Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
ibcop, what case are you guys using with the Note 7's ?
f6a0f5941ed7e6032bc279f33f749b19.jpg
c1a2966e1312b648fb47e977dd60bb4a.jpg

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It is not just an opinion, but a very well documented fact, just read through this thread.
It is inexcusable. A company the size of VZW should have put into place steps to handle the situation. They've known for close to a month about the recall.

How anyone could believe these companies have any interest in providing quality service is beyond me.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I just walked in to the Verizon store in Freehold Mall and exchanged my S7E to a Blue Note 7. Two weeks ago, I exchanged my black Note 7 for the S7E under the recall program. So, last night, I switched again and no questions asked. No restocking fee or anything and I got my $25 credit on my bill.

rnb8408

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
AHH!

So I called Verizon today regarding the missing return label and was told I had to return it to my store in order to get refunded for the taxes and stuff.

Call my local store, get on hold 3 times...1st she says to print a label on My Verizon....Then when I explain I was told we can't ship them, she puts me on hold again then says they are trying to figure out what to do because they can't ship the phones...Why did you tell me to then?

Anyway, just finally said just bring it in and they'll do the return on the old phone. I may just do that. I don't want to wait and hold onto the old phone and risk losing that money in taxes or worse, getting charges for the old phone. I just want this over with!!!!!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, it's pretty much like that. Plus, cell service is terrible here in the ice cave... what's that, Ygritte? Again?... anyway, yeah, Montana is a cold and terrible place and you should avoid visiting here at all times. Gotta go... Yes, right, Ygritte... I know nothing, right... a little lower...

Something something, The Horn of Winter...

You know nothing, Jon Snow. Don't talk about Montana that way.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
AHH!

So I called Verizon today regarding the missing return label and was told I had to return it to my store in order to get refunded for the taxes and stuff.

Call my local store, get on hold 3 times...1st she says to print a label on My Verizon....Then when I explain I was told we can't ship them, she puts me on hold again then says they are trying to figure out what to do because they can't ship the phones...Why did you tell me to then?

Anyway, just finally said just bring it in and they'll do the return on the old phone. I may just do that. I don't want to wait and hold onto the old phone and risk losing that money in taxes or worse, getting charges for the old phone. I just want this over with!!!!!

Give us a full report on what happens

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I see alot of people getting their Note 7 exchanged. I bought by phone from a premium retailer rather than a corp store. Will I be able to return it to a corp store or do I have to go to the place where I first got the phone?
You have yo go to the store you bought it from. I had this issue and although i was able to take care of ut at the corporate store I did run into problems.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad I was able to get my phone exchanged. But, overall in my opinion VZW did a horrible job in preparing their stores and systems to accommodate for the change.

From my perspective, this was an opportunity for them show they are not just the same ma/pa bell companies of the 20th century. Unfortunately, that attitude is still all too present.

It is such a shame. I'm still trying to figure out what all my charges were.

Their phone support is incapable of assisting on that either. They said it has to be handled at the point of sale.
I think we all had differing experiences. I had a very good experience at the corporate store but not so much at the "premium" retailer.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
well like some of the others, i did receive my replacement phone but no shipping label to send the recall phone back.

I did not receive a return label for my phone either. My spen seemed to stick out a bit more than it did on the other phone. I popped my old spen in and it seemed to fit better. Anybody else have this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.