T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggles

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
No ones reported one yet. In past releases, shipping emails usually start showing up in the afternoon, eve...the day people start getting charged. They'll be shipped out of Lexington, KY.

Everything is on track and looking good.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You'd be better off hoping for ups ship, usps delivery. Remember if it arrives after a certain time at ups center, they might not process it for pickup till monday. While they will process it for usps shipping . Which would still deliver it.
UPS Sure post is what gets shipped UPS and delivered USPS, UPS next day does not. Besides, that handoff takes a day.

I've had countless UPS packages that arrive at the customer center for sorting in the middle of the night. Never had a problem flagging a hold and picking up.

However, it's entirely possible that UPS waits until Saturday or Sunday to even send the plane. I'll still setup a hold for Monday because sometimes they don't deliver until 8pm, unless I can use one of my 2 hour confirmed windows.

Hoon Kim

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I ordered black on 8/4. Is it first come first served? I mean if I ordered on 8/4 and someone else on 8/10 I would get my phone first if there is low stock right?

Hope so... I ordered Silver Titanium on 8/4, but my order hasn't been fulfilled while phones for people after me have been.

importcraz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
UPS Sure post is what gets shipped UPS and delivered USPS, UPS next day does not. Besides, that handoff takes a day.

I've had countless UPS packages that arrive at the customer center for sorting in the middle of the night. Never had a problem flagging a hold and picking up.

However, it's entirely possible that UPS waits until Saturday or Sunday to even send the plane. I'll still setup a hold for Monday because sometimes they don't deliver until 8pm, unless I can use one of my 2 hour confirmed windows.
I was speaking more on 0400 and after arrivals. I still prefer usps, as ups for me delivers between 1900-2100. While usps, is like clockwork 1530.

Thorby Corvin

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate this. I assume youve already ordered your tab. Any idea why the reps have been telling me that I need my note 7 in hand before I can get the free tablet?

Thanks! I do hope people become aware of this because it seems Samsung's freebies are being advertised much more. I did sign for the tablet on the 10th online.

To be able to get Samsung's freebies, you will have to provide them en the IMEI on your new phone as proof of purchase, so you have to have it on your hand.

To get T-Mobile's freebie, the reps did NOT tell me I had to have the Note 7 in my hand to purchase the Tab. I'm pretty sure T-Mobile doesn't need the IMEI from the phone as proof of purchase because they sold me the Note 7 themselves.

Being a rep can be tricky because they have to constantly learn new terms and technical details maybe that''s why they gave you a copy/paste answer accidentally.

succulentgarden

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Reps have been telling me the same thing too! However, one rep from the loyalty dept yesterday (I don't know how I ended up there) said I can just have it shipped, but I'll need a 1 GB plan or higher...
Glad I'm not alone. I don't want to miss out on the tablet but I feel like I'm going to :/

TheFlyingDave

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a very friendly and helpful TMo rep. Since I ordered on 8/8 (after the tab promo start) she could just add the tablet to my existing pre-order; no need to cancel/reorder.

Here's my understanding of the deal:
- I would pay the full price of the tablet today plus tax
- over the next 2 years they credit my bill for 1/24th of the cost - $13.34 for the tab A, $10 for the tab E
- At the end of two years they have paid me back the cost of the tablet minus tax
- I would have to add a new line which for me is $10/month.
- Since I have no need for mobile data on the tablet (tethering to my phone works fine), the net "cost" of the tablet to me is $10/month x 24 months = $240, which is about $80 less than the purchase price (of the tab E).

So in my opinion, this deal is only good if you need a tablet on mobile data. Otherwise you aren't saving much ($80). And I would argue that in 2 years the value of the tablet will be pretty low since there will be newer models available but I'd still be "paying" for the tablet by keeping the line active. If I were to cancel the line they stop crediting my bill so I end up buying it either way.

(edit: I suppose if you were buying the Tab A it does end up being effectively free. The $10/month over 2 years for the extra line exactly equals their full price. Although Amazon sells them for $190 so...)

The rep looked for loopholes to get around the added line thing but couldn't find one. If someone has written evidence that you could cancel the line early or switch to a cheaper option I'd love to see it. Otherwise I'll, sadly, have to pass.

Last edited:

succulentgarden

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with a very friendly and helpful TMo rep. Since I ordered on 8/8 (after the tab promo start) she could just add the tablet to my existing pre-order; no need to cancel/reorder.

Here's my understanding of the deal:
- I would pay the full price of the tablet today plus tax
- over the next 2 years they credit my bill for 1/24th of the cost - $13.34 for the tab A, $10 for the tab E
- At the end of two years they have paid me back the cost of the tablet minus tax
- I would have to add a new line which for me is $10/month.
- Since I have no need for mobile data on the tablet (tethering to my phone works fine), the net "cost" of the tablet to me is $10/month x 24 months = $240, which is about $80 less than the purchase price.

So in my opinion, this deal is only good if you need a tablet on mobile data. Otherwise you aren't saving much ($80). And I would argue that in 2 years the value of the tablet will be pretty low since there will be newer models available but I'd still be "paying" for the tablet by keeping the line active. If I were to cancel the line they stop crediting my bill so I end up buying it either way.

The rep looked for loopholes to get around the added line thing but couldn't find one. If someone has written evidence that you could cancel the line early or switch to a cheaper option I'd love to see it. Otherwise I'll, sadly, have to pass.
Thanks for the clarification. Guess I'll pass on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.