Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntiger

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I'll try that. I just want to get it shipped back and close this chapter and move on.

I'm with you . . . after multiple calls and two trips to my local corporate store, one attempted chat and multiple calls to 611, I finally got through to a 611 agent that would place an order for my replacement phone however it's not shipping until October 12. What a fiasco and now I'm reading this thread with the latest problem regarding the return of the original Note 7. I'm not sure I trust my local store to handle it correctly. I guess I'll have to wait until the replacement arrives to see what I'm supposed to do.

For the record, they told me that I have to return everything that came with the original phone. On a bright note they've already applied the $25 credit to my account (though I'm not sure that $25 covers the hours I've spent trying to return/replace this darn thing).

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I'll try that. I just want to get it shipped back and close this chapter and move on.

I drove over to my local Corp Verizon store at lunch and i was told that they can not process the return of the recalled note 7, my only option was to ship the unit back to them. They gave me an old FedEx box to ship it back in and tried to print the return label for me but they FedEx servers were down (or some such BS). So i left with the old box and they told me i could try and print the label myself from the Verizon website. So that is what i am going to do.

Post Script:
So i printed the return label from My Verizon .com and the label is for USPS. I will drop[ off the box on my way home and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Of course i call my corporate store and they have know note 7 in stock for me to exchange so I'm just going to call and see if they can ship me one. Hopefully over night it

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I received my new Note 7 from Verizon by mail and the returning label, it is safe to return the old note7 in the same box?
Do I need to return the accessories?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok just got off phone with customer service and they said they don't have my blue in stock but will October 12th. So they are sending me my blue coral replacement (2 day shipping) by October 12th. She said it might be sooner if they get them in earlier. She told me since I've called to replace note7 that I wouldn't be charged the restocking fee. She said my agreement will be started over again. Right now i don't care lol. I just want it over with. She said my card will be charged taxes again but I will get the money back when they receive my recalled note7. Didn't even bother to ask about accessories cause she probably tell me that they need them. I rather just keep spen anyways. She said there will be a shipping envelope or whatever for me to send phone back. So hoping it comes before October 12th but atleast i know it will be taken care of.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So by time i get replacement I'll probably be too late to try for the vr promo. Oh well at least I'll hopefully have a worry free phone😊

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
New one showed up via FedEx yesterday. No return label. Called customer service to ask for one. They said right now to just hold on to it until further instruction...?

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to exchange my Note 7 for a replacement at 3 different Verizon stores and none have the replacements in stock (blue coral). My closest store put my name on a list and said that they give the replacements out first-come-first serve. The other stores didn't mention a list.

My question is, what if the replacements don't come before the 9/30 deadline?

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Also received fedx replacement without a return label. Customer service had me print a usps label from my verizon.
Dropped by the Corp store to just give to them instead, but they did not want to process the return.
I was told to just return the phone by mail, no accessories. The Spen is an accessory, so I kept that as well. Verizon has handled this as poorly as possible...imho.

Last edited:

Tisha722

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I've tried to exchange my Note 7 for a replacement at 3 different Verizon stores and none have the replacements in stock (blue coral). My closest store put my name on a list and said that they give the replacements out first-come-first serve. The other stores didn't mention a list.

My question is, what if the replacements don't come before the 9/30 deadline?

I agree, all of my local stores are out and the 30th is Friday. I still don't understand why they sold the phones before recalled phones were replaced. Just out to make money.

kathy2343

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Un. Be. Lievable.

I called FIVE local Verizon corporate stores today, and none of them has a single Note 7 in any color. Chat at Verizonwireless.com first told me my device is not affected (WRONG! And wouldn't they be liable if it then exploded?), then that I could get one by 10/5. Second chat only minutes later gave me all kinds of confusing information, including a supposed 10/12 ship date, and then cut me off and resumed with a new agent. Thankfully he knew what was going on and put his supervisor on the line to approve a replacement. But I had to provide a credit card to pay for tax (supposedly not to be billed until it ships). I figure I'll keep checking local stores and cancel the online order if one shows up locally first.

Supply chain is Samsung's fault, not Verizon's, but good grief--how can they not have accurate information for their reps as a top priority on a major news story like this?

Final rant--what is up with restarting the clock so that I had to agree to 24 payments when I've already made one--they'd better credit it! That means I may be eligible for an upgrade at least a couple of months later than originally; I will NOT be happy if that happens.

What a mess. I thought Samsung had handled it poorly, but I think Verizon has done even worse.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Also received fedx replacement without a return label. Customer service had me print a usps label from my verizon.
Dropped by the Corp store to just give to them instead, but they did not want to process the return.
I was told to just return the phone by mail, no accessories. The Spen is an accessory, so I kept that as well. Verizon has handled this as poorly as possible...imho.

I'm doing the same. I just printed a shipping label on My Verizon using the ORIGINAL August order to return it, and will USPS it tomorrow. I want this done and over with. I originally had it shipped to me (pre-ordered), I bought a replacement last week over the phone (on 9/20) in which they charged my credit card full price (because I originally bought it outright) and they shipped it out to me via FedEx (along with giving me the $25 bill credit), telling me to ship back the recalled device at which point they will refund me (I guess it will just be a refund on the original recalled device). I hope it happens! I have low confidence with how this is all being handled. I don't trust going to a corporate store in order to get my full refund immediately based on what I'm reading (and I do not want to waste my time). I'm just returning the phone itself in the box with nothing else. This forum has been great therapy in trying to get through this! Boy what a horrible ride this has been, Verizon/Samsung! We all need to get back to normal living again...

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
WoW! What a hassle people having their contract extended.. I pre-ordered my Note 7 and had my Coral Blue Note exchanged at a Corp Store on 9/21/16. Same contract date as when ordered and UDP still intact...

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Un. Be. Lievable.

I called FIVE local Verizon corporate stores today, and none of them has a single Note 7 in any color. Chat at Verizonwireless.com first told me my device is not affected (WRONG! And wouldn't they be liable if it then exploded?), then that I could get one by 10/5. Second chat only minutes later gave me all kinds of confusing information, including a supposed 10/12 ship date, and then cut me off and resumed with a new agent. Thankfully he knew what was going on and put his supervisor on the line to approve a replacement. But I had to provide a credit card to pay for tax (supposedly not to be billed until it ships). I figure I'll keep checking local stores and cancel the online order if one shows up locally first.

Supply chain is Samsung's fault, not Verizon's, but good grief--how can they not have accurate information for their reps as a top priority on a major news story like this?

Final rant--what is up with restarting the clock so that I had to agree to 24 payments when I've already made one--they'd better credit it! That means I may be eligible for an upgrade at least a couple of months later than originally; I will NOT be happy if that happens.

What a mess. I thought Samsung had handled it poorly, but I think Verizon has done even worse.

Just a heads-up: Instead of calling five different corporate stores, to save time, you may just search for the phone on Verizon's website and then click the option to check for availability around you.

Each color of the N7 will show up as different inventory. So like in my local area, all corporate stores are out of black and blue, but one store has silver currently available (basically check each color, or the color you want). The online inventory isn't updated right away, though when N7's were in stock, that was one way I kept track of stores around me.

You can also just call up Verizon's customer service, and if you have a helpful rep, just give them the zipcode you're in and they can look up stores in your area with inventory (closer to realtime than Verizon's website). I got lucky that inventory had just arrived at my closest corporate store when I called in (which wasn't reflected online), so I sped over and exchanged.

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I drove over to my local Corp Verizon store at lunch and i was told that they can not process the return of the recalled note 7, my only option was to ship the unit back to them. They gave me an old FedEx box to ship it back in and tried to print the return label for me but they FedEx servers were down (or some such BS). So i left with the old box and they told me i could try and print the label myself from the Verizon website. So that is what i am going to do.

Post Script:
So i printed the return label from My Verizon .com and the label is for USPS. I will drop[ off the box on my way home and hope for the best.

Wow. I guess something changed. I took mine back to my local Verizon corporate store and they processed a full refund with no problem. This was probably the second week of September.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Un. Be. Lievable.

They also restarted my wife's contract and I was just informed that our account was credited with $36. Does that mean we got a free month with our perfectly working, did not flame out Note 7?
Now I just have to wait for my tax credit and $25 bill credit.
I think the root of all this grief is how connected we are with our phones.
How did I ever survive my first 34 years before there was a cell phone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They also restarted my wife's contract and I was just informed that our account was credited with $36. Does that mean we got a free month with our perfectly working, did not flame out Note 7?
Now I just have to wait for my tax credit and $25 bill credit.
I think the root of all this grief is how connected we are with our phones.
How did I ever survive my first 34 years before there was a cell phone?
Easy. You can't want what you don't know ;).

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I am seriously bout to cuss verizon the hell out. I'm trying to agree to the terms etc of my agreement but it keeps asking for a verification code that 6 digits. Well they sent my new and correct email the order confirmation but sent the verification number to my old email. Now verizon keeps sending me links to use to a site that ain't optimized for mobile and I don't have a computer or tablet to access it. I keep telling them that and they keep doing it. Just send me the damn code so i can agree to the terms. I swear if this holds me up from getting my replacement phone I will freaking switch carriers cause im tired of the bs and people acting stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo