Anyone else wish the Note 7 had a flat screen version too?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I like the new Note and Samsung has done a better job with the edge, but I wish they would have made a flat screen model too. I like having a glass screen protector and a slim case on the phone and have read that it is hard to have both. Plus I do not like how screen content flows over the edge at times. Anyone else in the same boat?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I thought the edge screen would be a deal breaker for me but I've gotten used to it. I have a case on mine and am being very careful with it still. Never have liked screen protectors but I have a dedicated pocket in my purse for it so that protects the screen.

My one gripe about the edge that I didn't expect is my pen "slipping off" the edges when writing or trying to outline something.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm OK with the edge, but I'd still rather a flat option. The edge pretty much nixes protecting it like prior Notes: tempered screen protector and case with a lip for the edges as well as the corners.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
actually, I do, wish there is one. Maybe I am just not yet used to the edge thingy. And again if I want flat screen then I would just stay with Note 5.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I would like a flat screen.
I haven't looked at the Note 7 yet, but I don't like the functionality of curved edges and I don't know if I will like the ones on the Note7. However, I really like the looks of the Note 7 compared to the S7 Edge.
My only experience with the curved display was playing with the S7 Edge my wife purchased before she traded it in a few days later for the S7.
I just can't picture the edges working well with the S Pen. Especially when doing art work.
It's possible I could change my mind once I hold it and try the S Pen, but I have my doubts.
My Note 5 may be my last Note.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Coming from a note 5 the lessened screen size i thought would get to me but i like the edge personally.....Gives the phone a nice feel in the hand and I'm actually using the edge panels to quickly do certain things......Ive shown this phone to people and they all expected it to be a bigger phone and if you were to ask me this a year ago i would say keep it flat but this edge is a welcomed addition to me and the smaller form factor im getting used to.....Next year I can totally see a 6 inch device...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally, if the edge screen is utilized better than it was with the S6 I would like that. If they had flat and edge foe the Note 7 though, I would go with flat.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah like others have mentioned, if I had the option I would choose flat but this edge isn't as pronounced as the S7 edge so not that bad.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the new Note and Samsung has done a better job with the edge, but I wish they would have made a flat screen model too. I like having a glass screen protector and a slim case on the phone and have read that it is hard to have both. Plus I do not like how screen content flows over the edge at times. Anyone else in the same boat?

I like it looks awesome. Phone durability is worrisome though.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I actually love the Edge Displays but I just wish Samsung would either include a Screen Protector out of the box (like OnePlus 3) or make one that stays on.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Not really.

The edges are far less pronounced on the Note compared to the S7.

Haven't had difficulty in operating the device, but the main drawback is that finding a good screen protector that works with a case is tough.

Falconn11

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Honestly if they only had a flat version I wouldn't have bought a note and would have stuck with my iPhone. The look and feel of the curved screen was a big draw for me, it feels better in the hand than any smart phone I have ever had in large part due to it's current design.

If they had decided to offer two versions I certainly wouldn't mind, but it wouldn't have interested me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez