T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
That's what I mean, Tmobile could be holding them waiting to release them.
IF they did that, they would be asking for tremendous backlash IMO. When you have an $850 item on order and then you get a tracking number for that item, the first thing you do is check to see when it will arrive. People still need to plan their schedule around that delivery, especially if it may require signature. A first world problem? Sure. But we live in that world, so we need to plan.

If T-Mobile wanted to hold until later in the week to ship, then they should have waited to take payment and send out tracking info and mark the item as shipped.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know what the reference numbers mean at the bottom of the ups page? Its on the additional information section. I swore the yesterday it had 3 sets of numbers and this morning it has 4 sets of numbers. Maybe that means something or maybe it doesn't.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
In my experiences though the UPS tracking site has always been pretty accurate for me. I don't expect it today.
Pretty Accurate like this? Where they "processed and waited for UPS" four hours after they picked it up and scanned it four times and shipped it, before they processed and waited? That really messed up my notifications. I didn't get a notification until almost midnight and it came before they "processed".
b39f37503d4bcd4a76a32d5b1460b8b3.jpg

ad79bd8b8fb414dbff67f98eb78e25d2.jpg

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
No idea if this is bad news or not, but I have another package coming today that has changed from "order processed" to "in transit". Nothing on my T-Mo order though. Still says "order processed".

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's what I believe now that T-Mobile is actually holding them
TMO isn't going to send tracking numbers out with a delivery date of today with the intention of holding packages.

Why would they intentionally put themselves through that?

They also charge when they are ready to ship, that's how it works. They started charging Friday guys.

JmKc

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
In my experiences though the UPS tracking site has always been pretty accurate for me. I don't expect it today.

I just had a Saturday delivery that UPS tracking messed up and said the package was getting delayed because of a late flight. No biggie, it's a few things I bought from Amazon for one day shipping (prime member here) so I asked Amazon to refund me the shipping amount since my items weren't going to make it on time. Amazon sanctioned the refund and even gave me an extra month of Prime on top.

An hour later UPS drive came with that so called delayed package. XD I'm feeling lucky. My phone is coming today.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's like last time, not signature is required, for what it's worth. UPS just left the s7 on my doorstep last time.
And it may not be. But not many people want $850 item sitting on their porch for hours on end either. My point is, people still need to plan for deliveries.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
IF they did that, they would be asking for tremendous backlash IMO. When you have an $850 item on order and then you get a tracking number for that item, the first thing you do is check to see when it will arrive. People still need to plan their schedule around that delivery, especially if it may require signature. A first world problem? Sure. But we live in that world, so we need to plan.

If T-Mobile wanted to hold until later in the week to ship, then they should have waited to take payment and send out tracking info and mark the item as shipped.
Not to mention they charge when they are ready to ship a a they started charging Friday.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
No idea if this is bad news or not, but I have another package coming today that has changed from "order processed" to "in transit". Nothing on my T-Mo order though. Still says "order processed".

That means it is in their possession. Mine is still in "order processed" and that technically means they don't have their hands on it. "in transit", they got it in their possession. As soon as your phone gets in "in transit" it is in the warehouse getting ready to be put on a truck on already on the truck.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope, UPS can't do that because according to them, they don't have the package. UPS can't initiate a hold on shipment without having the shipment and if a hold was initiated, it would show in the scan history.

T-Mobile could very well initiate a hold and not turn over there packages to UPS. However, they are just asking for a lot of extra phone calls, tweets, Facebook messages, etc by doing that. They took people's money, sent out tracking emails and text messages and marked the phones as shipped. Once they mark as shipped, they should be turning over the phones to UPS.
If the tracking already says 8/15 delivery, that means they were already routed through the system. They aren't on hold.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention they charge when they are ready to ship a a they started charging Friday.
Yep, exactly.

I have a feeling that T-Mobile is already fielding a higher than normal amount of calls, messages, etc this morning.

Whatever has or hasn't happened, you've got two huge companies and neither one wants to provide information about this shipment.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm not making any assumptions about the delivery date until tracking actually shows "in transit". Remember the text that many of us received on Friday that clearly stated "Get ready! The Samsung Galaxy Note7 releases next week. We're packing your T-Mobile order over the weekend and will start shipping for delivery by 8/19. You'll see a shipping notification but it may take several days for tracking info to be available."

Emphasis on the part about it potentially taking several days for tracking and delivery by 8/19.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine now says "In Transit", although the expected delivery date is no longer listed, whereas yesterday it said by end of day today. I called UPS last night to check on that, and they said they expect it to arrive by end of day today as per the original notice. I'm not overly worried. Worst case tomorrow or Wednesday.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laeahkora