The Galaxy Note7 has been recalled for battery issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: What happens if the Note 7 is recalled?

Well, if my phone get's recalled, since I pre-ordered it at the Verizon website, I hope I can just turn my Note 7 in at my local Verizon Store instead of having to ship it myself. And at the same time they can give me a new micro sim card for my previous phone and I can activate it right then and there with same number and services. I never reset my previous phone (I always wait a few months before I do that). So I wont miss a beat. Baddah-bing - Baddah-boom !!!

Lucky for me I still love my previous phone, but it was 2.5 years old and I just decided I wanted the hottest (no pun intended), sexiest thang comin' up. :p

Peace. Alan

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I've been charging up my Note 7 overnight since I got it two weeks ago and no explosions. I'm guessing there's only a few faulty phones and the tech websites are blowing this way out of proportion.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: If sealed batteries are a liability for cellphones should Samsung move toward swappable batterie

According to BGR, Samsung is blaming Korean ITM Semiconductor (one of the battery manufacturing plants) for making faulty battery packs. If this is true, I would agree that having removable batteries would be a lot cheaper to fix this issue but also so to pinpoint which phones are affected if the batteries were marked by the manufacturer. Now Samsung has to either replace the battery (which most consumers won't want), replace the phone with a new one or offer a refund. It's a $1100 where I live, so I would take the refund if it affected me.
Personally I never thought having swappable batteries was ever dated. I like that LG continued to make phones with swappable batteries. If this happened to the LG G5, it would have been an easy fix.for LG.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I have 2 days left to return it. Problem is, I traded in my old device at Target, I have a spare Moto X Pure I can move to until this is all sorted out if need be. Between future resale and whatever options may come from a recall I am little nervous about it. My phone is working great and overall very happy, but this poses a real concern for me. Mine was produced in Korea on 8/9. Trying to figure out the best thing to do.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, if my phone get's recalled, since I pre-ordered it at the Verizon website, I hope I can just turn my Note 7 in at my local Verizon Store instead of having to ship it myself. And at the same time they can give me a new micro sim card for my previous phone and I can activate it right then and there with same number and services. I never reset my previous phone (I always wait a few months before I do that). So I wont miss a beat. Baddah-bing - Baddah-boom !!!

Lucky for me I still love my previous phone, but it was 2.5 years old and I just decided I wanted the hottest (no pun intended), sexiest thang comin' up. :p

Peace. Alan
I just did a FR on my Note 5 three days ago... dammit!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I have 2 days left to return it. Problem is, I traded in my old device at Target, I have a spare Moto X Pure I can move to until this is all sorted out if need be. Between future resale and whatever options may come from a recall I am little nervous about it. My phone is working great and overall very happy, but this poses a real concern for me. Mine was produced in Korea on 8/9. Trying to figure out the best thing to do.
The best thing to do is wait for the Samsung statement.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I've been charging up my Note 7 overnight since I got it two weeks ago and no explosions. I'm guessing there's only a few faulty phones and the tech websites are blowing this way out of proportion.

Stuff getting blown out of proportion, unfortunately, is expected when you're in Samsung's position. Just like people rip and pile on Apple for something. Comes with the territory. If this was HTC, would be talked about as much because that many devices wouldnt have been purchased.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Will you stick with the Note 7 if there is a recall or get different phone?

If they take my phone back and fix a potential problem with it, then it's now better than it was before. So there's no reason I'd want something else.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Heck yeah I'm keeping my Note 7. It's the best phone out there.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Ill take a new one, not a refurb, not mine repaired but a brand new in the box guaranteed one.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

I'll stick with it. I bought the GN7 for a reason (S-Pen, multitasking, software features, display, etc).

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

What if you have to send in your phone and then send you back a refurbished unit. Then it would be the best phone that-maybe-fell-in-someones-toilet.

From what I've read. All samsung would do is replace the battery in your existing phone and send it back to you. Could be wrong though

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

If all the note 7s are recalled and give the option of getting a new unit or a refund, will you choose to get a new unit or use the refund and get a Iphone 7Plus later this month?

For me I would probably take a replacement unit. I'm so used to Android and love the Spen and Iphone doesn't offer a Note like phone.

I'm not sure about LGV20 because of their quality issues as well with their phones. Even Apple has issues too they try to always hide under the rug.

If they offer replacement Notes I would take it.

Best Note I've ever rocked - the screen, the camera, the multi-tasking, and on and on

Would most definitely stay with the Note 7

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

sorta makes a few scratches on the screen not seem so bad by comparison to an "explosion right there on my kitchen counter".... But personally, the two scenerios are equivalent, really, cuz either way, 1st scratch on any phone's screen of mine, the phone has to "pack its bags" and find another home..might as well blow up...but that's just me...lol

BTC

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Only had it two days so still in honeymoon period. Ask me this minute and I would take the replacement. Ask me in a week and I might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.