T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile preorder thread

They stopped requiring a down payment on JoD after all the negative feedback.
The next day they did the $0 down at $37.50 for the phone per month, if you did the $69 down plus tax then it's $33.50 per month. So they kind of stopped requiring it. If you keep the phone less than the 18 months then you do walk away with a little savings but at 12 months you only save $22... all they really did was raise the monthly cost of the phone by $4 with the zero down.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The chat agent said I could use the On Demand plan with no issue. That's free, with no internet unless you purchase a pass, so you can use the tablet only on wifi.
Your best bet is to go into a store and see if you can get the deal, I say that because several people have posted that reps on the phones and chat have gave the wrong information. I tried pre-ordering the Note 7 the night pre-ordering went live and the rep I got said I was going to have to pay the full $850 plus tax even though I'm on Jump On Demand. I called 611 from my cell phone the next morning and that rep got my pre-order placed with only charging me for the $69 plus tax... it's just a matter of getting an informed rep. The one you spoke with may be correct but the webpage I linked to seemed to say other wise; maybe there is a different promotion that didn't come up in my google search.

Fabian Lopez

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Looks like I will be waiting until the Note 8. T-mo want me to pay 450$ down just to get the note 7 lol.
My Gf and I had to pay $206 EACH to Pre-order the N7. I'm on her Tmobile account. I'm pretty sure her credit had something to do with it but I just got back from Best Buy from playing with the N7 and Maan am I excited, jumping from GS6Edge and Gf from N5. $206 down payment, $120 was required for the N7 plus the rest for taxes and what not. Monthly payments for n7 are $30

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile preorder thread

The next day they did the $0 down at $37.50 for the phone per month, if you did the $69 down plus tax then it's $33.50 per month. So they kind of stopped requiring it. If you keep the phone less than the 18 months then you do walk away with a little savings but at 12 months you only save $22... all they really did was raise the monthly cost of the phone by $4 with the zero down.
Anyone who ordered on JoD and was required to put down payment had the option to cancel and replace the order with no down payment. I chose not to because I didn't want to deal with the hassle or lose my spot in order queue.

I'll gain back $4/month that I have the phone. Most likely I'll sell the SD card to recoup some money as well.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile Note 7 buyers

I wanted to start a thread for the Tmobile customers that bought the Note 7. I currently have the Note 5 and bought the Note 7 from my local Tmobile over the phone. As of this a.m. it still says delivery 8/18-19. I got the black.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Tmobile Note 7 buyers

My local T-mobile was clueless when I called them. They said they have yet to process a pre-order for the Note7 via JOD and said they was still a deposit required. I called 611 and that rep said the same thing, even after she put me on hold for 5 minutes to check with someone else.
Finally got my order through DM to T-mobile help on Twitter.
I wouldn't expect anyone's delivery date to change until it actually ships. No sense in asking anyone at T-mobile or refreshing your order constantly.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I wanted to start a thread for the Tmobile customers that bought the Note 7. I currently have the Note 5 and bought the Note 7 from my local Tmobile over the phone. As of this a.m. it still says delivery 8/18-19. I got the black.

Same here, I got black. Coming from a Note 4. Keeping my Note 4 too.

I say we should be getting delivery around the 14th.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
^ had too.... :) ;)

Release date technically is 11 days. I'd not expect any so called movement for a minimum of a few days. Selfishly it needs to come in at least 2 days early. I leave that Wednesday on a red eye for a vacation and it will be sitting on my desk at work otherwise.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
For those who preordered the S7 and Edge late in the preorder phase last time, did you still receive them early or were they shipped closer to the street date? I'm hoping for an early release as well, but I ordered mines Sunday instead of when the preorder period opened. Last time I preordered an iPhone 6 Plus very late in the preorder period and got mines weeks before people who ordered there's first (though not early, since I don't think Apple allows early shipping).

bgbagz

May 17, 2012
Visit site

Welp I got suckered too..... Order it on the 3rd from TMO... Wondering if they WILL ship it early.... Sitting here refreshing On my order webpage... hoping it say something DIFFERENT WITH EACH REFRESH ( we have better odds of Trump saying something intelligent probably)...... Waiting......

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Hahahha you guys are funny! What date do you think it is? Settle down everyone. I'm just as excited as you are. Nothing is going to change on your account until it's ready to ship! The release date is still far away! I know they send out early sometimes, but don't count on it!

Posted via the Android Central App

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Uh-Oh......Delivery Delays!

I called T-Mobile to ask if it would delay my phone if I cancel the order for blue and changed it to silver. He said it might, and he said what's more, even if I leave the order as is, the 18th that was currently showing for my phone might be "delayed due to high demand for this phone." He said this date of the 18th is no longer set in stone....It just depends on how many phones Samsung can get out by that date. I then asked "Well what about in-store? If I just wait and buy it in-store, do we know for sure that my T-Mobile will have them on the 19th?" He said "Without a doubt. They are committed at this point to have the Note 7 in-store on that date." Then I asked him "Are you saying I'll have a better chance of getting the phone on time if I cancel my order and just go in store?" then he started talking as though he was reading from a script: "I am unable to confirm estimated times for delivery of phones, since it depends on a variety of factors...." I interrupted him, "but you did just say it's possible that phones that are showing a delivery date of 18th-19th might be delayed, right?" "Yes." "And you did just say that the store down the street will have them on the 19th?" "Definitely."

Just thought I would share with you guys. Personally, I cancelled my order and will walk in the store when they open on the 19th.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Uh-Oh......Delivery Delays!

I called T-Mobile to ask if it would delay my phone if I cancel the order for blue and changed it to silver. He said it might, and he said what's more, even if I leave the order as is, the 18th that was currently showing for my phone might be "delayed due to high demand for this phone." He said this date of the 18th is no longer set in stone....It just depends on how many phones Samsung can get out by that date. I then asked "Well what about in-store? If I just wait and buy it in-store, do we know for sure that my T-Mobile will have them on the 19th?" He said "Without a doubt. They are committed at this point to have the Note 7 in-store on that date." Then I asked him "Are you saying I'll have a better chance of getting the phone on time if I cancel my order and just go in store?" then he started talking as though he was reading from a script: "I am unable to confirm estimated times for delivery of phones, since it depends on a variety of factors...." I interrupted him, "but you did just say it's possible that phones that are showing a delivery date of 18th-19th might be delayed, right?" "Yes." "And you did just say that the store down the street will have them on the 19th?" "Definitely."

Just thought I would share with you guys. Personally, I cancelled my order and will walk in the store when they open on the 19th.
The only way T-Mobile can be committed to having phones in store by the 19th and not be effected by a delay would be if the phones were already in the stores, which is highly unlikely. Otherwise, they are still relying on Samsung to get them the phones they need for the stores the same way they are relying on Samsung to get them the phones needed for online/telesales orders. If there is a delay in one, there is a delay in the other.

I have a feeling Samsung isn't going to drop the ball here.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I highly doubt some street date pre-orders are already in jeopardy. This is just my feeling, not based on any fact.
Let's be honest, most T-mobile employees seem to know less than people on here. It's all over the place. I have no faith with what people on the phone or in store tell me. The reps on Twitter seemed to be the most informed. Possibly, they were trained by corporate and the others are only sent basic information.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am not worried. I mean .. I believe people have become too reliant on the early-releases from T-Mobile and now if it doesn't come early .. they all panic and say "It is late!" when it really isn't. I mean I enjoy my phone early just as much as the next person but if they don't get it to me till the day of release .. I can't really be upset with them since that is the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty