AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
HELP! I haven't received my SD Card yet, it was approved but no shipping information. I have the S7 Edge now (loaner), can I get the VR? I don't want to claim the VR and then Samsung doesn't send me the SD card. What should I do?
It's two separate promotions you will be able to get both... The first promotion they put on hold during the recall and just started it back up so give it some time on the SD card...... For now I would get the VR rolling before you give the S7 back for your note 7..

Ktrek

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
HELP! I haven't received my SD Card yet, it was approved but no shipping information. I have the S7 Edge now (loaner), can I get the VR? I don't want to claim the VR and then Samsung doesn't send me the SD card. What should I do?

I was approved and also did not get any shipping info but my card came today.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't received my SD card yet either. In fact, my status still says my submission is under review. I submitted it on August 21. :(

Bbarbie

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So I spoke to att store here and she said they will come in after 21st ...hopefully she read her email wrong because that is going against what samsung announced. Plus she said small batches don't know which colors :/ ...I would keep following up with stores because I feel there is inconsistency.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, AT&T has received my return. I've moved on to getting an Iphone 7 Plus and will have it monday. I may come back and purchase a Note 7 in the future when everything gets straightened out. When I do get another one, it's not going to be the an AT&T model, but a unlocked model. Good luck to all of you.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, AT&T has received my return. I've moved on to getting an Iphone 7 Plus and will have it monday. I may come back and purchase a Note 7 in the future when everything gets straightened out. When I do get another one, it's not going to be the an AT&T model, but a unlocked model. Good luck to all of you.

AT&T told me I could only exchange! I'm so confused about this whole thing and anxious, I bought mine online, the store said I had to exchange it online, when I called online, she said I had to go to the store. Some people said they got SE7, the girl told me I could only get an S7. SHe told me she could not guarantee I could exchange for the SAFE SN7 in the future. Now I read somewhere that if I don't exchange it by the 21st I can't exchange at all...I'm not usually one to be flustered, but am I the only one that hears different things every day?

I do not want another phone, I do not want to do a double exchange- I just want to walk in AT&T when I start seeing posts from people getting theirs from AT&T and do a straight exchange, whether that's in a week or the week after. That's all I want- a chocolate chip cookie would be good too.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I'd wait until next Thursday, go to your local AT&T corporate store (not authorized retailer), take all receipts, and get a new Note 7.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
AT&T told me I could only exchange! I'm so confused about this whole thing and anxious, I bought mine online, the store said I had to exchange it online, when I called online, she said I had to go to the store. Some people said they got SE7, the girl told me I could only get an S7. SHe told me she could not guarantee I could exchange for the SAFE SN7 in the future. Now I read somewhere that if I don't exchange it by the 21st I can't exchange at all...I'm not usually one to be flustered, but am I the only one that hears different things every day?

I do not want another phone, I do not want to do a double exchange- I just want to walk in AT&T when I start seeing posts from people getting theirs from AT&T and do a straight exchange, whether that's in a week or the week after. That's all I want- a chocolate chip cookie would be good too.

From AT&T website. You will be able to get a new N7.
What if I already exchanged my Galaxy Note7 and have a temporary device?
AT&T will receive new Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices on or before September 21, 2016 in our retail stores. If you would like to exchange your temporary device for a new Galaxy Note7, please visit the place where you performed the exchange for your temporary device.

Show them their own webpage.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=V_wLjj_r

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I know exactly what you mean. It just depends on who you get from my experience. I bought my phone online at full price. When I took it to the At&t store near me, the young lady helping me said it would be better to return it the way I received it, through the mail. She asked me if I needed a phone and I told her I already had one. It may be just how you paid for the phone, as to why they will only do an exchange, but I'm not sure.

As an experienced smartphone user I try to avoid going to the carrier stores for anything. I've heard all kinds of things, and you never know who you're going to deal with. Most of the agents in the stores are friendly and are just trying to help, but a lot of them don't know a lot about the phones they sell. Some of them however know quite a lot.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I know exactly what you mean. It just depends on who you get from my experience. I bought my phone online at full price. When I took it to the At&t store near me, the young lady helping me said it would be better to return it the way I received it, through the mail. She asked me if I needed a phone and I told her I already had one. It may be just how you paid for the phone, as to why they will only do an exchange, but I'm not sure.

As an experienced smartphone user I try to avoid going to the carrier stores for anything. I've heard all kinds of things, and you never know who you're going to deal with. Most of the agents in the stores are friendly and are just trying to help, but a lot of them don't know a lot about the phones they sell. Some of them however know quite a lot.

TRUTH!!! I absolutely hate going in...i feel like they're more sales than anything, and it takes forever. All I can do is just have patience.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine full price at my local att store. Took it back for full refund of it and all accessories, no problem at all. My contact will call me when new ones become available. Couldn't have been easier.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I bought mine full price at my local att store. Took it back for full refund of it and all accessories, no problem at all. My contact will call me when new ones become available. Couldn't have been easier.

Just out of curiosity, if you are getting a replacement, why return the accessories? Or are you considering another phone?

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I've got my contacts at 2 different stores waiting on the first Blue Coral that comes in to call me when and if ??

They really are not sure when the new Notes are gonna start arriving nor do they know what colors ?!

I'll be holding out for my original color of Blue

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
My local corporate store is pessimistic about the 21st, said maybe next Thursday or Friday... which is a bummer. Hopefully they are clueless.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I did the same thing here Nonie; I bought mine full price at my AT&T Retail Store, only I still have mine, in the box, in the AT&T bag, waiting for the swap. I'm (very patiently) using my old Note 5 in the mean time!

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've just called two stores. One local and one where I will be traveling to next week. No new info has been provided to the stores. I was told to check back Monday, 9/19. Seems that is the earliest day shipments may arrive.

sexyB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Just processed an exchange for the 7 plus. So my question is if I don't ship back the note 7 and take it in store, would I be able to do a simple swap for a new one? Kind of like a double upgrade on one line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non