have it both ways.

The policy makes sense - those that are electing to take advantage of the loaners as provided by their carriers - they are noting the accounts, etc., and this will probably be the way that the stores are provided initial stock. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get yours replaced - but others have now effectively gone through the process of standing in line to initiate the exchange....

Those that haven't - get the joy to wait a bit longer...

Here is a copy of my chat transcript with Samsung this evening regarding replacing our devices.

View attachment 239067

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
OK, here's the bottom line.

I spent almost 4 hours in the store.

3 different Verizon customer service reps (800 number) confirmed that we can do a double-switch - get another phone today and then swap it out for a new Note 7 when they are in stock. But, the store can't do it. The customer service reps confirmed that it's both Samsung's and Verizon's policy to do this.

So, I had the customer service rep email this policy. The first rep never sent the email, so I had to call back and finally got another rep to send me an email confirming I can do this. (in the meantime, nobody was answering the Verizon customer service line for over an hour! - thus the extended wait time at the Verizon corporate store).

With the email in hand, I had them swap out to an S7 (took forever to use SmartSwitch because they did it using WiFi instead of using a cable, as I had suggested). Since I had paid up front in-full for the Note 7, I have a $400+ credit coming back to me, which I'm sure I'll have to pay when I swap back to the Note 7. FWIW, I didn't bring in any accessories - just the phone.

The bottom line is that Verizon indicated that they WILL do the double-swap, but the local store can only do the initial swap. They also told me that "it doesn't matter what condition the Note 7 is in.

Edit: An email I just received...
View attachment 239053

FWIW, I'm getting real good at restoring all my apps and data to a new phone!

Damn dude... that's a lot of time spent on Samsung's (and vzws) problem... eff that noise... If they don't have a reasonable plan laid out, it's on them...

I'm doing nothing till there's a clear plan, whatever that may be...

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
And the reason that those of US that got the 'loaners" (according to my rep @ corporate store) will get them first is that we are going on a list to be called when the arrive as our names are being placed on them. Those that don't get the exchange now are saying to Samsung/Verizon "I don't care what you say about the safety of the phone, I'm going to ignore you and do it my way".

And for those of you that say well ill just sue them if it explodes.....WRONG ANSWER!!! It's a legal term called "mitigating damage" Samsung/Verizon has notified you of a problem, advised you not to use phone, advised you to turn the phone off, advised you to return the phone, is giving compensation, is not leaving you in a lurch as loaners are being given, and returning $ for items you bought. Just because it's not what you want when and how you want it, if you ignore all they gave said, and ignore it......If something happens you didn't try to mitigate your damages, you are on the hook. Look it up people, it's a legal requirement.
Well you are not dealing with every store are you. Mine has not taken one back. They are telling people to wait. So even if you take it in some stores refuse to do anything.

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I do not think that anything was said about suing anyone. A lot of the stores are actually advising customers to hold on to the N7. All reality though I don't believe anyone's name is going on a list. Its going to be a matter of calling the store getting told they are in and going in for exchange, regardless of a swap or not.

This!! I have not had any trouble with my Note 7.. I came from the S7 Edge Plus and love the Note 7 110x better. I do not see myself downgrading. But for those of you who kept your chat with Verizon... it is worthless! Verizon and I went around about a month ago due to they told me I could terminate a line with no problems the next Friday. (it was end of my billing cycle.) I called on the 12th to terminate the line and they refuse to let me. I told them I had the chat printed, gave the name, transcript number and all and they did not care.. I spoke with a rep and supervisor... all they said was they was sorry I was misinformed. Til this day I still have that chat printed. I always thought if you had it in writing, they had to honor it but Verizon does not.

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
just some advice, call or chat with samsung, they can initiate a ticket that the store can use for a warranty return. Depending upon the mood and integrity of the individual verizon salespeople you likely will waste your time.
Samsung is PAYING Verizon to do this. The employees are not seeing this $, they are pressured to sell. Throughout this situation IMHO Verizon looks tons worse than Samsung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo